By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi - 85 Meta (49 Critics) - 93% Rotten (169 Critics)

Screw Star Wars. It's amazing just how much I do not care for this franchise. And I don't feel bad not feeling nostalgia towards it.

I just can't wait for the 4 Avatar sequels that will debut in 2020. THEN I will get excited!

Around the Network

BotW and Mario are better than Star Wars confirmed.

Nothing can be worse than the prequels. TFA was a decent film, it just played safe with a formulatic script.

But it seems Rian Johnson took some risk with the plot of this one.

Birimbau said:
Disney are the Gods of entertaiment.

They seem to be buying their way to that title, yeah.

Minus 20 fanboy bonus... minus 10 star wars hype.. minus 10 hollywood charade... aw-man.. its even worse than the prequels?

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
StreaK said:
Screw Star Wars. It's amazing just how much I do not care for this franchise. And I don't feel bad not feeling nostalgia towards it.

I just can't wait for the 4 Avatar sequels that will debut in 2020. THEN I will get excited!

Oh wow, congratulations on having an opinion. It's genuinely impressive just how little you care, I've never seen someone care about something so little that they even come to a thread about it to talk about how much they don't care.

Edit: also word of advice, don't be too excited about Avatar sequels. They have loads of sucking potential.

I know I know, I just had to point it out because Star Wars is in my face everywhere and I just don't know how to care. I can't avoid it. Everyone loves it to death and I look at it like "what's the big deal?" In a way, I guess I kinda envy them and their excitement. I just can't wait until mine.

Yeah, of course they COPULD suck...but I'd say there's more chance of them being amazing seeing as how Cameron doesn't know how to make a BAD sequel. Aliens and Terminator 2 come to mind (but that's another topic.)

Anyway, it's going to just blow my mind if this movie like the previous one breaks 200 million opening weekend....these people are nuts!!! O_O

shikamaru317 said:
StreaK said:

You like Avatar and hate Star Wars? You are officially dead to me, lol.

Ouch! Do I deserve that??? :(

But yeah, Avatar is one of my favourite films of all-time! There was chemistry between the two leads and I just dig that sort of thing. I love how everything came together...and the "I see You" moment at the end was absolutely memorable and original to me. I guess to me Avatar appeals to me because it's more beautiful to look at with all the nature and everything - I'm a sucker for nature and the earth! Sure Avatar can be seen as a space sci-fi but it's different than the way Star Wars is a space saga. I don't know, to me Avatar isn't as geeky or gimmicky (nudge*lightsabers*nudge.)

Will be watching The Last Jedi next week with my brother!

gigantor21 said:

The title makes it sound like it only got 6% fresh on RT, LMAO.

Force Awakens got 93% but was just "okayish" for me. Really hoping this one lives up to the hype.

I think TFA was a good movie, but not reall 93% good, more like 80% to me. TFA simply had to clear the "better than the prequels" bar which it did easily. TLJ is being held to a higher standard (or so I would think) and seems to be exceeding TFA at this point, especially on Meta. 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Shadow1980 said:
I wonder how much of the Force Awakens hate is genuine and how much of it is just "It's popular so it sucks" bandwagoning. I genuinely enjoyed it and Rogue One. Maybe not quite as much at any of the original trilogy movies, but they're still leaps and bounds better than the prequels. Phantom Menace will always be the weakest of the Star Wars movies, and was the only one where I walked out of the theater less than impressed.

not much of it. If you talk to normies the generally consensus is "They really liked it". And since those normies make up a vast majority of the viewing audience I would see what you read on a hard core star wars forum or a gaming forum is non-represtitive. 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut