By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi - 85 Meta (49 Critics) - 93% Rotten (169 Critics)

StarOcean said:
mZuzek said:

You know what else was reassuring?

I'm not falling for it twice.

What? TFA was great

no, you have to remember it is edgy to call something almost everyone likes "trash". 

Was TFA a cinematic masterpiece? No. But stack it up against 95% of our typically blockbuster fare and it looks like one... 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Just finished the movie

Its aight.

If I rank it.....

1. Episode III Revenge of the Sith
2. Episode IV A New Hope
3. Episode II Attack of the Clones
4. Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
5. Episode I The Phantom Menace
6. Episode VI Return of the Jedi
7. Episode VII The Force Awakens

lol.  where is it. 

Also having ROTJ behind TPM invalidates your entire list. I mean, sure make your list but I really cant take it seriously and can't really take your opinions on TLJ seriously. 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

It surpasses Espire strikes back RT right now.

Saw it.

It sucked arse.

This comes in no way close to Empire Strikes Back. Anyone saying this is no real Star Wars fan.

Seen it last night its probably least favorite star wars movie. It is IMO awful it has some good moments but overall bad

Around the Network

I have heard mixed reviews. Some people love, some hate it. Those that don't like it claim it is too Disney and not enough LucasFilms. I will be watching it tonight and can't wait. First night (Thursday) sold out immediately in my home town. Supposedly there is a tribute to Princess Leia in the credits - http://wojdylosocialmedia.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-after-credits-scene/

“Some parents let their young kids win at games, but mine never did. I don't think it was because they were particularly competitive, they just wanted to teach me a valuable lesson. Life is mostly just learning how to lose.”

mZuzek said:
This is why you don't believe movie critics, folks.

Yeah and game critics too. To many games getting praised for nothing

Shadow1980 said:
I wonder how much of the Force Awakens hate is genuine and how much of it is just "It's popular so it sucks" bandwagoning. I genuinely enjoyed it and Rogue One. Maybe not quite as much at any of the original trilogy movies, but they're still leaps and bounds better than the prequels. Phantom Menace will always be the weakest of the Star Wars movies, and was the only one where I walked out of the theater less than impressed.

Actually, it became very common to hate Star Wars. I'm not a big fan, but I think it's something that suffer exactly from that "it's so popular so it sucks", like Disney or Marvel movies. Attack of the Clones is bad, but except from that, all Star Wars movies are great. Rogue One was amazing. TFA was great too. And I think Last Jedi will be even better.

twintail said:
Cloudman said: 

I liked it for a one-off side story. Also, I was really glad to see mah boi Donnie Yen in the movie.

sure, its not like I hated it. but nice to see Donnie playing a blind asian man who is good at martial arts and is somehow in tune with a special force that no one is. very original.

It may be a long worn out cliche, but it's one I like, haha. Also, that robot character was just so fantastic

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I really, really liked it; but I can already see how this film will polarize pretty much everyone.