By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix interested in porting classic games to Switch

Ljink96 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

So all the DS/3DS remakes, hopefully also a Remake of 8 and 9

Pretty much, the Android Remakes of 1-3, the DS Remakes of 4-6, the 3DS Remakes of 7 and 8 (or Android Version of 8) and 9, I don't know if they'd want to do that but I'd welcome it. 

I bought the DS remakes, 8 on the PS2 and 9 on DS, but I'd gladly double dip on those, too. And let's face it, 8 in HD would be gorgeous

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

So all the DS/3DS remakes, hopefully also a Remake of 8 and 9

Pretty much, the Android Remakes of 1-3, the DS Remakes of 4-6, the 3DS Remakes of 7 and 8 (or Android Version of 8) and 9, I don't know if they'd want to do that but I'd welcome it. 

Android remakes? You mean the ports of the 2004 versions that got ported to iOS and Android devices in 2013 and 2014.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Ljink96 said:

Android remakes? You mean the ports of the 2004 versions that got ported to iOS and Android devices in 2013 and 2014.

Yeah, but really who knows about the original trilogy remakes on Japanese mobile phones from 2004 Only DQ nerds in the US should know about those...wait. 

FF VII or VIII?

Definitely a lot of classic games I would be interested in..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Xenogears please.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network

The Port King returneth!

Lube Me Up

PLEASE remake Final Fantasy 5 and 6 with Octopath Traveler's art style. They remade FF4 and then skipped to FF7 #Justice4FF5-6

Ljink96 said:
Just don't bring the shitty Final Fantasy mobile ports...please! Those smoothed graphics are terrible. I'd love for them to get Dragon Quest 1-8 ported on it though. I'd buy every one of em Square!                             

This, too

SaGa Collection please! (the GB's trilogy remastered)

irstupid said:
Topic of SE porting old games to Switch.
Topic of Capcom porting old games to Switch.

Apparently all these sales tests of old games, that us Switch owners were put to through, to gauge interest in the system was just used to gauge how much we want old ports.

...But I do want old ports.

Ljink96 said:
Jumpin said:

Yeah, but really who knows about the original trilogy remakes on Japanese mobile phones from 2004 Only DQ nerds in the US should know about those...wait. 

I am not just a DQ nerd, but a genuinely terrible one.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.