By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix interested in porting classic games to Switch

Terranigma in NA, please.

Around the Network

Just don't bring the shitty Final Fantasy mobile ports...please! Those smoothed graphics are terrible. I'd love for them to get Dragon Quest 1-8 ported on it though. I'd buy every one of em Square!

I loved Dragon Quest 9 so much, it beats Secret of Mana as a co-op multiplayer RPG... and it's not even close. I really hope that is one of their top priorities.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Chrono Trigger is always welcome too! One of my all-time favourites.

Like Final Fantasy, I have a passion for the original SNES version of Chrono Trigger, where Schala's fate is a mystery - and not tied to the convoluted contrivance of Chrono Cross - I am fine with the plot of Chrono Cross, separately, but NOT redacted into Chrono Trigger.

I was OFFENDED by the final ending of the DS version... you might say I was "Chrono Triggered"

Jumpin said:

Like Final Fantasy, I have a passion for the original SNES version of Chrono Trigger, where Schala's fate is a mystery - and not tied to the convoluted contrivance of Chrono Cross - I am fine with the plot of Chrono Cross, separately, but NOT redacted into Chrono Trigger.

I was OFFENDED by the final ending of the DS version... you might say I was "Chrono Triggered"

I've only played the DS version. Is the ending different to the original?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Plenty on mobile, complete waste of time.

I personally would love Kingdom Hearts games, DQ8 and some Tomb Raider, also any kind of FF games are welcome.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 11 December 2017

Ljink96 said:
Just don't bring the shitty Final Fantasy mobile ports...please! Those smoothed graphics are terrible. I'd love for them to get Dragon Quest 1-8 ported on it though. I'd buy every one of em Square!

So all the DS/3DS remakes, hopefully also a Remake of 8 and 9

Darwinianevolution said:
Jumpin said:

I've only played the DS version. Is the ending different to the original?

12 of the 13 endings are from the original, but not the one with the Dream Devourer, that is tacked on from Chrono Cross.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Ljink96 said:

So all the DS/3DS remakes, hopefully also a Remake of 8 and 9

Pretty much, the Android Remakes of 1-3, the DS Remakes of 4-6, the 3DS Remakes of 7 and 8 (or Android Version of 8) and 9, I don't know if they'd want to do that but I'd welcome it.