By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners: What's your opinion on SF 30th Anniversary Collection?

Tagged games:

Switch owners: What's your opinion on SF 30th Anniversary Collection?

I'm glad the Switch is g... 14 46.67%

I'm happy, but I'm mad ... 1 3.33%

I'm happy I didn't buy ... 3 10.00%

I bought SFII Ultra and I... 1 3.33%

I didn't buy SFII Ultra ... 4 13.33%

I don't care anyway, Str... 7 23.33%

Total:30

I dunno why you single out Switch-users. Yes, SFIIUltra was pretty recent, still every fan of the series bought games included in this pack in one form or another before. I see no problem.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Mnementh said:

He talked about portability. Pro Controller isn't really an option on the go.

Fanny packs are coming back into style!

As I'm not an native english speaker I had to look up the word. As I lived in the 90s I remember them though.

And it is a good thing they died. Stay in the grave! Undead zombie! Go away!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
sethnintendo said:

Fanny packs are coming back into style!

As I'm not an native english speaker I had to look up the word. As I lived in the 90s I remember them though.

So how does one carry around their Switch?  Custom bag designed for it or just throw it in a backpack?  I have no idea because Animal Crossing isn't out yet.

Mnementh said:
I dunno why you single out Switch-users. Yes, SFIIUltra was pretty recent, still every fan of the series bought games included in this pack in one form or another before. I see no problem.

Mostly because SFII Ultra released on the Switch recently as an "exclusive" (there are HD versions of SFII already on other consoles, but this version is technically exclusive). Selling an SFII port months before selling a pack with the same game, a pack more complete than the first one, can anger people who bought it and spent the money when they could've waited for this version.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Mnementh said:

Mostly because SFII Ultra released on the Switch recently as an "exclusive" (there are HD versions of SFII already on other consoles, but this version is technically exclusive). Selling an SFII port months before selling a pack with the same game, a pack more complete than the first one, can anger people who bought it and spent the money when they could've waited for this version.

Yea but SF2 Ultra isn't included in this collection.  I get your point though but technically they are different versions.

Around the Network

Somewhat upset but having the SF 3 and Alpha games goes a long way.

But I am sure after they move on from SF 5, the next anniversary collection will include the SF IV games as well.

sethnintendo said:
Mnementh said:

So how does one carry around their Switch?  Custom bag designed for it or just throw it in a backpack?  I have no idea because Animal Crossing isn't out yet.

I currently use this (this has the size of the Switch and throw that into the backpack:

USFII is different as a game.

Us buying it has only been good. It is probably the reason the Switch is getting this collection in the first place.

My opinion: USF2 box art >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SF 30th Anniversary box art.

I'm fine with it. The more good games, the better.