By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4’s 2018 exclusive games: One of the best years for a console in gaming history?

pitzy272 said:
raulbalarezo said:
2019 will be even better

Maybe not in quantity, but I agree with you in terms of quality. 2018 has an impressive number of AAA games releasing. But if tlou2, Death Stranding, and Ghost of Tsushima all release in 2019, I think it will very likely beat out 2018, for my personal tastes. 

2017 was great  with Horizon, GT Sport, UC, and Hellblade, 2018 looks good with GoW, Spiderman etc, however I am most intrigued with 2019. Death stranding uses Horizon engine, TloU has of course Naughty Dogs excellent engine, Ghost of Tshushima with Sucker Punch new engine (their previous engine in InFamous was the best at  the time of PS4 launch). Such a heavy lineup of games with 4k game engines, maybe these are the lineup of for launching something else too.

Around the Network

2018 is the best year of Sony yet (for PS4) but I also think 2019 will be a fantastic year. So thats two years of great games, problem is what next, they are going to need stuff for 2020, and I wonder who will be unto the job - perhaps Horizon 2 will be then. Most of their other studios are still working on stuff for this and next year.

I suspect thats why Sony said they need to work more on their own games, because I again see if PS5 was 2020 (come on now its not going to be 2019)... then they'll struggle again to have major games releasing, they need a couple more studios.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

i still think like Days Gone. A few of these 2018 windows are going to get delayed

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
i still think like Days Gone. A few of these 2018 windows are going to get delayed

Don't be surprised if Spidey and medieval are the only exclusives left for  Q3/Q4 2018. Not that it really matters with the upcoming 3rd party games.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Don't be surprised if Spidey and medieval are the only exclusives left for  Q3/Q4 2018. Not that it really matters with the upcoming 3rd party games.

Spider-Man was one of  the titles I actually expect to be delayed till early 2019

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Qwark said:

Spider-Man was one of  the titles I actually expect to be delayed till early 2019

I expect it to be announced for Q3/Q4 and then to be delayed. Like Driveclub, The order 1886, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted and Gran Turismo. Sony really excels this gen in making each year way more attractive than it actually is. Although Q1 and Q2 are always very solid with great first party releases.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I expect it to be announced for Q3/Q4 and then to be delayed. Like Driveclub, The order 1886, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted and Gran Turismo. Sony really excels this gen in making each year way more attractive than it actually is. Although Q1 and Q2 are always very solid with great first party releases.

yeah we will see. hopefully not too many delays, i want to play most of these games THIS year. Mainly Spider-Man

PwerlvlAmy said:
Qwark said:

There was a tweet from Insomniac back in January that said that they were playtesting Spider-Man, so i assume the game must be close to being finished

melbye said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

There was a tweet from Insomniac back in January that said that they were playtesting Spider-Man, so i assume the game must be close to being finished

That's a good sign. But devs like to pull the ''to make sure its up to the quality by your standards and ours, we need a little more time for polishing'' routine on us. They better not do it :(

Every year is the best year of gaming

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS