By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4’s 2018 exclusive games: One of the best years for a console in gaming history?

Qwark said:

Ni no kuni is available on PC
Shadow of the colossus is an amazing game, but I don't count remakes or remasters for the greatest line-up. So if we count exclusives that actually sell more than 2 million we have Spiderman, Detroit, Days Gone and God of War. Which is considered a very exclusive good line-up. God of War is one of the biggest Sony IP's and count me in for a 25-35 hour adventure. This year is perhaps the best for PS4 so far. But third party games can really make it stand out, especially RDR II. Good times for Playstation.

You don’t think Dreams will sell more than 2 million? If they deliver on what they’re saying, I think it could be quite big. And why not count SotC? If it was a just a port, I could understand that, but it’s being entirely revamped. And there’s a ton of hype for it. 

Around the Network
squibbfire said:

I strongly agree with OP...2018 looks to be amazing for PS4.  No strong competition from Xbox or Nintendo what so ever. PS4's decent 2017 rolling with 2018 is gonna be pretty different then what we have experienced in the past 10 years.

LAST OF US 2

Days Gone

Hellblade

is missing from this list...if they gets released in 2018 as promised. And most of these look good.

Umm, Hellblade’s already out, 81 on metacritic

Days gone IS on the list, pretty sure it was there before your comment.

TLOU2 was never promised to be 2018, and is most likely 2019.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Slade6alpha said:
I swear I saw this thread in 2015... 2016, and this year as well? lol.

And no way IMO. GoW to me looks bad, but I'll buy it in the bargain bin along with Ni No Kuni 2, and Spiderman. The rest are blah to me.

Idk about 2015, but 2016 was a pretty darn good year for PS4; so it wouldn’t have been crazy for someone to make a thread about it, right?

taus90 said:
There is Medival and I dont know why these lists skip on VR titles.. Blood and truth looks awesome, Inpatient, Firewall are promising too. but I agree it will be really hard to top 2017 offering, in terms of Blockbuster titles sure 2018 is up there.. But cmon

Horizon
GR2
Everybody golf
gtsports
Nier
Nioh
Persona 5
Crash
Uncharted
Nex Machina
Matterfall
FF12
Knack 2
Jak and dexter remaster
Farpoint
MLB
Kingdom Heart
Wipeout
Patapon,
LocoRoco1 and 2
Parapa
valkyria
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2

Medieval added to OP. Thanks!

Are all of those VR games confirmed exclusive? Cause if they are, I’ll add a section for VR games. 

Also, your list excludes Pyre! Pyre is one of my top 3 favorite games from 2017! Why has no one played it?? :(

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 11 December 2017

squibbfire said: 

FYI...does Nintendo even have any other decent comes for 2018 besides coasting on BOW...

Do you seriously expect Nintendo to not have anything for 2018? Wishful thinking at best.

Around the Network

Assuming each game hits its target release, then yes for me personally. Interested in almost every game in OP

Miyamotoo said:

Hardly, actualy this year with games like Horizon Zero, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Persona, Nioh, Nier, Yakuza...seems stronger and we dont know how all those 2018. games will be at end.

Saying that, Switch 2017. exclusive games (Zelda BotW, MK8D, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, Mario Rabbids, Xenoblade Chronicles 2...) are better than both those years.

I’ve seen so many people say in this thread that 2017 will end up better than 2018 for PS4; but, I ran a poll for PS4 exclusives released Jan-June 2017 vs. those slated for Jan-June 2018, and 81% voted 2018’s PS4 exclusive lineup. And at the time, that list didn’t even include Days Gone or Dreams. So it seems like the majority is more silent in this thread, for some reason. 

Areym said:
Farsala said:
Yeah personally looks pretty terrible exclusive wise. 2017 had Persona 5, Nioh, Yakuza which these 3 alone > everything 2018. And thats without mentioning top games like Uncharted, GT Sport and the glorious most valorous Knack 2.

To be fair the games in 2018 have to actually release before I can judge them, but just going off my personal expectations it doesn't look too good.

Well, you can churn out Knack yearly, you'll ruin the franchise.

Gotta respectfully disagree, P5, Nioh and Yakuza are great but that's a very opinionated statement (as you mentioned, of course), i think it's a bit much to say that does 3 games alone are better than the entire 2018 shown in OP. God of War alone is already higher status and selling power (and possibly quality, although P5 will be hard to top) than those 3 combined. Hell, even the game genres line up properly. P5 is comperable to Ni no kuni, God of War and nioh are both high octane action games, albeit not entirely the same playstyle, and there's a yakuza game to match. At least we can agree that Sony is having some nice consistency, lots of games in different genres  to meet the demands of the diverse userbase that is PlayStation.

OT: Yeah, i sorta agree with the title although it will be hard to top Nintendo 2017 just from Zelda and Mario alone. Sony would have to release God of War AND Last of us 2 in 2018 to even stand a chance.

Hard to explain fully. But well before 2017 happened and if we compare 2017 to 2018 then we get something like this imo.

Yakuza=Yakuza

Nioh, Persona 5, Nier> all the rest 2018 japanese games

GT Sport > Any Sony game including God of War

Horizon Zero Dawn = Detroit and Days Gone

Uncharted, Knack 2, FFXIV Stormblood, FFXII, KH, MLB, Gravity Rush 2, Crash remastered, etc. = the rest of 2018 PS4

Obviously we already know GT sport didn't do so well, but the same thing could theoretically happen to God of War if the reception is bad. The reason I think Nioh, Persona 5, Nier is so strong is because they were well anticipated and lived up to their hype. And to explain further, Nioh was showcased at Sony's event as a huge game. Persona 5 is a game that took many years to come out with a lot of hype, especially compared to the japanese games this year. While Nier Automate was a surprise hit critically and commercially after the original failure of Nier.

Of course it is still my personal opinion of just P5 and Nioh> everything as I just put both of them in my top 50 games and I don't expect many games from 2018 to match it. DQXI and DW9 are my contenders :).

Last edited by Farsala - on 11 December 2017

If The Last of Us 2 and Valkyrie Chronicles come out this year and are as good as their first iterations, then I might agree with you. Otherwise, for me:

NI NO KUNI: This will probably be very good, but I doubt I buy it
SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS REMAKE: Haven't decided...Loved the original but don't know if I want to replay it as I know the story already
YAKUZA 6: Aren't these just like GTA but in Japan? Not a big fan
GOD OF WAR: Hoping this is good. Needed a reboot. If reviews well I will get it.
DETROIT: I liked Heavy Rain but had no interest to play another game like that. So we'll see.
SPIDER-MAN: Looks like fun. I plan on getting it.
DAYS GONE: Could be good. Hope so.
DREAMS: Probably will be great but I soured on LBP quickly. Might buy post release if it gets good support.
CONCRETE GENIE: Eh
DISSIDIA FF: Don't love fighting games. Love the source material, though.

I'm actually ok with a down year, as I felt like I couldn't keep up with all the good PS4 content in the last year. Plus RDR2 is coming out 3rd party, and that'll take up a lot of my time. I'm oddly addicted to FF XV right now and still have to play all the add-on content, and am hoping to buy more PS VR stuff in the new year.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

RavenXtra said:
squibbfire said: 

FYI...does Nintendo even have any other decent comes for 2018 besides coasting on BOW...

Do you seriously expect Nintendo to not have anything for 2018? Wishful thinking at best.

From the company that dumped Wii U on us...yes...I'm expecting it...maybe what a mario game...super meat boy forever...

Wishful thinking would be a new Star Tropics game !!!! 

Xenoblade is already out i think...(wish it was multiplat)

do you know of any big switch games coming out that we dont know about?