By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4’s 2018 exclusive games: One of the best years for a console in gaming history?

If Ghost of Tsushima comes out 2018 and it is as good as i hope, it certainly will be a 'best of' since a very long time.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

Not seeing Animal Crossing on the list which would outsell all those games combined.

Pillertriller said:
OTBWY said:
Nothing will beat Nintendo's 2017 for a long time imo.

Only for Nintendo fans opinions maybe. 

I own a PS4 Pro as well. I still stand by my opinion.

Miyamotoo said:
Lawlight said:

BotW and MK8 are exclusives? And nice - 3 Mario games in a year. I personally want the same IP in all my genres.

They are exclusives in vain that you cant play them in other current consoles, also OP mentioned Shadow Of The Colossus remake like exclusive, and I mentioned Nioh, Person and Yakuza like exclusives, funy you didnt saw that. ;)

MK8D, Mario Rabbids and Mario Odyssey are all totally ddifferent games and genres, one is cart racing, one is strategy game and one is 3D platformer.

Removing a few exclusives here and there from the PS4 line-up doesn’t matter as it does not like and die by exclusives or 3rd parties multiplatforms alone.

Those Mario games may be different genres but they still Mario games. I can’t imagine seeing the same character and same artstyle across multiple games and genres but that’s just me.

Btw, Shadow of the Colossus is a game that needs to be kept alive forever.

Lawlight said:
Miyamotoo said:

They are exclusives in vain that you cant play them in other current consoles, also OP mentioned Shadow Of The Colossus remake like exclusive, and I mentioned Nioh, Person and Yakuza like exclusives, funy you didnt saw that. ;)

MK8D, Mario Rabbids and Mario Odyssey are all totally ddifferent games and genres, one is cart racing, one is strategy game and one is 3D platformer.

Removing a few exclusives here and there from the PS4 line-up doesn’t matter as it does not like and die by exclusives or 3rd parties multiplatforms alone.

Those Mario games may be different genres but they still Mario games. I can’t imagine seeing the same character and same artstyle across multiple games and genres but that’s just me.

Btw, Shadow of the Colossus is a game that needs to be kept alive forever.

Actually it does matter, games like Nioh, Persona and Yakuza are one of best PS4 games of this year.

Regardless Mario, they are totaly different games from each other. I am pretty sure you wouldn't had nothing against if you had Crash Racing this year alongside Crash Remaster.

Around the Network

I can see disagreeing with the OP, I don't know if I understand getting personally upset that someone is more excited for other games than they are for the games you're excited for.

Also, why are we arguing about Sony vs Nintendo games again? They make pretty distinct types of games. It's going to be difficult to convince someone who loves Zelda that God of War is better or vice versa.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Not for me personally, no. I'm pretty sure every year for the last ten years has been better.

I strongly agree with OP...2018 looks to be amazing for PS4.  No strong competition from Xbox or Nintendo what so ever. PS4's decent 2017 rolling with 2018 is gonna be pretty different then what we have experienced in the past 10 years.

LAST OF US 2

Days Gone

Hellblade

is missing from this list...if they gets released in 2018 as promised. And most of these look good.

If Final Fantasy 7 remake gets partial release in 2018...god help us all. 

NI NO KUNI:  1/2018

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS REMAKE:  2/6/18

YAKUZA 6: 3/2018

GOD OF WAR:  “early 2018”. Though GoW games have always released in March. Oh, and the Game length is checking out at 25-35 hours.

DETROIT:  Spring 2018, so approximately April-June.

SPIDER-MAN:  First half of 2018. I think Sony would want to release this while there was still a lot of hype over Avengers: Infinity War, which releases 5/4/18. So i would suspect either May or June (nless it gets delayed). 

DAYS GONE:  Only window given was 2018, to my knowledge. Shu said the game is playable from beginning to end, and that Bend is now only working on polishing the game.

DREAMS:  Only window given was 2018. It will also have a beta. 

CONCRETE GENIE:  2018

DISSIDIA FF:  2018

FYI...does Nintendo even have any other decent comes for 2018 besides coasting on BOW...

Yeah that's a list of good exclusives, in the world of dying exclusives...  But that is not even close to 2017, which has been the best years for gaming since 2007.  The only games that interest me are Last of Us 2, God of War, and Ni No Kuni.  I'm not into superhero games but Spiderman does look promising so we'll see.

Farsala said:
Yeah personally looks pretty terrible exclusive wise. 2017 had Persona 5, Nioh, Yakuza which these 3 alone > everything 2018. And thats without mentioning top games like Uncharted, GT Sport and the glorious most valorous Knack 2.

To be fair the games in 2018 have to actually release before I can judge them, but just going off my personal expectations it doesn't look too good.

Well, you can churn out Knack yearly, you'll ruin the franchise.

Gotta respectfully disagree, P5, Nioh and Yakuza are great but that's a very opinionated statement (as you mentioned, of course), i think it's a bit much to say that does 3 games alone are better than the entire 2018 shown in OP. God of War alone is already higher status and selling power (and possibly quality, although P5 will be hard to top) than those 3 combined. Hell, even the game genres line up properly. P5 is comperable to Ni no kuni, God of War and nioh are both high octane action games, albeit not entirely the same playstyle, and there's a yakuza game to match. At least we can agree that Sony is having some nice consistency, lots of games in different genres  to meet the demands of the diverse userbase that is PlayStation.

OT: Yeah, i sorta agree with the title although it will be hard to top Nintendo 2017 just from Zelda and Mario alone. Sony would have to release God of War AND Last of us 2 in 2018 to even stand a chance.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian