By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Weekly, 28th October 2017, Software and Hardware

That's because the Weekly Numbers show the hardware sold across all of North America.
This chart only shows the United States.

Around the Network

Odyssey made 3D World look like a mistake. Ether way these are crazy numbers. I can't wait until we see the holidays.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

PAOerfulone said:

That's because the Weekly Numbers show the hardware sold across all of North America.
This chart only shows the United States.

Noted! Great SMO numbers. Has a Mario game done the million mark in its first week?

First Week Comparisons:

Super Mario 64 DS (...DS): 222,575
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii): 526,910
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii): 705,394
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS): 302,878
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U): 144,156

Super Mario Odyssey (NS): 849,497

Since we don't have data for Sunshine or the original 64, I can only assume that this is the greatest launch for any 3D Mario game in history.

PAOerfulone said:

First Week Comparisons:

Super Mario 64 DS (...DS): 222,575
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii): 526,910
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii): 705,394
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS): 302,878
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U): 144,156

Super Mario Odyssey (NS): 849,497

Since we don't have data for Sunshine or the original 64, I can only assume that this is the greatest launch for any 3D Mario game in history.

Indeed is the greatest. Mario won’t slow down ever. Comparing with the install base I think that makes it more impressive

Around the Network

It had an ever smaller install base to work with than Galaxy 1 did for the Wii, which is currently the best selling 3D Mario game. 
If Odyssey's legs are just as impressive and great as its launch, than it's set to become the new best selling 3D Mario game, by far.

PAOerfulone said:

It had an ever smaller install base to work with than Galaxy 1 did for the Wii, which is currently the best selling 3D Mario game. 
If Odyssey's legs are just as impressive and great as its launch, than it's set to become the new best selling 3D Mario game, by far.

Do the Super Mario 64 numbers include Shindou Super Mario 64?

I don't know what that is, so I can't answer that question.

Everybody is talking about Mario O... but Assassin's Creed Origins had a better first week than Unity and Syndicate if i'm not wrong

killeryoshis said:
Odyssey made 3D World look like a mistake. 

3D World was a mistake. :P