By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) Special Edition and PS4 Pro enhancements announced

FIT_Gamer said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Special edition steel book only $10 more? Sold also thought this would be a summer release

They announced the February release date at PGW.

Off Topic, but I find it surprising that no one is talking about Shawn Layden saying PSN ID changes coming before next PSX.

I’m concerned about the way he worded that.  I’m just saying that when it was first announced I wasn’t expecting it so early afterward 

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Pre-ordered!

My 8th gen collection

I still think Sony is sending this game to die because they aren't adding new collosi.

Nem said:
I still think Sony is sending this game to die because they aren't adding new collosi.

Nah, few remastered add content and I bet the number of people who are going to pass on this for that reason is pretty small. In fact, I'd bet a sizable portion of this games sales will come from people who've never played the game before.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Nem said:

Didn’t seem to have affected the PS3 remaster. But there will be people who wouldn’t want to buy it for the 2nd or 3rd time.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
FloatingWaffles said:
So it's not gonna be 60fps on the regular PS4?

have you seen the game?

this is not a remaster. its a remake.

I know, just for some reason I thought it might run at 60fps since other big and graphically beautiful games can run at 60fps on the base PS4. Guess they couldn't pull it off, game still looks great though. 

I am going to buy it for the first time. This game looks amazing now and in 4k HDR. Sony is executing remakes rather well lately. Ratchet and Clank, Wipeout and Crash really look amazing. Technically Crash is Activision but fuck it, since Sony gave them a big bag of money for it, though they won't admit it.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
FIT_Gamer said:

They announced the February release date at PGW.

Off Topic, but I find it surprising that no one is talking about Shawn Layden saying PSN ID changes coming before next PSX.

I’m concerned about the way he worded that.  I’m just saying that when it was first announced I wasn’t expecting it so early afterward 

What's the big deal here? Why is changing one's name so important? If you don't like your current name why did you pick it in the first place?

And Before you say, it will give choice, I'll say, sure, it's an extra feature for those who care and that's fine but it's not like this is a revolution in video games, like to say forget about VR, name changing is coming ladies and gentlemen...

As for this special edition of Shadow, I hope it's available in Europe too cause I totally wanna play this game in 60fps

Nem said:

I think you're missing the point here. This game is definitely a classic and the aim here is to bring a classic to this generation with graphics of this generation, not to change the game itself. Kind of when they release a new version of a Mozart symphony, NO ONE expects to hear added melodies or new score, just a better mastering for better sound quality without messing with the original...

At least that's my take on this.

Nice. I might be convinced to get that CE