By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) Special Edition and PS4 Pro enhancements announced

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Special edition steel book only $10 more? Sold also thought this would be a summer release

They announced the February release date at PGW.

Off Topic, but I find it surprising that no one is talking about Shawn Layden saying PSN ID changes coming before next PSX.

Around the Network

So getting this.

FloatingWaffles said:
So it's not gonna be 60fps on the regular PS4?

have you seen the game?

this is not a remaster. its a remake.

This is gonna be amazing. My only lament is that there won’t be 3D. Playing SotC in 3D on ps3 remains one of the most incredible, mind blowing visual experiences I’ve had in gaming.

That special edition will be mine.

Around the Network
Landale_Star said:
Targeting 60fps but with how much success? Even the PS2 version targeted 60fps, just it usually ran somewhere around 15fps. From the brief trailer this is clearly better than that but if it hits it's targets with the same consistency as FFXV then performance mode might be worse than cinematic mode.

Still, I love the game, I'll definitely be buying it for the 3rd time.

If the trailer you are talking about is the one they have been showing or every single showing of the game? What you are looking at is the game running in cinematic mode and targeting 30fps not 60fps.

Kinda just points at why I think this whole FPS thing is pointless. Most people don't even know what they are looking at. My take, I don't care if you run at 30/60fps. As long as its locked and steady. 

pitzy272 said:
This is gonna be amazing. My only lament is that there won’t be 3D. Playing SotC in 3D on ps3 remains one of the most incredible, mind blowing visual experiences I’ve had in gaming.

Just imagine a VR mode for the game...

Never played it, but after playing the last guardian I'm definitely getting this.

pitzy272 said:

I'm hoping they'll port that version for PSVR next :)
Yet I'm wondering whether PSVR can detect the 3D output from SotC on ps3. It can display 3D blu-rays so might be worth a try.

Edit: Googled it, doesn't look like it's possible. PSVR only supports SBS (side by side) 3D while 3D games on ps3 output frame packed 3D, not compatible. There would need to be a converter in between. Anyway the 3D effect on psvr with 3D movies is a far cry from actual VR so it wouldn't really be satisfying anyway. Plus low framerate is very noticeable of the low persistence PSVR screen. But I'll buy a psvr version of SotC any day after this version.

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 09 December 2017

Looking at this version of the game now makes me marvel at the original vision.