By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - December NPD Hardware Battle Royale! X1 vs NSW vs PS4 [Who Gets 1st/2nd/3rd]

PS4>XBO>NSW

Same as last month.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

As it currently stands, I'm thinking XBO > PS4 > NSW.

Reason being that XBO seemingly came extremely close to PS4 last NPD (1.54m vs 1.4m), and that was when PS4 had the amazing 1TB $199 deal going on.
It does not have that right now, and I think the newly released Xbox One X should push XBO beyond PS4.

If something changes and PS4 gets another great deal like that, I'll change my prediction.
Or perhaps I'm overestimating the continued interest in XB1X.

No. And if you really think of it yur reasoning becomes more wrong the more you do.

XB1 came close to PS4 in November because of the XB1X. And not just that the machine was released that month, but because there were months of preorders for it that all came into effect in that same month. If 500k of the XB1 sales were the XB1X, that number is sure to plummet in December. And the PS4 $199 deal last for all of like a week. Cut short by stock. What makes you think they can't or won't do the same thing in december? 

Anyways I am going with PS4>NSW>XB1

I don't see the XB1 doing nearly as well as it did in November with no new hardware launch to drive sales. The NS should win as the hot new xmas gift item but could be as usual limited by stock. Which kinda means the PS4 will win by default.... this will be guaranteed if Sony does another $199 deal.

PS4>Xone>Switch

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Switch>XB1>PS4

If no $199 PS4 then

1.Switch
2.PS4.
3.XBO

With $199 PS4

1.PS4
2.Switch
3.XBO

Around the Network

Xbox one > switch > ps4. Xbox one to beat ps4 by no more than 200k so it will be tight between the 3

Switch>PS4>XB1

#1 Xbox One : Being that the U.S. is the Xbox's strongest territory and that Microsoft has done heavy marketing for their console, I think this will be the month Xbox One wins. Stock will also make it beat the Switch, even if just by a bit.

#2 Switch : Family sales and holiday gifts will make this a success this winter. I almost want to say it will be above Xbox One, but ultimately I don't think A ) enough demographics are being hit and B ) there is enough stock for it to really beat the Xbox One. Games like Mario Kart 8 alone can make families purchase the system.

#3 PS4 : Demand has mostly been met I think. While PS4 beating Xbox One during November was a huge shake up and certainly a success story, a big contributing factor was PS4's sales. A 189$ 500gb Xbox One simply doesn't compare to a 1 TB PS4 slim at 199$. But now that deal is gone, and the NA audience will skew towards Nintendo and Microsoft.

Edit: If PS4 gets the same price cut or similar deals as November's, then I will put it at number one again!

I’ll go with the same results as on Black Friday, PS4 > X1 > Switch

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

PS4 > XB > SW