By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - December NPD Hardware Battle Royale! X1 vs NSW vs PS4 [Who Gets 1st/2nd/3rd]

Bump for more predictions

Around the Network

Bump ! No one cares December NPD ?

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Bump ! No one cares December NPD ?

Too worried about Novembers lol

Like most of the time the ps4 will destroy the competition especially worldwide. For NPD : PS4 > NS > Xbone

PS4>NS>Xbone
Because there is no more preorders for XbX

Around the Network
Kemono said:
PS4>NS>Xbone
Because there is no more preorders for XbX

Tons of scorpio editions on UK Amazon. Don't know about the US.

Based on the following assumptions:

A) $200 PS4 does not return for next week or for a prolonged period before Boxing Day (with stock of course).

B) $190 Xbox One does not return for next week or for a prolonged period before Boxing Day (with stock of course)

C) Switch has enough stock (which I think is the case; albeit stock is still a bit shaky particularly for SKUs that are not bundled with anything at retail including SKUs sold on Amazon, and Neon SKUs sold at retail; though I think it is possible, at least as the writing of this comment, for people to get their hands on a Switch even if it may not be the colour that they want.

PS4 > NSW > Xbox One

In this case, PS4 and Switch would be fairly close for battling for the top spot; though I would say the PS4's momentum from November as well as the PS4 Pro discount (and various retailer specific discounts on the base model) would allow it to prevail (though in this case Switch at least has a chance to prevail). Xbox One gap between it and the console in second place would be wider, but again I suspect the One having great numbers as well.

If Assumption A is violated then:

PS4 > NSW > XONE

Same as above, but PS4 would outsell Switch by a high margin.

If Assumption B is violated then:

XBONE > PS4 > NSW

In this case XBONE would take the lead with a significant amount.

If Assumption C is violated then it would depend by how the system is stock limited, and so I cannot make prediction on that.

If Assumption A & B are violated then:

PS4 > XBONE > Switch

This last scenario would essentially be a repeat of November.

Because we still don't know what MS and Sony are going to do for the rest of the month I am not going to make prediction as to which scenario would be most likely. Though right now (as in as of this point in the month) since the three assumptions do not appear to be violated, I will say the it is PS4>NSW>XBONE (with Switch and PS4 fighting for top spot; but retail specific deals and deals on PS4 Pro and games would allow PS4 to prevail). There is also the chance that a $250 PS4 maybe in the works, and I do not know how well that will do.

One final thing I will say for Switch is that Nintendo seems to be expecting 2011 3DS like sales for this fiscal year. Production issues in Japan and high price everywhere else makes me worry that it will not reach these numbers; the high price, in particular, will be an issue for Nintendo's base extension plan during the holiday where they want families and parents to pick it for children, for 3DS this worked because the system was really inexpensive at $170. However, if it is to keep pace with 3DS then it will have to sell 3.1 million by the end of December (I would say 1.5-1.6 million of these sales would have to come from USA, 1.1 million from Japan, and 500K from Europe; I personally see them falling 1 million short of the 3.1 million because of stock issues in Japan [3DS in 2011 is already above Switch there by about 300K units by the end November] and the high price not getting them the base expansion among children and families that they require in US).

Going with what the numbers have been saying the past few months.

Switch > PS4 > XBO

I believe November was an anomaly, with the X launching and the PS4 discounted and of course Black Friday deals.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

1) Switch
2)Ps4
3) X1

I believe

Bump