By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughs on Zelda: BotW 2nd DLC (add yours)

Are you satisfied with BotW's DLC packs

Yes 1 100.00%

No 0 0%

Total:1
TruckOSaurus said:
I'm halfway done with the Champion's Ballad now and I'm really loving it. The Oblirator challenges were fun and all the new shrines are really clever. One of Urbosa's shrines in particular had me scratching my head for a while (the one wer eyou got to bring the electric current to the door).

Also, it's going to be so fun being able to abuse the Champion's powers.

Ah man, I hated that one.
Not saying it's bad, because I thought it was actually pretty good. It's mostly me.

The reason is because I spent about 20-30 minutes just going back and forth, trying to find a way how to get that godforsaken door to the shrine to open, and then when I finally found it, I slapped myself across the face for being a dumb-ass abd not realizing it earlier because it was so obvious. XD

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
One of Urbosa's shrines in particular had me scratching my head for a while (the one wer eyou got to bring the electric current to the door).

That was a good one. I also liked the one where you had to work out how many of each coloured glowing ball was in the giant rotatable chamber and place orbs accordingly. All of Urbosa's extra shrines were awesome actually. Was also a fan of the one from Daruk's song with the boxes moving on a rail.

I gotta say that the voice acting from the champions is really good. They really helped bring out the personalities of each individual champion and brought me closer with them, as a player, in their own unique ways.
Revali being the best one out of the four of them.
And I was actually taken aback after hearing Urbosa's voice again. When she started talking, I got wide-eyed and said, "... Sae?... Sae Niijima?!?"

PAOerfulone said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I'm halfway done with the Champion's Ballad now and I'm really loving it. The Oblirator challenges were fun and all the new shrines are really clever. One of Urbosa's shrines in particular had me scratching my head for a while (the one wer eyou got to bring the electric current to the door).

Also, it's going to be so fun being able to abuse the Champion's powers.

Ah man, I hated that one.
Not saying it's bad, because I thought it was actually pretty good. It's mostly me.

The reason is because I spent about 20-30 minutes just going back and forth, trying to find a way how to get that godforsaken door to the shrine to open, and then when I finally found it, I slapped myself across the face for being a dumb-ass abd not realizing it earlier because it was so obvious. XD

I spent a good amount of time lifting the big metal cube up as high as possible, letting it fall then switching rapidly to stasis to lock it in place when it fell right were the current would connect only to find out that stasis prevents the cube from conducting electricity.

Signature goes here!

Alrighty, just beat it.

The new full dungeon was awesome, probably the best one in the game I reckon. Clever but logical puzzles that were fun to solve.

The Master Cycle is a fun little bonus too.

At the end of the day, I feel like I got my money's worth out of the DLC. My only real complaints are the recycling of the dungeon bosses and the fact that the clues to find the challenges were way too vague; maybe I'm missing something, but I ended up just looking up online where to find them after wandering around fruitlessly for ages. Did anyone else have this issue?

All in all, it was nice to get a little extra helping of one of my favourite games.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Alrighty, just beat it.

The new full dungeon was awesome, probably the best one in the game I reckon. Clever but logical puzzles that were fun to solve.

The Master Cycle is a fun little bonus too.

At the end of the day, I feel like I got my money's worth out of the DLC. My only real complaints are the recycling of the dungeon bosses and the fact that the clues to find the challenges were way too vague; maybe I'm missing something, but I ended up just looking up online where to find them after wandering around fruitlessly for ages. Did anyone else have this issue?

All in all, it was nice to get a little extra helping of one of my favourite games.

For Urbosa and Revali, the clues coupled with the "satellite" pictures were enough for me to find where to go. I actually had fun checking the map for terrain that fit the pictures also sometimes the clues were enough by themselves (like shoot the dragon's horn)

Signature goes here!

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah the new dungeon is awesome. Up there with Hyrule Castle, both among the best Zelda dungeons ever imo.

About the clues though, I feel like you definitely were missing something..? I mean, there was a map showing where each one was located, sure it took a while to figure out where exactly that was but for almost all of them it didn't take me too long to mark the right place, and once you reach it it's almost always clear what to do, what with the glowing rings and stuff. Then again I've already played this game for well over 300 hours so I know the map very well (still amazed as to how when looking for a Ruta shrine the other day I actually stumbled upon I place I'd never seen).

For some I found that easy, but for others I wished there was a way to have both my full map and the "satellite" pictures on screen at the same time instead of having to try to memorize the latter then switch to the full map. 

To be fair though, I suppose it's blowing it a bit out of proportion to call it a "real complaint". A niggle, more like.

And yeah, I too came across a few places I hadn't been yet while doing the DLC challenges.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 December 2017

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

Yeah the new dungeon is awesome. Up there with Hyrule Castle, both among the best Zelda dungeons ever imo.

About the clues though, I feel like you definitely were missing something..? I mean, there was a map showing where each one was located, sure it took a while to figure out where exactly that was but for almost all of them it didn't take me too long to mark the right place, and once you reach it it's almost always clear what to do, what with the glowing rings and stuff. Then again I've already played this game for well over 300 hours so I know the map very well (still amazed as to how when looking for a Ruta shrine the other day I actually stumbled upon I place I'd never seen).

For some I found that easy, but for others I wished there was a way to have both my full map and the "satellite" pictures on screen at the same time instead of having to try to memorize the latter then switch to the full map. 

To be fair though, I suppose it's blowing it a bit out of proportion to call it a "real complaint". A niggle, more like.

And yeah, I too came across a few places I hadn't been yet while doing the DLC challenges.

What I did was take pictures of the satellite images with the camera and then I could switch from the map to the pictures with L and R.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 14 December 2017

Signature goes here!

I'm disappointed. Basically because they lied to me. They said "brand new story". This is not a brand new story at all. So... fuck Nintendo. I won't buy any DLC from them ever again.

Anyone tried to go to Link's house after beat the dlc?