By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughs on Zelda: BotW 2nd DLC (add yours)

Are you satisfied with BotW's DLC packs

Yes 1 100.00%

No 0 0%

Total:1
pokoko said:
Nogamez said:

Wait isnt all DLC essentially just things that should have been in base game but they didnt have time to implement? I mean every single DLC or expansion ive ever bought has been basically just a bit more story element like The frozen thrones or the last of us or HZD frozen thing. Not sure why you was expecting like new gameplay stuff?

Then you haven't played enough great DLC, like the Knoxx DLC for Borderlands, Dawnguard for Skyrim, Far Harbor for Fallout 4, or Old World Blues for New Vegas.  Those are my favorite types of DLC because they add so much interesting content that goes outside the bounds of the original game.

Actually, Nintendo should have copied Elder Scrolls a bit more and let Link become a vampire.

Well ive played Fallout 3 DLC cant remember its name maybe the Pits or something amd yeah that didnt add any new game play just a new section and abit more story. I havent played this DLC yet though and it would off been nice to have a new enviroment to explore. Ill pick it up next week i think. Also yeah i havent played a ton of DLC cos im normally burnt out on the game by time DLC arrives 

Around the Network
Zarkho said:

I would have loved more "replayability" in this DLC (and maybe in the base game too). Something like new minigames, new footraces, new horse races (proper races with proper competitors, not just you VS the clock), maybe a full fledged coliseum... Even If you get the motorcycle at the end (which I don't really like that much, specially when the new horse gear fits the world nd the lore way better), there's not much to do with it at this point, and driving around Hyrule without a pourpose is nice but gests unappealing quickly...

I don't know, I'm still in love with this game (GOAT along Majora's Mask for me, btw), but it keeps making me feel that it gave space for another thousand gameplay and story possibilities that will never be fully exploited, and that makes me perceive it as if it has lots of unexplored potential... Like if it could be a more complete, round experience and it will forever stay "half baked" (even if it's way more complete and full of posibilities than 99% of the games out there!).

I actually feel like the amount of possibilities that can still be explored with Botw's mechanics make it all the more exciting; that as amazing as the game is, it's potentially just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what can be accomplished with its unique brand of organic interactivity and freedom, and that its successors may use the same foundations to rise to even greater heights.

I finished the DLC yesterday and...wow that was a treat. Had fun solving all the riddles, tackling the new shrines, and learning more about the Champion characters. That final dungeon though...what a treat! Probably the coolest design yet, compared to the four story dungeons, and the boss and reward were awesome. Before shelving the game again, I beat Ganon one last time with the Master Cycle...boy did that feel great.

Overall, I'd say I was impressed with how DLC was handled here. I would have enjoyed additional areas or towns as much as anyone else, but new the new shrines and trials did a great job of recapturing my interest in the game, and probably provided an extra 15-20 hours of content overall (both packs combined). I'd say it was worth the price overall, especially if you've finished everything and are still craving more.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Have only played the part at the Great Plateu. That was hard!

And have to say that I've started my new fifth playthrough of the game. None complete or anywhere near to 100%.

So good. Like the good old OoT days.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

My thoughts can be summarized in one photo and one video:

First, the photo:

Take it away, Limp Bizkit!

Around the Network

I like how the new cutscenes show a new side to the Champions; tough guy Daruk being scared of dogs, outwardly arrogant Revali being hard on himself when he thinks he's alone, etc.

Just finished the last of the four songs, Revali's. The "Master the orb" shrine really stood out, very cool design. The snowboarding challenge was groovy also.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 December 2017

I really enjoyed the main quest and the back story that it added to the champions. There are plenty of secrets that were added too.

I would say it was very enjoyable. I have yet to get all the new outfits/armour.

Just got the season pass, and so far I'm loving the DLC. In particular, the new shrines. The fact that it fleshes out the story behind the champions is great too. I think I'll easily be able to dump 100 more hours into the game.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

irstupid said:
BerriJammi said:

I was expecting more story but $20 for roughly 18-20 additional hours of content is far from the worst deal. Some games only last that long and charge you full price for it.

Is this new DLC that long or are you including the Trial of the Sword as well?

I'm including both DLC packs since that's what you get for the $20 price. Though looking at howlongtobeat.com now I'm seeing that it's more like 15-19 hours for the two. Still about as long as some games though.

I'm halfway done with the Champion's Ballad now and I'm really loving it. The Oblirator challenges were fun and all the new shrines are really clever. One of Urbosa's shrines in particular had me scratching my head for a while (the one wer eyou got to bring the electric current to the door).

Also, it's going to be so fun being able to abuse the Champion's powers.

Signature goes here!