By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughs on Zelda: BotW 2nd DLC (add yours)

Are you satisfied with BotW's DLC packs

Yes 1 100.00%

No 0 0%

Total:1

Wait isnt all DLC essentially just things that should have been in base game but they didnt have time to implement? I mean every single DLC or expansion ive ever bought has been basically just a bit more story element like The frozen thrones or the last of us or HZD frozen thing. Not sure why you was expecting like new gameplay stuff?

Around the Network

Gotta say the Obliterate quest is pissing me off. That's not..."fun" to me. But I hear it's only for 4 shrines. I just wish the only thing they had for "difficulty" was taking your hearts away and putting spikes in every square inch of the shrines. I better quit and start studying for finals.

Well, I did the first 4 shrines. They were nice. But I also hoped for more. Like a post ganon story and rebuilding hyrule in some sort or exploring a complete new areal or a new dungeon which doesn't look like another shrine or divine beast. I was expecting a dungeon like in Twilight Princess...but...oh well....I'm still at the beginning...and probably continue after I am done with Xenoblade 2. This game is lime a fucking drug addiction.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Already have it but haven't gotten to getting all divine beasts (1 left), but gonna have to do it after beating XC2.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Just finished the Plateau trial with the "1 hit kill/death" blade, and I really enjoyed it! On paper it sounded frustrating, but it was actually really fun, since I had to play smart and adapt rather than just relying on brute force.

Around the Network

If you compare it to the 18 bucks i paid for a whole new story massive extra environment, new enemies new gear from horizon zero dawn expansion.

Yea zelda 's dlc is extremely lacking and criminally over expensive.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

mZuzek said:
Ok, now I'm done with it, so hello.

It was pretty damn awesome. The 4 quests on each area got a bit too formulaic and repetitive but the pay-off in the end is so worth it. The new dungeon was the shit.

Yeah, basically my thoughts as well.  Figuring out where the markers were was fun though, and a lot of those quests were enjoyable too.  My only gripe with The Champions' Ballad was the Obliterator quest.  It wasn't very fun and felt a bit like padding.  Had flashbacks of Skyward Sword - which is never ever a good thing. 

The final dungeon is amazing and I really like a lot of the DLC gear they added.  That dungeon, the gear, most of the quests and the bike all make this DLC worth the money.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Just beat Urbosa's Song. Thunderblight was not as painful as I remember; I had such a hard time with him when I originally beat him that I was dreading having to repeat it, but I found a way to cheat him; in the final phase, I just dropped a bomb, waiting for him to move in with his teleporting slash, then ran off and blew up the bomb in his face. XD Also used Stasis+ for some cheap hits.

So far I've done 10 of the new shrines (the 4 on the plateau, but 3 each for Urbosa and Mipha's segments) and almost all of them have been excellent, every bit as clever and fun as those the game already offered.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

So far I've done 10 of the new shrines (the 4 on the plateau, but 3 each for Urbosa and Mipha's segments) and almost all of them have been excellent, every bit as clever and fun as those the game already offered.

Yeah, no filler shrines this time. I had no problem with the content, only with the way it's presented - by the time you get to the third or fourth area, it starts to get really repetitive when you're doing the same "look at the pictures > find place on the map > do some challenge > do shrine" stuff over and over again, and it doesn't help that even a lot of text and dialog from Kass and the Monks is recycled.

All in all, I'm really satisfied though. I disagree with the Obliterator quest being lame, I thought it was really cool and it was great to have a reason to explore the Great Plateau again, as that's one of my favorite areas in the game and it was useless ever since you first left it.

The challenges to reveal the shrines are a bit hit and miss so far; fighting a bunch of guardians above Zora's Domain, and the Moldugaking in Gerudo were cool, but having to redo the Yiga hideout was lame. I still wish they didn't recycle the Blight Ganon boss fights, that's about my only major complaint with the Champion's Ballad DLC up to this point. Just feels lazy. 

I actually really liked the Obliterator quest too, it was the right kind of challenging, making me have to think and adapt rather than just charging in guns blazing. Plus the whole "you kill everything in one hit, but you die in one hit too" thing made it thrillingly intense. 

i think im alone on this but I for one am pretty fucking sick of trials at this point. its great that the game is being given more content but it lacks variety. from the DLC alone you have Trial of the Sword and the Champions Ballad.

Trial of the Sword gives you 11 starter trials, 14 middle trials, and 20 final trials. then in the Champions Ballad you have 4 trials using the One-Hit Obliterator, each of which open a secondary trial and once all of those are done, that unlocks 4 more sets of trials each containing 3 trials that you have locate using maps and then another trial in the form of a repeat of the Divine Beat Boss fight. im still in the midst of that so im not even sure whats going to happen after that.

so far that adds up to 69 total Trials. I already have the Master Sword and freed all the Divine Beasts and went through a ton of Shrines. at this point its the god's problem more than it is mine if they feel I havent done enough to prove myself.