By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughs on Zelda: BotW 2nd DLC (add yours)

Are you satisfied with BotW's DLC packs

Yes 1 100.00%

No 0 0%

Total:1

Yeah while I am enjoying the Champion's Ballad overall, to be honest I would've preferred if it was a new landmass to explore with new terrain and enemies, rather than new challenges in existing areas.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 December 2017

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Yerm said:
i think im alone on this but I for one am pretty fucking sick of trials at this point. its great that the game is being given more content but it lacks variety. from the DLC alone you have Trial of the Sword and the Champions Ballad.

Trial of the Sword gives you 11 starter trials, 14 middle trials, and 20 final trials. then in the Champions Ballad you have 4 trials using the One-Hit Obliterator, each of which open a secondary trial and once all of those are done, that unlocks 4 more sets of trials each containing 3 trials that you have locate using maps and then another trial in the form of a repeat of the Divine Beat Boss fight. im still in the midst of that so im not even sure whats going to happen after that.

so far that adds up to 69 total Trials. I already have the Master Sword and freed all the Divine Beasts and went through a ton of Shrines. at this point its the god's problem more than it is mine if they feel I havent done enough to prove myself.

You're supposed to enjoy the content for its gameplay. I think the whole point of this game was that you're ready once you feel like it? For all you care if you feel ready just get on with it, defeat Ganon, and be done with the game.

i suppose thats really my point. anybody who picks up the game today will have just that much more content to enjoy, which is great for those people. but for somebody who has already beaten Ganon months beforehand, it just doesnt hold up. it feels like more of an extraneous task more than anything else that doesnt have much reward. before the Champion's Ballad was released i heard rumors that the DLC Pack 2 could even have some post-game content and focus on Hyrule after the calamity was sealed, which i would have loved to see, but its just more shrines. im not mad at the content or gameplay, just the variety. 

for the price this is good. and I don't agree DLC 2 does not belong in the main story.

Releasing on the same weekend of Arms Party, Splatfest, Mario + Rabbids new mode and right after a few great games on the play. they could have waited January... but hey...

Switch!!!

I was expecting more story but $20 for roughly 18-20 additional hours of content is far from the worst deal. Some games only last that long and charge you full price for it.

Zarkho said: 

TldR: A good amount of content, but none of it truly new in terms of story or gameplay mechanics. Great DLC for anyone who is about to start the game, since it adds lots of interesting things, but not too appealing for anyone like me, who has invested more than 200 hours in the game and completed almost everything in the main game.

I haven't purchased the new DLC yet, but I'm getting that sort of feeling as well. The DLC makes BotW an even greater game when viewed upon as a whole, but coming from someone who has spent 150+ hours already in the game, there isn't much here that makes me want to go out and buy it.

More than likely I will buy this DLC when I'm ready to replay through the game once more, maybe next year or the year after.

Around the Network
BerriJammi said:

I was expecting more story but $20 for roughly 18-20 additional hours of content is far from the worst deal. Some games only last that long and charge you full price for it.

Is this new DLC that long or are you including the Trial of the Sword as well?

Finished it yesterday and overall thought it was pretty solid. The highlight is definitely the final divine beast and boss, while the worst part was having to fight the previous bosses again with barely any alteration. I was dissappointed that there was no new environments and the story didn't reveal anything new, but overall the new shrines are some of the best inthe game, the added cutscenes make the champions a little bit more relatable and, as I say before, the new dungeon and boss are great!

That being said, I do have a nagging sensation that all of this could've been in the base game

I make game analyses on youtube:

FFVI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSO6n8kNCwk
Shadow of the Colossus: https://youtu.be/9kDBFGw6SXQ
Silent Hill 2: https://youtu.be/BwISCik3Njc
BotW: https://youtu.be/4auqRSAWYKU

I would have loved more "replayability" in this DLC (and maybe in the base game too). Something like new minigames, new footraces, new horse races (proper races with proper competitors, not just you VS the clock), maybe a full fledged coliseum... Even If you get the motorcycle at the end (which I don't really like that much, specially when the new horse gear fits the world nd the lore way better), there's not much to do with it at this point, and driving around Hyrule without a pourpose is nice but gests unappealing quickly...

I don't know, I'm still in love with this game (GOAT along Majora's Mask for me, btw), but it keeps making me feel that it gave space for another thousand gameplay and story possibilities that will never be fully exploited, and that makes me perceive it as if it has lots of unexplored potential... Like if it could be a more complete, round experience and it will forever stay "half baked" (even if it's way more complete and full of posibilities than 99% of the games out there!).

Nogamez said:

Wait isnt all DLC essentially just things that should have been in base game but they didnt have time to implement? I mean every single DLC or expansion ive ever bought has been basically just a bit more story element like The frozen thrones or the last of us or HZD frozen thing. Not sure why you was expecting like new gameplay stuff?

Then you haven't played enough great DLC, like the Knoxx DLC for Borderlands, Dawnguard for Skyrim, Far Harbor for Fallout 4, or Old World Blues for New Vegas.  Those are my favorite types of DLC because they add so much interesting content that goes outside the bounds of the original game.

Actually, Nintendo should have copied Elder Scrolls a bit more and let Link become a vampire.

It looks like people enjoyed the DLC. Good, i'll get to it when i'm finished with XC 2.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.