By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

This thread is crazy. The Switch is doing good. In the end I expect it to do Wii+ numbers in the end anyway .

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
160rmf said:
Lawlight said:

Fair enough. I guess it’s a vicious circle. I don’t even mind the Switch doing great, just as long as they’re not the market leader.

What's is so bad about Nintendo being market leader if Sony still have great numbers with PS4?

"Fair enough. I guess it’s a vicious circle. I don’t even mind the Switch doing great, just as long as they’re not the market leader."

Why didn't Lawlight reply to this? 

killeryoshis said:
This thread is crazy. The Switch is doing good. In the end I expect it to do Wii+ numbers in the end anyway .

Wii+? By how much?

VGPolyglot said:
killeryoshis said:

Wii+? By how much?

I expect Switch to outsell the Wii in ltd. That's all I'm saying. Right now my range is between 100 million to 150 million. The only reason I have such a huge range is because I'm not sure 100% what Nintendo is going to do. However Wii numbers should be the floor. DS numbers should be the ceiling. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
VGPolyglot said:

Wii+? By how much?

I expect Switch to outsell the Wii in ltd. That's all I'm saying. Right now my range is between 100 million to 150 million. The only reason I have such a huge range is because I'm not sure 100% what Nintendo is going to do. However Wii numbers should be the floor. DS numbers should be the ceiling. 

Well, unfortunately that's way too big of a range for proper discussion.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
160rmf said:

What's is so bad about Nintendo being market leader if Sony still have great numbers with PS4?

Because I didn’t see it. Nintendo is only interested in rehashing its IPs. We cannot have a leader that just gives us the same thing over and over again.

Last edited by Lawlight - on 09 December 2017

my prediction 1650k. double 2014 1660k IIRC. PS4 doubles november sales according zhugex

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1882937/

Lawlight said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Because I didn’t see it. Nintendo is only interested in rehashing its IPs. We cannot have a leader that refuses to give us the same thing over and over again.

Hahahaha, exactly, Nintendo refuses to give us the same thing over and over. That's why Nintendo fans like the company.

quickrick said:
my prediction 1650k. double 2014 1660k IIRC. PS4 doubles november sales according zhugex

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1882937/

He’s also saying the leaked numbers from 2014 aren’t 100% accurate either. The original leaked numbers for 2014 were 826-831k which if doubled, would be 1.65-1.67 million. But again since he said those aren’t 100%, we can’t be sure till next week. 

Volterra_90 said:
Lawlight said:

Because I didn’t see it. Nintendo is only interested in rehashing its IPs. We cannot have a leader that refuses to give us the same thing over and over again.

Hahahaha, exactly, Nintendo refuses to give us the same thing over and over. That's why Nintendo fans like the company.

I fixed my post. Come on, even the most diehard Nintendo fans realise that Nintendo is very risk-averse and likes to use the same IPs.