By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

Wouldn't be surprised if CoD sold around 8 million imin November in the US when we include digital.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
tbone51 said:

If switch surpasses 3ds how is that market shrinkin? Unless you mean because sony abandoned it?

Last generation we had the PSP and DS sell a combined 230M+ units. How has it not shrunk? 

The same can be said for home consoles? However people do not mention that.

However in your example, shouldn't switch be compared to 3DS/Vita market, not DS or PSP market? 

thismeintiel said:
tbone51 said:

If switch surpasses 3ds how is that market shrinkin? Unless you mean because sony abandoned it?

Last generation we had the PSP and DS sell a combined 230M+ units. How has it not shrunk? 

He said continue to... So switch being above 3ds/vita or close to it isnt shrinking

thismeintiel said:
tbone51 said:

Shrinking and shrunk are two different things, one is present while the other is in the past. Just because it shrank from DS/PSP to 3DS/Vita does not mean that it is  still shrinking.

Thats like when Lawlight claimed Pokemon is shrinking because it doesnt sell as well as Gen 1 & 2 despite Gens 3-6 all selling roughly the same.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

tbone51 said:
thismeintiel said:

He said continue to... So switch being above 3ds/vita or close to it isnt shrinking

Do you think the 3DS + Switch will reach 230m units?

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

I thought that when people talked about the Gap closing, they were refering to this:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/09/06/gap-close-roughly-200-stores-next-three-years/637784001/

I know you're joking but this seems pretty ignorant. Launch aligned Switch is closing the gap. That's all anyone has ever been talking about. Why would people talk about this year when PS4 gets more stock* and lower prices anyways? 

*lol, "stalk"

Launch aligned lol. And what happens when it’s the PS4’s November again - will the Switch still be closing the gap then?

zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:

My point is that the comparison is flawed.

Im sorry that ~255 vs ~265 days isnt close enough for you.

Nice spin. You know damn well that not all days of sales ae equivalent. 10 days of sales in November makes a big difference.

ThisGuyFooks said:
tbone51 said:

Do you think the 3DS + Switch will reach 230m units?

Why does it have to reach 230mil? Your not getting the point and your making up your own thing now

ThisGuyFooks said:
X1Gates said:

I am happy to see that SWBF2 flopped in comparison to COD. Hopefully EA see that no one cares for the pay to win and don't try to implement it into my beloved battlefield franchise. 

What happened with your Amazon Thread updates bro? You are missed there!

I tried to update once but a certain person came along and just ignored my update and did his, so thought no point.

Lawlight said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I know you're joking but this seems pretty ignorant. Launch aligned Switch is closing the gap. That's all anyone has ever been talking about. Why would people talk about this year when PS4 gets more stock* and lower prices anyways? 

*lol, "stalk"

Launch aligned lol. And what happens when it’s the PS4’s November again - will the Switch still be closing the gap then.

What is "lol" about talking about closing a gap launch aligned? I swear, you think the strangest things are funny. 

It was only 61k off from PS4's 2014 November performance. So, just like about every other statistic for Switch, we know the console is "close" to PS4 but performing just under it. Similarly, that's how Switch has been closing the gap to PS4. Every week it's constantly closing the gap compared to the PS4 launch aligned. So the best way to explain this is, PS4 has certain months of huge growth, but on a normal week the Switch will close the gap when launch aligned.

Of course the gap is big enough that, when accounting for the PS4's lead, it will be very difficult to beat the PS4. It has the lead and as you said, when PS4's November comes again it will again have a larger gap. The two consoles will just alternate between being close to each other in sales or being very far apart, and in this latter's case PS4 is the one that will be taking the lead when those holiday numbers hit. It will be the victor, most likely. 

All I'm saying is that I've never seen anyone say Switch is "closing the gap" non-launch aligned.