By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

kazuyamishima said:
But PS4 is doomed right?

Im pretty sure nobody said it was

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

There is a lot of freak out about the Switch but I would like to stir the pot by predicting that Switch will win December.

DonFerrari said:
KLAMarine said:

Who?

Nintendo Defense Force... always at hand when someone doesnt praise Nintendo.

Slownenberg said:
Is this correct? Didn't Switch sell the most over Black Friday? Between that and extra stock for Mario at the beginning of the month it is hard to imagine those numbers are accurate unless they just had like zero stock the rest of the month.

That is what happens when someone blindly believe Adobe report and closes to counterargument.

acdcste said:

How many times are you going to repeat the same thing?

As many as you and other say it was totally sold out or that stock was an issue for the November switchs sale.

acdcste said:

Where is your evidence to say it isn’t? Actual evidence by the way not just you saying it isn’t hard to come by? And for me switch numbers are fine for a system that’s not got a discount applied. Plus the number is low anyway and will be higher when we get the actual numbers next Thursday.

nowinstock, managers of the stores, several online stores, etc...

ryuzaki57 said:
Is Switch supply lacking again? I didn't expect a Switch slowdown now, but if Switch's popularity is waning already then 2018 is not looking good. Needless to say, Platinum Games & Sega will face a huge cost of opportunity.

Great for PS4 and amazing rise for X1.

Nope. It was available in sufficient quantity. And yes 800k if final number is quite good.

zorg1000 said:

Im confused, i have no idea what you are talking about.

If stock was an issue that prevented November sales from being higher how it would double for December if there was no inventory and basically would receive just the monthly output.

"Nintendo Defense Force... always at hand when someone doesnt praise Nintendo."

Downvoting is anonymous though. How are you aware of any affiliation or motive?

So the numbers are wrong but how wrong? from my understanding they all did even better but not certain.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
So the numbers are wrong but how wrong? from my understanding they all did even better but not certain.

were talking 50-100k not a huge difference.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
But PS4 is doomed right?

I thought that when people talked about the Gap closing, they were refering to this:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/09/06/gap-close-roughly-200-stores-next-three-years/637784001/

ThisGuyFooks said:
kazuyamishima said:
But PS4 is doomed right?

I thought that when people talked about the Gap closing, they were refering to this:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/09/06/gap-close-roughly-200-stores-next-three-years/637784001/

LMAO switch will never get to close to ps4 numbers, 2 reasons, all third party games are on ps4, and thats what sell systems, the handheld market will continue to shrink, because of mobile. 

ThisGuyFooks said:
kazuyamishima said:
But PS4 is doomed right?

I know you're joking but this seems pretty ignorant. Launch aligned Switch is closing the gap. That's all anyone has ever been talking about. Why would people talk about this year when PS4 gets more stock* and lower prices anyways? 

*lol, "stalk"

Thought Switch would hit a million. Surprised XBox One was so close to PS4.

Sh1nn said:

COD WWII - 4.4M
SW BF2 - 882K

UPD: 

That's only retail sales 

I am happy to see that SWBF2 flopped in comparison to COD. Hopefully EA see that no one cares for the pay to win and don't try to implement it into my beloved battlefield franchise.