By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

KLAMarine said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

Units were available then as they are now. Not that it meant anything for Nov NPD since the deadline was the Saturday after BF. 

Noted. Thanks.

numbers came from ZhugeEX he said switch had it's best month since launch, switch only sold 900k in its launch month, meaning switch sold less then 900k.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
acdcste said:

That’s fine but your saying it’s readily available. Just checked amazon US both out of stock on there till the 12th and 13th. Your “it’s easy to buy” narrative is a load of tosh my friend.

The thread is about November, my friend, in the past month switch was available all the month from amazon, with just a few out stock for a couple of hours.

Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Gamestop and many other sites had the switch available online and in store, I checked several retail stores of those one and saw healthy stock of switch.

The only "switch is still out of stock thing", it seems to be in Japan Only at the moment.

People were quick to throw around the "Anecdotal Evidence is Irrelevant" card, but literally almost every experience from users around here was that when they went to retail stores, there were stacks of Nintendo Switch availables for purchase.

Even in Amazon, if the console was out of stock, Amazon would let you buy it from them with a 1-2 days availability, which is basically nothing.

quickrick said:
KLAMarine said:

Noted. Thanks.

numbers came from ZhugeEX he said switch had it's best month since launch, switch only sold 900k in its launch month, meaning switch sold less then 900k.

What tweet in particular?

zorg1000 said:
Pagan said:

750k? For a new console and with a good stock?

Thats really bad. The switch can sell as much as they want in dec. BF was in November. I am really really dissapointed.

Its not really bad, its not amazing but its far from bad.

First post-launch Nov NPD
DS-369k
PSP-???
360-511k
Wii-981k
PS3-466k
3DS-765k
Vita-215k
Wii U-225k
XBO-1.23m
PS4-831k
NSW-770k

It did better than everyone but Wii, PS4 and XBO.

So the race is between the switch psp, ps3 and 360?

Interessting. Dont forgett the market growth. We are wealthier than ever before. And dont forgett that online shopping wasnt as big as today. Now a person somewhere in the sahara Desert can order a console and it will come as long as you have an adress. Ps3 today would sell also a million. Be sure. Thats just bad. Its christmas. I mean common. What if sony cuts down the price to 199 dollar forever? Will we see a 1:2 ratio for the rest  of the switches life or what?

Pagan said:
zorg1000 said:

DS-369k
PSP-???
360-511k
Wii-981k
PS3-466k
3DS-765k
Vita-215k
Wii U-225k
XBO-1.23m
PS4-831k
NSW-770k

Interessting. Dont forgett the market growth. We are wealthier than ever before. And dont forgett that online shopping wasnt as big as today. Now a person somewhere in the sahara Desert can order a console and it will come as long as you have an adress. Ps3 today would sell also a million. Be sure. Thats just bad. Its christmas. I mean common. What if sony cuts down the price to 199 dollar forever? Will we see a 1:2 ratio for the rest  of the switches life or what?

Seeing how switches number might be higher it might beat PS4 as well in terms of first full November. So are PS4 numbers bad?

Last edited by Acevil - on 08 December 2017

Around the Network

Is Switch supply lacking again? I didn't expect a Switch slowdown now, but if Switch's popularity is waning already then 2018 is not looking good. Needless to say, Platinum Games & Sega will face a huge cost of opportunity.

Great for PS4 and amazing rise for X1.

Madword said:
jason1637 said:

Yea in the June NPD prediction thread but I dunno if that's fake or not anymore.

Would be interested to know what that was Jason... ?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8502928

ryuzaki57 said:
Is Switch supply lacking again? I didn't expect a Switch slowdown now, but if Switch's popularity is waning already then 2018 is not looking good. Needless to say, Platinum Games & Sega will face a huge cost of opportunity.

Great for PS4 and amazing rise for X1.

Let bayo3 go already, its ok. And lol to nintendo switch popularity xD

Pagan said:
zorg1000 said:

DS-369k
PSP-???
360-511k
Wii-981k
PS3-466k
3DS-765k
Vita-215k
Wii U-225k
XBO-1.23m
PS4-831k
NSW-770k

Well that was just about the most rediculous response I've ever read. Switch had a good month, no way to spin that any other way.

Switch is on track to sell similar numbers in 2017 as PS4/XBO did in 2014 (4.8m & 4.3m).

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I was predicting XBO > PS4 > Switch. My XB1 prediction was only off by 50,000, so not bad. I predicted 1,300,000 for the PS4, so it absolutely beasted (though 1.4M is still a record for the xbox brand, and even better than I expected). Switch disappointed; thought it would do over a million even without deals, but I guess it proves just how important discounting is for America.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).