By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - NVIDIA TITAN V Announced..... $3000

LiquorandGunFun said:
lol not in a million years... $3000 for a card, id rather have a oled screen and have money to spare. so glad im out of pc gaming. a updated console every 2 years or so is nothing compared to every few months.

"I don't drive a car, because trucks cost too much."

Around the Network

Off topic I have a chance to swap my evga SSC 970 for a MSI armour 1060 3gb I've seen videos where the 1060 3gb is always ahead even on high settings. Is it a good swap?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
Off topic I have a chance to swap my evga SSC 970 for a MSI armour 1060 3gb I've seen videos where the 1060 3gb is always ahead even on high settings. Is it a good swap?

A GTX 1060 performs almost like a GTX 980, so you'll see some improvement. But don't get the 3GB version, go for the models with 6GB.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

CGI-Quality said:
NATO said:

Will buy pending specs

[edit] Seems only 12gb? I'll Pass

HBM2 vs Xp's G5X. So it will be far faster. That said, I understand your frustration with the amount. They need to move on up - but then..... RAM prices are ridiculous right now. This is the full fat GV100 chip, too (as Maxwell was with GM200). So no Titan Black/Xp situation for Volta. It's going to be a substantial leap over Pascal.

The Titan V's HBM2 is going to provide 653GB/s of bandwidth.
The Titan XP's GDDR5X is pushing 547GB/s.

That is a bandwidth increase of 19.3%.

Single precision compute is up by 14%... But double precision has increased by a massive 1,715%.
Tensor Cores could also be big.

Bristow9091 said:
I mean, I was gonna' spend this money on a mortgage... but fuck it, graphics card instead. Nah, but seriously, why are these things so expensive?! I'm still using a GTX960 which I bought almost two years ago for £150 and it runs everything I play silky smooth at 60fps on high/ultra settings, some games I have to mess with a few things, like turn the AA down etc. but it's good enough for me, lol.

It is because this GPU is absolutely monolithic and thus stupidly expensive to manufacture at 21.1B transistors.
To put that in perspective... The Xbox One X has 7~ Billion transistors.

Combine that with stupidly expensive HBM2 memory... And it was never going to be $199.

CGI-Quality said:
I was also wrong about the chip. It's the cut down V102 (unlike the Tesla V100). Meaning, there will most likely be a Titan V-Black sometime in 2019. Full, fat V102, 12GB HBM2, 6K CUDA Cores.

I would not be surprised if it had 7680 or 6144 Cuda cores. AMD and nVidia like to stick with powers-of-8 unit counts.

KLAMarine said:
So what's the ideal software to put this hardware to the test?

Commander Keen.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Graphics card industry is so fucking stupid.

Around the Network

Cgi I saw an interesting article about the card.

https://futurism.com/most-powerful-pc-gpu-ever-created/

"
It’s also the first consumer-grade GPU (graphics processing unit) that the company has created around its Volta framework, which aims to incorporate AI into all developing designs while supporting and fueling moonshot concepts involving AI."

This is extremely interesting. Unless you want to, I might make a thread on the card just about that specific detail. The idea that we're seeing AI be accessible to the public is amazign.

CGI-Quality said:
monocle_layton said:
Cgi I saw an interesting article about the card.

https://futurism.com/most-powerful-pc-gpu-ever-created/

"
It’s also the first consumer-grade GPU (graphics processing unit) that the company has created around its Volta framework, which aims to incorporate AI into all developing designs while supporting and fueling moonshot concepts involving AI."

This is extremely interesting. Unless you want to, I might make a thread on the card just about that specific detail. The idea that we're seeing AI be accessible to the public is amazign.

Yup, I read that. No need for a separate topic on it, though.

If that's the case, would you be able to put that detail in the OP? Honestly it's the most significant part of the card itself. Anything can be faster, but to open the gate to mainstream AI is rather astonishing.

As for the Titan V, it makes me wonder what they'll do for the 1100 series. Perhaps 1080 will be more expensive and keep pushing their vision for AI. 

CGI-Quality said:
monocle_layton said:

If that's the case, would you be able to put that detail in the OP? Honestly it's the most significant part of the card itself. Anything can be faster, but to open the gate to mainstream AI is rather astonishing.

As for the Titan V, it makes me wonder what they'll do for the 1100 series. Perhaps 1080 will be more expensive and keep pushing their vision for AI. 

Eh, in theory it’s significant. But it’s real world performance is what it’ll be measured by. The most significant part of the card isn’t that, but what it will do for compute. Finally, for people like me, there’s another a Titan with key Double Point Performance, for example.

Hmm, so I suppose not too many people will be interested in this. Not a surprise, considering the cost (jesus christ that's a used car in the majority of the US). Does make me enjoy learning about the PC community. Can't wait to see what Nvidia does in the future.

monocle_layton said:

Can't wait to see what Nvidia does in the future.

They will probably make more GPU's.

...I'll let myself out.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
monocle_layton said:

Can't wait to see what Nvidia does in the future.

They will probably make more GPU's.

...I'll let myself out.

Damn, was hoping they'd make a new Wii instead.