By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - NVIDIA TITAN V Announced..... $3000

Just need to skip 2 months of my mortgage and im set...... wait..... I dont even have the rest of the pc....3 months.

Im starting to wonder if CGI sells drugs on the side. Or is flat out stealing pc parts.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

So when can we expect the "lower tier" Volta Titan, Q1, March-ish?

LiquorandGunFun said:
so glad im out of pc gaming. a updated console every 2 years or so is nothing compared to every few months.

Doesn't sound like you were in PC gaming to begin with if you think upgrade is needed every few months. I haven't upgraded my PC for 3 years and all games run better on it than on consoles, besides I can edit videos, pay bills and do other things that consoles can't.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

And this is why PC gaming is better than console

Cost more then the majority of top end rigs, this should cause various previous cards to drop in price though which is good and the main source of business anyway.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Captain_Yuri said:

The problem with AMD is that they need the performance to back it up imo. Sure they can do proprietary stuff or not but it's not gonna matter if the performance just isn't there. Amd isn't exactly popular either for devs to pick them over Nvidia without some incentive.

Performance is more than just the hardware itself, it's also about the software too. Breaking that vicious cycle is important if AMD is trying to establish itself in the graphics market and I think Mantle was a step in the right direction. If Nvidia is going to vendor lock graphics features then AMD should take one step further to promote straight up vendor locked games on PC or at least timed exclusivity! 

Captain_Yuri said:

Look at Vega, that shit came out a year later and it can barely compete with a 1080 while consuming a cray cray amount of power. Heck, the partner cards just got announced not too long ago and Volta is on the horizon. They need to find lightning in a bottle somewhere.

That's what happens when you have no software to show for your hardware and their "lightning in a bottle" metaphorically speaking is most probably going to be DX12 or more specifically shader model 6.0+ (especially shader model 6.2 since it exposes Vega/PS4 Pro's RPM feature) to make up some ground but no games use it so far yet ... 

Not much AMD can do other than depend on the future and keeping Microsoft at their side since they are the only ones who can help them ... 

Captain_Yuri said: 

And while it's true that CPU tech is coming to a limit, I do think Intel being greedy also had something to do with it. I am sure if intel wanted it to, they could have released 6 or even 8 core versions of their cpus a while ago without requiring people to be in the HEDT platform but they stuck with quad core versions until Ryzen came along... Not saying that cpu coming to it's limit didn't help AMD cause it certainly did but I do think part of it was also intel being greedy too.

How AMD disrupted the x86 CPU market isn't applicable to the GPU market ... 

Intel being greedy is the least of the reason why we aren't seeing increases in performance, it's just a reason why we aren't getting the best possible value ... 

I feel like we're getting off-track ... 

"If Nvidia is going to vendor lock graphics features then AMD should take one step further to promote straight up vendor locked games on PC or at least timed exclusivity! "

I am pretty sure that will cause a lot of outrage lol. Oculus tried to do that with VR and it didn't go so well.

But yea, I know it will be hard for AMD but they need to do something otherwise... Rip

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

CGI-Quality said:
JEMC said:
Holy molly! What a beast and what a price to match. But this is expected as a promuer card. Anyone who buys this thing only for games has a lot more money than brains.

By the way, CGI, if you want to get two, you'll need to spend another $599 on the SLI bridge: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/wanna-go-sli-with-titan-v-nvlink-bridge-costs-599-usd.html

Nah, it won't actually support SLI at all.

SLI not, but NVLink yes, and that's what that bridge does.

As the article says, look at the two connectors at the top of the board:

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

CGI-Quality said:
JEMC said:

SLI not, but NVLink yes, and that's what that bridge does.

As the article says, look at the two connectors at the top of the board:

Did you read this one?

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-titan-v-will-not-support-nvlink-and-does-not-support-sli.html

Titan V doesn't support either.

Ok. No, I hadn't read the other article yet. My bad.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

So what's the ideal software to put this hardware to the test?

Mar1217 said:
KLAMarine said:
So what's the ideal software to put this hardware to the test?

Life of the black tiger

Do it!