By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - NVIDIA TITAN V Announced..... $3000

The good news about Titan V is that the ones below it have a high chance of being juicy.

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
This is not Geforce .

It's still a consumer-grade gaming card. unlike the Tesla V100. 

So, CGI.
Are you getting one (or two)?

caffeinade said:
So, CGI.

One in Feb, the other in Sept.

Not quite 15 TFlops and a bummer that it's using slower clocked HBM2 modules but it's pretty much beast ...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
caffeinade said:
So, CGI.

Haha, nice.
You are able to use four GPUs on your workload right.

Or are you selling your old ones to pay for the new hardware?
Either way, I am jealous.

fatslob-:O said:
Not quite 15 TFlops and a bummer that it's using slower clocked HBM2 modules but it's pretty much beast ...

caffeinade said: 
CGI-Quality said: 

Haha, nice.
You are able to use four GPUs on your workload right.

Or are you selling your old ones to pay for the new hardware?
Either way, I am jealous.

Usually, I'll sell one or more of my cards. Always use the Titans for my work (you can probably find it somewhere on the site ).

This is what happens when there's no competition. Amd needs to do to the GPU market what they did to the CPU market with Ryzen.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

CGI-Quality said:
fatslob-:O said:

I worked out the math according to the specs and here's what I got ... 

5120(# of CUDA cores)*2(FMA op)*1.455(boost clock) = 14899.2 GFlops which is just shy of 14.9 TFlops ... 

Hopefully this won't be an overpriced embarrassment like the Titan Z, their last $3000 card. That card had comparable performance to the R9 295x2, which was half the price. They'd better be able to back up that price this time around.