By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 3 announced exclusively for Switch!

Our beloved Bayo! *sheds tear*

Around the Network

Nintendo's killing it!

Thinking better now, this also means that Bayo 3 must have entered development about 1 year after 2 released.Its great to hear that Nintendo is fostering the good relationship it has with Platinum.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

oejgaignio2ngnio2g3 gsdg

SegataSanshiro said:
Nintendo should just buy the Bayo IP from SEGA and a big stake in Platinum. When Wii was making them cash they bought Monolith Soft. It's time to spend some Switch money and buy Platinum.

hell, if they can, they should just buy SEGA.

sega in general still makes a profit in japan due to arcades.

if they could use sega clout to get into south america...

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
Nintendo should just buy the Bayo IP from SEGA and a big stake in Platinum. When Wii was making them cash they bought Monolith Soft. It's time to spend some Switch money and buy Platinum.

With Nier success, I dont think Platinum would want that, not when there is so much money to make out of a Nier 3.But I dont think thats really necessary, given the excellent relationship Nintendo and Platinum have.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nintendo must have felt Bayonetta 2 sold well enough in their eyes to probably fund Platinum to work on a Bayonetta 3.

Getting this day one release as well as the combo pack 1&2 as never finish the second on WiiU.

This probably confirms Bayonetta will be in the next Smash.

But buying SEGA would also buy Atlus too.

If that's what it takes to get Persona 5 on Switch, then do it, Nintendo!

PAOerfulone said:
So, is Bayonetta unofficially a Nintendo franchise at this point?

Outside of the original, obviously, I would think so. It's nice that after concerns of whether or not a sequel to the original would ever get off the ground, Nintendo was able to pitch in and keep the series going while maintaining its hardcore, unapologetic feel, especially with Bayonetta as a character. With her surprise appearance as a DLC character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS and this recent announcement, Bayonetta has grown within the Nintendo community and provides a different feel from the usual family-friendly Nintendo characters of Mario, Luigi, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, etc. She now shares the spotlight with Samus Aran and Lucina among the known female leads of Nintendo.

Boring game, I'd be more excited if Plat go for a new ip on switch