By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - J.K. Rowling finally addresses Johnny Depp's casting as Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts franchise

FInally addressed it?

She basically ignored it. Just says to respect the two peoples privacy and then says we love having him casted.

Around the Network

Erm... what's the probkem with Depp? He is a good actor. I guess it's just irrational QQ from self entitled "fans".

spurgeonryan said:
irstupid said:
FInally addressed it?

She basically ignored it. Just says to respect the two peoples privacy and then says we love having him casted.

Still addressed, just not properly.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jk-rowling-defends-casting-johnny-depp-fantastic-beasts-sequel-1065352?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Here is another link.

Thanks for the link, I had heard none of that drama and was lost as to why people had a problem with Depp. 

Edited out a joke.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 08 December 2017

spurgeonryan said:
Nem said:
Erm... what's the probkem with Depp? He is a good actor. I guess it's just irrational QQ from self entitled "fans".

Supposedly he may have been abusive to his ex. 

I'm getting really sick of this victimization wave.

Most of the stories are complete BS. Only the Harvey Weinstein story seems worth the attention and consequences. Well, and the senate candidate that may have committed pedophilia.

The consequences are being far out of whack compared to the transgressions.

Honestly, Depp is a skinny guy. There's no way he abused anyone (except verbally). It's nonsense.

Nem said:
spurgeonryan said:

Most of the stories are complete BS. Only the Harvey Weinstein story seems worth the attention and consequences. Well, and the senate candidate that may have committed pedophilia.

Honestly, Depp is a skinny guy. There's no way he abused anyone (except verbally). It's nonsense.

Wait what? Only fat people can be physically abusive? Im confused right now

Around the Network
Nem said:
spurgeonryan said:

J.K Rowling is one of the strongest fighters against injustice/abusive people etc. 

If I was a producer of a movie and I would have had an abusive actor she would be the their on twitter asking her fans to not watch the movie or create tweets about how disgusted I am because I choose money above 'women' rights.   She is exactly doing what she condemned others for.

She had no problem with a black english actor playing Hermione for the Cursed Child and a duller book version of Bellatrix Lestrange being played by a flambouyant but a very great actor like Helena Bohman Carter for the films. I don't think she cares. Depp is a good actor anyway.

I admit I thought Grindelwald should be more stiff but it wouldn't be interesting if they let that happen. The only reason Grindelwald didn't turn out boring because Albus fell in love with him.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Nogamez said:
Nem said:

Wait what? Only fat people can be physically abusive? Im confused right now

It is beyond me how that is what you read from that.

Fuck the SJWs that demand people lose their jobs over things that they don't actually know intimate details on.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Better reaction would have been. He played his part perfectly and that is what we pay him for. He did it so well we will shoot more movies with him. Unless he is unavle to due to an actual cinviction. If you don't agree then don't watch the damn movie.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar