By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry takes on Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Finally, a first party Switch game that recognizes the value of a little thing called "anti-aliasing". 

I also like that they kept it 720p and used the Switch's extra power on more worthwhile improvements over XCX, like foliage and lighting.

Seems the game could've used a little more time in the oven, but as someone who only plays docked, I can't say I'm too bothered personally. That said, I am genuinely shocked at some of those portable numbers. Surely they could have done better than that. 

Around the Network

I play in portable mode at least 80% of the time and don't have much of an issue with the resolution. I think I've played the game only once or twice in the dock.

Switch portable still looks 100000% better than playing XC1 on 3DS..

So it's locked 720p on docked, why does it look clean sometimes, and most of the time blurry, did they mention anything about it in the video?(or is it my eyes deceiving me?)

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Sunstrider said:
So it's locked 720p on docked, why does it look clean sometimes, and most of the time blurry, did they mention anything about it in the video?(or is it my eyes deceiving me?)

Could be the temporal anti-aliasing resolving some scenes better than others due to working more effectively with certain elements.

curl-6 said:

Finally, a first party Switch game that recognizes the value of a little thing called "anti-aliasing". 

I also like that they kept it 720p and used the Switch's extra power on more worthwhile improvements over XCX, like foliage and lighting.

Seems the game could've used a little more time in the oven, but as someone who only plays docked, I can't say I'm too bothered personally. That said, I am genuinely shocked at some of those portable numbers. Surely they could have done better than that. 

I know! I have no idea why Nintendo hates AA so much...it does so much to help image quality.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I've only played this game undocked once, and wasn't a big fan. I don't really have an eye for this sort of thing, and even I thought something felt off.

Still...I get two weeks off for Christmas, and was planning on visiting family out of town. Sounds like I'll either have to put this game on hold for a while, or put up with this. *looks down sadly*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Normchacho said:
curl-6 said:

I know! I have no idea why Nintendo hates AA so much...it does so much to help image quality.

It isn't that simple.

Yeah but they didnt resolve the most important question, can i read the text now?

Ruler said:

Yeah but they didnt resolve the most important question, can i read the text now?

Yes, so much in fact, that the screen can get completely untrackable in no time. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

That's pretty low for handheld mode, hopefully it gets fixed

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]