By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry takes on Xenoblade Chronicles 2

So far played docked like 99% of the time.

Only played handheld a few times doing the Tiger Tiger game and opening some cores before bed, or other inventory stuff like optimizing equipment and such.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:

Damn, those are some high standards xD
And to think that I'm cool with playing with my 3DS these days ;D

Don't even get me started!

game is still outstanding.

Get with the patching, Monolith.

That resolution dip is hitting GBA days. Would still like to play though.

Around the Network

From 552p to 368p!?
Thats afule, they definitely needed to take more time to optimise game, epacily for portable mode.

Well I imagine it only goes down to 368p in extreme moments and it could be patched.

RJ_Sizzle said:
That resolution dip is hitting GBA days. Would still like to play though.                              

Gba was like 160p or something, 3Ds is 240p. Doesn't reach anyone of them.

I found the immersion of Xenoblade was broken on wii u when you walked through objects and also when they appeared close to you out of nowhere. It seemed like an engine too ambitious for the console. I have to say I understand its the same resolution but it looks better and the collision detection and other features look more advanced. It just looks beautiful and much better. I'd rather have this than a 900p or 1080p version that looked and played like the wii u version to be honest. Hopefully there will be improvements but to me it just looks like a much more solid engine that won't break the immersion in the same way as Xenoblade on the wii u and that to me is a huge win.

I just wish I'd enjoyed the games more, I adore the world's monolith create but don't enjoy the gameplay mechanics as much. I still enjoy them don't get me wrong but just not as much as others I feel.

It still looks a million times better than Xenoblade 1 did on an HDTV. God, that was hard on the eyes.

Blurry portable mode?
That is honestly extremely disappointing.