By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Updated Forum Buddy

I really appreciate this tool. Thank you very much!

Around the Network
RaptorChrist said:
Didn't read through this, but I wanted to point out that the VGChartz Buddy on the site homepage rests slightly off the left side of the screen. The first 8 or so pixels are covered up. I'm using a Macbook Pro Late 2015 model, and I think the width of my screen is 1440 pixels.

It's already known and will be fixed when the new version of the site is ready.

This place is starting to look like an actual forum. Neat. Probably one of my most requested basic features.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

TalonMan said:
Zkuq said:

I just subscribed to my first thread, and 'Do you really want to subscribe to this thread?' wasn't quite what I expected. I guess the site didn't expect me to really want it.

Also, as some minor feedback, 'User: subscribe' attached to an individual post instead of the thread (e.g. near the thread page selector) is quite confusing. It makes it seem like you're subscribing to the user instead of the thread. It's not really a problem if you know what it's supposed to do, but I imagine it can be confusing to, say, new users once the feature is not talked about anymore.

I think I know what you're referring to, and it's the choice of the wording "User" - if you look at Machina's screenshots, the reason for that is because Moderators have some additional options that would normally appear there for them, and the wording was chosen to distinguish the two (it's meant to refer to you as the "User", and this is an option for you)...    ...but obviously, if you're not a Moderator, it might be a little confusing.

I'll change the wording...    ...at some point. :P

I think Zkuq is referring to the placement of the subscribe link.  Instead of being placed in the title bar of the thread, it’s placed in the header of the first reply on the page.  I also thought it was a subscription to the individual post or user instead of the whole thread.

pleaserecycle said:
TalonMan said:

I think I know what you're referring to, and it's the choice of the wording "User" - if you look at Machina's screenshots, the reason for that is because Moderators have some additional options that would normally appear there for them, and the wording was chosen to distinguish the two (it's meant to refer to you as the "User", and this is an option for you)...    ...but obviously, if you're not a Moderator, it might be a little confusing.

I'll change the wording...    ...at some point. :P

I think Zkuq is referring to the placement of the subscribe link.  Instead of being placed in the title bar of the thread, it’s placed in the header of the first reply on the page.  I also thought it was a subscription to the individual post or user instead of the whole thread.

I'm referring to both. They're both somewhat confusing, and together they make it even more confusing.

Around the Network

Honestly Talonman, thanks for making this site better.

TalonMan said:
pleaserecycle said:

Zkuq said:

I'm referring to both. They're both somewhat confusing, and together they make it even more confusing.

Well again - you can see, based on Machina's screenshots, the reason for the wording and/or location. I'll change this, at some point - but it's gonna be awhile... :(

...I know there is a "suggestions" thread around here somewhere - I highly suggest it get added there at some point, or else it's bound to get lost.

I know. I don't really mind the current situation since I know it's  going to get better. Besides, even now this is better than no feature at all!

That's also a great idea. I'll post this there.

Well i did want this feature glad it rolled out to all.

TalonMan said:

The enhanced "Forum Buddy" functionality has been opened up for everyone, now. You might need to dump your browser cache, in order to see the changes.

For more information as to what this is and how it works, please go here:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=232895

Have fun!!

Is it possible to have another link "Subscribed Topics" next to "My Topics" on the link bar? That would be cool. It would also help the people who are still using the non mobile version on mobile because there the Buddy isn't available.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Start accepting litecoin as payments and maybe I'd become a supporter. Just gotta trade in my mined coins before the bubble pops.