By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
WebMasterFlex said:

LOL. It was rather a quick switch there. 

Switch? Where?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
hudsoniscool said:
Hella Xbox hate in here 😂. I feel there 2018 doesn't look bad. State of decay 2, crackdown 3, sea of theives, forza horizon 4, possibly halo 6(every main halo game has 3 yr dev cycle but could be delayed). Obviously these need to be good. For indies ashen(limited exclusive I believe), last night and ori 2. Dayz devs say Xbox version in 2018. Hopefully 1-2 more unknown things to be announced.

In addition to this pubg releases later this month and it will help a bit going into next year. Anthem and rdr2 will look best on Xbox one x. With anthem since Xbox has marketing they will preach that but not sure if they will be able to communicate that with rdr2 since Sony has marketing.

Anyway I'm not trying to get into a list war with anyone over Sony's games. I already know they got great stuff coming. I'm just saying 2018 has the potential to be the best year for Xbox in a while.

I don’t see the hate you speak of. Mostly people who can see that the Xbox One’s situation isn’t going to suddenly improve dramatically with a $500 iterative console and the same franchises releasing over and over (particularly with PC versions). Also, some of those games you mentioned haven’t even been announced. On top of that, the last Halo game didn’t really make the kind of impact that previous games in the series did. So I don’t expect Halo 6 to change that.

Really, the last thing you should want is complacency. Microsoft needs a stronger lineup of exclusive software. Meaning - only on Xbox. Nothing wrong with that critique.

Ya not hating on Xbox but it has seemingly fallen into a redundant middle ground between PS4 & PC this generation and its going to be hard to dig themselves out of that.

I feel like they have given up on trying to gain marketshare and are content with making higher profit per customer at this point. They dont seem to develop/publish as many  big games or pay for exclusives/timed exclusives/exclusive marketing as much as they did last gen or early this gen.

Maybe they are just biding their time and going to come out guns blazing next generation but at the moment they do seem complacent like you said.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
peachbuggy said:
I guess we will see what Switch has in store in the January direct. I'd have personally preferred to have seen a December direct so we have more of an idea but i guess it's a possibility.

Well the January Direct doesn't exclude the possibility of a December Direct, though arguably the chances are slim for having both so close to each other.

I agree, unless this January direct info is bogus, or if 1 is of a specific game only.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Replicant said:

Switch is killing it.

#20 PS4 ($283)
#26 XB1 ($199)

I'm surprised to see PS4 outselling XB1 in the US despite being $84 more expensive (considering how great the XB1 did at $189).

Cannot wait to see this holiday's NPD and worldwide numbers. I hope all 3 do great.

Kind of hard to gauge which is doing better when one is sold out. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Replicant said:

Switch is killing it.

#20 PS4 ($283)
#26 XB1 ($199)

I'm surprised to see PS4 outselling XB1 in the US despite being $84 more expensive (considering how great the XB1 did at $189).

Cannot wait to see this holiday's NPD and worldwide numbers. I hope all 3 do great.

The cheaper XBO seems to be sold out and only selling used models right now, while the PS4 is in stock. Also keep in mind that it is followed by the ONE X on #39 and the BF1 Bundle on #75 while the PS4 has only the BFII Bundle on #51 apart from the fool's edition, so this balances it out a bit.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said: 

Oh, I see. "Due in stock December 10". Thanks.

Glad it's doing good. Means it must've sold a lot in the first week of December NPD which started last Sunday, right?

Bofferbrauer2 said: 
The cheaper XBO seems to be sold out and only selling used models right now, while the PS4 is in stock. Also keep in mind that it is followed by the ONE X on #39 and the BF1 Bundle on #75 while the PS4 has only the BFII Bundle on #51 apart from the fool's edition, so this balances it out a bit.

Thanks.

I missed it because it said $199 and "prime". Usually price isn't listed when it's sold out, right? Must be due to the back-ordering option.

Xbox One S 500GB…
Microsoft
Xbox One
$199.00 Prime

Yay! Keep going Switch!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Replicant said:
hudsoniscool said: 

Glad it's doing good. Means it must've sold a lot in the first week of December NPD which started last Sunday, right?

Bofferbrauer2 said: 

Thanks.

I missed it because it said $199 and "prime". Usually price isn't listed when it's sold out, right? Must be due to the back-ordering option.

Xbox One S 500GB…
Microsoft
Xbox One
$199.00 Prime

Just click on the link, you'll see the description where it says "buy used"

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Replicant said:

Thanks.

Xbox One S 500GB…
Microsoft
Xbox One
$199.00 Prime

Just click on the link, you'll see the description where it says "buy used"

Yup, I've noticed.

I've just never seen price and "prime" listed in instances where it's not readily available directly from Amazon

KLAMarine said:
adisababa said:

The Switch really hasn't shown anything hype-worthy for 2018 (it really gave its all this year). Moreover with juggernauts coming out like RDR2, Anthem, COD 2018 (yes every single COD hypes me up, fight me), Battlefield 2018, Metro Exodus, Monster Hunter World, KH3 and possible a watchdogs 3/Division 2 (Ubisoft's need to annualise IP) I really don't think switch stands a chance against a lineup as impressive, as next-gen feeling and as true high quality than these games.

You calling all these games high quality before their actual release?

adisababa said:

Xbox, unless their exclusives garner great reviews i.e. Crackdown 3, state of decay 2 and sea of thieves (doubt it), I really don't see it getting through 2018 spelling an early death for the console this gen. Ashen, Ori and the Last Night do look cool but they are indie games not capable of pushing Xbox forward. Halo 6 will obviously be announced next year probably slowing down its downfall. Xbox is in danger for sure next year, it doesn't have any of its flagship titles supporting it next year, 2015 had Halo 5, 2016 had Gears 4 and Horizon 3, 2017 will probably have PUBG, but next year it's a mere gamble.

It's getting most of the games the PS4 is getting so it has that going for it. And you listed three exclusives for XBox, the same number you listed for the PS4.

I feel Microsoft just gotta get the marketing right and it could have a good year.

What I mean is that Anthem is an extremely high profile looking game, did you see the graphics on anthem? the map? the traversal capabilities? it looks fricking amazing and I don't think any game has done that, at least not in an open world shared multiplayer experience... for all I know it could be littered with loot boxes and terrible business decisions, but as a game, looking at just its gameplay and graphics (yes I love good graphics), it looks like the future. I know destiny 1 felt like the future at one point but Anthem feels like the future to me and I'm sure to a few other people too. 

As for RDR2, if the first game was any indicator, the story will probably be amazing, the graphics look amazing and the story though wow, RDR1 was just wow. The game has a lot of hype.

For the rest of the games, Cod and Battlefield will remain to be console sellers. KH3 has insurmountable hype surrounding it. 

For Microsoft, comparing their exclusives to PS4's, it doesn't look good. I mean

Crackdown 3 vs. God of War? (really?)

State of Decay 2 vs Last of Us 2? (we know which is better)

Sea of Thieves vs Spiderman? (ooohh no contest)

We know which one looks cooler from the gameplay and trailers alone, so no contest at all. Halo 6 is all the Xbox has to revive itself right now. 

In my opinion, RDR2, Anthem and God of War alone will be overwhelming presences in gaming 2018 and I don't think the switch can compete with that, to truly reach a larger audience it needs shooters and western publishers to support it and it doesn't have that sort of support.