By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

peachbuggy said:
I guess we will see what Switch has in store in the January direct. I'd have personally preferred to have seen a December direct so we have more of an idea but i guess it's a possibility.

Well the January Direct doesn't exclude the possibility of a December Direct, though arguably the chances are slim for having both so close to each other.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
adisababa said:
this end of year looks like the fight is heating up, all consoles are holding up well. that's good, competition is good even though next year will arguably be the best time to have the Xbox One X seeing that rdr2 and anthem are coming out or the pro with God of War and Spiderman it's good to see that the switch is doing good too, even though it arguably has the weakest lineup of next year, at least in my opinion. not as high profile as rdr2, God of War, Anthem, Spiderman...

In regards to sales, it will be the Xbox that will have the toughest time next year. An iterative console won't change that. RDR2 and Anthem will sell boatloads more on PS4 (and the former will help spike PS4 console sales for the week), God of War and Spider-Man will likely push some systems, and the Switch will continue to be a hit. 

For Xbox to make any kind of headway at this point, they need system sellers. Multiplatform games, on their own, aren't going to cut it.

Totally agree, these mid gen consoles won't change the course of history. Next year is another amazing Sony year, in fact I would say its the strongest yet (and this year has been pretty amazing).

MS need to not do this for one year but multiple years. Their 2018 outlook looks poor right now.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Not sure Anthem has any excitement at this point. I'm just picturing Destiny, with all loot unlocked by lootboxes or lootcards. I'm almost resigned to never buying an EA game again at this moment. It all seemed so different a couple of years ago, when they showed off a couple some nice new ideas, a few old favourites were made and they got the star wars license. Now they have become an embodiment of corporate greed and the worst aspects gaming can offer.

CGI-Quality said:
adisababa said:
this end of year looks like the fight is heating up, all consoles are holding up well. that's good, competition is good even though next year will arguably be the best time to have the Xbox One X seeing that rdr2 and anthem are coming out or the pro with God of War and Spiderman it's good to see that the switch is doing good too, even though it arguably has the weakest lineup of next year, at least in my opinion. not as high profile as rdr2, God of War, Anthem, Spiderman...

In regards to sales, it will be the Xbox that will have the toughest time next year. An iterative console won't change that. RDR2 and Anthem will sell boatloads more on PS4 (and the former will help spike PS4 console sales for the week), God of War and Spider-Man will likely push some systems, and the Switch will continue to be a hit. 

For Xbox to make any kind of headway at this point, they need system sellers. Multiplatform games, on their own, aren't going to cut it.

We do not care about your opinion because you don't want any DBZ gifs.

NS is the new PS4.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
WebMasterFlex said:

We do not care about your opinion because you don't want any DBZ gifs.

Besides the fact that I could really have fun with this, at your expense, who is "we"? ;)

The whole board. Everybody love Gohan and DBZ. Hater...

Next year is going to be dominated by the PS4, it has exclusives coming up that even the most uninitiated of people would know like god of war, possibly last of us 2 and Spiderman (in my opinion one of the weaker looking exclusives).

The Switch really hasn't shown anything hype-worthy for 2018 (it really gave its all this year). Moreover with juggernauts coming out like RDR2, Anthem, COD 2018 (yes every single COD hypes me up, fight me), Battlefield 2018, Metro Exodus, Monster Hunter World, KH3 and possible a watchdogs 3/Division 2 (Ubisoft's need to annualise IP) I really don't think switch stands a chance against a lineup as impressive, as next-gen feeling and as true high quality than these games.

Xbox, unless their exclusives garner great reviews i.e. Crackdown 3, state of decay 2 and sea of thieves (doubt it), I really don't see it getting through 2018 spelling an early death for the console this gen. Ashen, Ori and the Last Night do look cool but they are indie games not capable of pushing Xbox forward. Halo 6 will obviously be announced next year probably slowing down its downfall. Xbox is in danger for sure next year, it doesn't have any of its flagship titles supporting it next year, 2015 had Halo 5, 2016 had Gears 4 and Horizon 3, 2017 will probably have PUBG, but next year it's a mere gamble.

adisababa said:

Next year is going to be dominated by the PS4, it has exclusives coming up that even the most uninitiated of people would know like god of war, possibly last of us 2 and Spiderman (in my opinion one of the weaker looking exclusives).

The Switch really hasn't shown anything hype-worthy for 2018 (it really gave its all this year). Moreover with juggernauts coming out like RDR2, Anthem, COD 2018 (yes every single COD hypes me up, fight me), Battlefield 2018, Metro Exodus, Monster Hunter World, KH3 and possible a watchdogs 3/Division 2 (Ubisoft's need to annualise IP) I really don't think switch stands a chance against a lineup as impressive, as next-gen feeling and as true high quality than these games.

Xbox, unless their exclusives garner great reviews i.e. Crackdown 3, state of decay 2 and sea of thieves (doubt it), I really don't see it getting through 2018 spelling an early death for the console this gen. Ashen, Ori and the Last Night do look cool but they are indie games not capable of pushing Xbox forward. Halo 6 will obviously be announced next year probably slowing down its downfall. Xbox is in danger for sure next year, it doesn't have any of its flagship titles supporting it next year, 2015 had Halo 5, 2016 had Gears 4 and Horizon 3, 2017 will probably have PUBG, but next year it's a mere gamble.

PUBG is the one unknown, it could blow up and carry Xbox for the next few years like Minecraft once did. But it also depends on how long they have it as exclusive.

adisababa said: 

You do realize Nintendo hasnt shown most of their 1st/2nd party games for next year yet, right?

At this time last year the only 1st party Switch game we knew about was Zelda.

1 2 Switch

Mario Kart Deluxe

ARMS

Splatoon 2

Mario Rabbids

Pokken DX

Fire Emblem Warriors

Mario Galaxy

Xenoblade 2

These games were all revealed and released this year so no reason not to believe we will get a bunch of unknown 1st/2nd party titles next year.

Obviously the games you listed like Red Dead, Anthem, COD, etc. will sell great on PS4 and move hardware but they wont negatively affect Switch in any way. PS4 had Ghost Recon, Mass Effect, For Honor, Resident Evil, Destiny, COD, AC Origins, Battlefront, Wolfenstein, Evil Within, FIFA, Madden, NBA, etc. this year and it didnt stop Switch from doing very well.

You're making up nonsense reasons why Switch won't do well next year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Playstation_awaiter said:
adisababa said:

PUBG is the one unknown, it could blow up and carry Xbox for the next few years like Minecraft once did. But it also depends on how long they have it as exclusive.

No troll but I didnt notice boost sales about Xbox One like ever...