By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Hella Xbox hate in here 😂. I feel there 2018 doesn't look bad. State of decay 2, crackdown 3, sea of theives, forza horizon 4, possibly halo 6(every main halo game has 3 yr dev cycle but could be delayed). Obviously these need to be good. For indies ashen(limited exclusive I believe), last night and ori 2. Dayz devs say Xbox version in 2018. Hopefully 1-2 more unknown things to be announced.

In addition to this pubg releases later this month and it will help a bit going into next year. Anthem and rdr2 will look best on Xbox one x. With anthem since Xbox has marketing they will preach that but not sure if they will be able to communicate that with rdr2 since Sony has marketing.

Anyway I'm not trying to get into a list war with anyone over Sony's games. I already know they got great stuff coming. I'm just saying 2018 has the potential to be the best year for Xbox in a while.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

5 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#04 NS Neon (same)
#12 NS Grey (up 2)
#20 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#26 XB1 (down 4)
#35 SNES Classic (same)
#38 XB1X (up 7)
#48 PS4 Star Wars (down 4)
#49 N2DSXL T+B (down 1)
#63 XB1 Battlefield (down 12)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#18 XB1 PUBG (re-entry)
#94 PS4 HZD: Complete Edition (new)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5

adisababa said:

Next year is going to be dominated by the PS4, it has exclusives coming up that even the most uninitiated of people would know like god of war, possibly last of us 2 and Spiderman (in my opinion one of the weaker looking exclusives).

Wii never got a large number of juggernauts its contemporaries got yet still managed to sell a great deal of units.

adisababa said:

The Switch really hasn't shown anything hype-worthy for 2018 (it really gave its all this year). Moreover with juggernauts coming out like RDR2, Anthem, COD 2018 (yes every single COD hypes me up, fight me), Battlefield 2018, Metro Exodus, Monster Hunter World, KH3 and possible a watchdogs 3/Division 2 (Ubisoft's need to annualise IP) I really don't think switch stands a chance against a lineup as impressive, as next-gen feeling and as true high quality than these games.

You calling all these games high quality before their actual release?

adisababa said:

Xbox, unless their exclusives garner great reviews i.e. Crackdown 3, state of decay 2 and sea of thieves (doubt it), I really don't see it getting through 2018 spelling an early death for the console this gen. Ashen, Ori and the Last Night do look cool but they are indie games not capable of pushing Xbox forward. Halo 6 will obviously be announced next year probably slowing down its downfall. Xbox is in danger for sure next year, it doesn't have any of its flagship titles supporting it next year, 2015 had Halo 5, 2016 had Gears 4 and Horizon 3, 2017 will probably have PUBG, but next year it's a mere gamble.

It's getting most of the games the PS4 is getting so it has that going for it. And you listed three exclusives for XBox, the same number you listed for the PS4.

I feel Microsoft just gotta get the marketing right and it could have a good year.

KLAMarine said:

And you listed three multiplatform for XBox

Fixed.

adisababa said:

Next year is going to be dominated by the PS4, it has exclusives coming up that even the most uninitiated of people would know like god of war, possibly last of us 2 and Spiderman (in my opinion one of the weaker looking exclusives).

The Switch really hasn't shown anything hype-worthy for 2018 (it really gave its all this year). Moreover with juggernauts coming out like RDR2, Anthem, COD 2018 (yes every single COD hypes me up, fight me), Battlefield 2018, Metro Exodus, Monster Hunter World, KH3 and possible a watchdogs 3/Division 2 (Ubisoft's need to annualise IP) I really don't think switch stands a chance against a lineup as impressive, as next-gen feeling and as true high quality than these games.

Xbox, unless their exclusives garner great reviews i.e. Crackdown 3, state of decay 2 and sea of thieves (doubt it), I really don't see it getting through 2018 spelling an early death for the console this gen. Ashen, Ori and the Last Night do look cool but they are indie games not capable of pushing Xbox forward. Halo 6 will obviously be announced next year probably slowing down its downfall. Xbox is in danger for sure next year, it doesn't have any of its flagship titles supporting it next year, 2015 had Halo 5, 2016 had Gears 4 and Horizon 3, 2017 will probably have PUBG, but next year it's a mere gamble.

The Switch's 2018 lineup has not been announced yet. Nintendo focused this E3 on 2017. Switch's 2018 line up will become more evident in January when Nintendo will most likely do their Nintendo Direct and get even clearer at E3 2018, and Nintendo had plenty of aces to pull (2D Mario, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, 2D Zelda, Virtual Console, etc.). Also, the PS4 got a bunch of great games this year and it did not really impact the Switch. Part of this is because the Switch's portability makes it a great companion to the PS4 and XONE, so people who have those systems may very well also pick up the Switch for its portability and because it has a great library.

Also, honestly the Switch feels plenty next-gen particularly when you consider the level of graphics it pushes as a portable system, moreover, Nintendo's first-party games, at least IMHO, have felt far more higher quality than a great deal of the Triple AAA stuff brought out by EA, Activision, and Ubisoft (and honestly I do not expect COD 2018 and Battlefield 2018 to change that, since it seems to be a QA issue with those companies).

Don't get me wrong, I am sure PS4 will have an amazing year. It has a fantastic line up. However, the Switch should be more than able to hold its own and do amazingly well (provided, of course, the content doesn't suddenly stop flowing, and Nintendo is willing to reduce the price should momentum decrease; imo price is the biggest threat to Switch right now).

Around the Network
WebMasterFlex said:
KLAMarine said:

And you listed three multiplatform for XBox

Fixed.

Right, they go to PC as well. Gonna guess Microsoft sees it as a gain either way.

KLAMarine said:
WebMasterFlex said:

Fixed.

Right, they go to PC as well. Gonna guess Microsoft sees it as a gain either way.

Switch is killing it.

#20 PS4 ($283)
#26 XB1 ($199)

I'm surprised to see PS4 outselling XB1 in the US despite being $84 more expensive (considering how great the XB1 did at $189).

Cannot wait to see this holiday's NPD and worldwide numbers. I hope all 3 do great.

The XbonX seems to be on the rise again. Seems to be a big influencer push out there lately on the Youtubes and what not. MS trying to keep the fires lit under this system the best they can before the holiday's up.

WebMasterFlex said:
KLAMarine said:

LOL. It was rather a quick switch there. 

The PS5 Exists.