By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
CartBlanche said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

My update is that I'm still in a very peculiar and odd sort of spot that's quite fluid. I feel that between the added wisdom that naturally comes from my aging (now well into my 30s), and the increasingly hostile and extremism of the modern left, that I'm being pushed farther to the right these days. Hell even my very liberal mother and sister shout at me or treat me like a criminal sometimes just for expressing some slightly rightwing, libertarian, or centrist views. When things like this happen, alarm bells go off inside me and I naturally rebel against it. I don't like being told what to do. In fact I DESPISE it. And basically everyone I know who expresses political views has attempted to either pressure and/or shame me into attoning for my sins, straying from the evil of Trump and voting for the anointed one Hillary Clinton. Let me just say, whether it's religion, politics, or just generally in life - I DON'T take kindly to shaming. If you try and shame me to do something, I'll probably do the exact opposite. Call it rebellious, Libertarian, Anarchist, whatever - it's just the way I'm wired.

So let me get this straight....So when presented with facts that contradict your perception of what is happening around you, rather than find a multiple of varying credible sources to prove these other people's so called facts right or wrong, your natural reaction is to revert back to being a teenager, at the age of 30+. Is this how you behave in the work force too? Have you managed to hold down a steady job? I'm guessing not because in your own words you don't like being told what to do. Do you run your own business then?? How's that working out? Do you also embrace empoyees who are like you and don't like being told what to do?? 

Nope. When presented with FACTS backed with sources I tend to listen to those facts. I don't just go against the grain for the sake of doing it.

It's not "being a teenager", it's being independent and using critical thinking, a lost art these days, with many being spoon fed propaganda within the MSM. I just don't blindly believe everything I'm told.

Seriously? Of course that's not how I behave in the work force.. That's like my saying  - do you attempt to discredit and belittle everyone who thinks differently in YOUR place of work?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
DarthMetalliCube said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

Would you consider yourself more of a classical liberal or in between?

I only ask because this is a trend I see more with the modern day left and current/former democrats. I grew up in a heavily conservative family, so naturally I started moving a bit to the left. The problem is that while I was starting to study up more on the left, the Democrats started to acknowledge the far left (I wouldn't say embrace them because to be quite frank they could never do that if they wanted moderates like me). The issue I found from this point was that their main focus started being confirmation bias rather than actual solutions to problems. You see this with the current child separation policy. There are more people defending their lack of action when in reality they should cross the party lines and work with the party who stated they wanted to fix the issue the democrats were complaining about. The fact that democrats continue to do nothing on said issue only shows me that their only solution is to let all illegals in to get more votes.

As for Trump being authoritarian, I wont argue he made some bad statements about general policy and has said some nasty media. However, looking at companies like CNN, they claim to be more legitimate then an encyclopedia, but then give off E News quality content. It's gotten so bad to the point where I would be fine with labelling fake news as fake news, mostly because it has become such a big problem.

Mainstream media has definitely gotten "tabloid-esque", click baity, and heavily reliant and sensationalism for ratings, which I part of the reason I no longer trust them.

The Dems come across as saying one thing but doing another to me. They act like they care about the downtrodden yet protect and are backed by major corporate interests. Really they're little different than Republicans, only difference being they act like they actually care about the common person. In terms of global politics they're actually probably center-right, yet they act like virtuous hardcore left-wingers. And they've essentially all but abandoned the middle class at this point, which they don't even try to hide. This really took form during the era of the "Clinton Democrats," who tried to look cool and more moderate/right wing, in order to nab some of the many Regan voters in the early 90's.

I guess you could say I'm somewhat Classical Liberal in that I'm absolutely for equality of opportunity, in addition to freedom of speech, civil rights, and liberty of the individual. I have my reservations about unregulated corporatism though unlike some seemingly that call themselves "classical liberal" and live and die by the ideals of the free market though. "Classical Liberal" at least in terms of American politics sort of implies traditional Conservative which I don't quite see myself as, so I guess I'd just say I'm just generally liberal/Libertarian without adhering to what's considered modern day "progressive" which in many ways is actually quite REgressive in my view..

Fair enough. I understand what you're getting at completely. I myself am a more right leaning libertarian due to my stances on abortion. I only chuckle to this hysteria about the border because these are the same people who defend said abortion, which to me seems out of touch with their beliefs.

To be honest though, ever since Sandy Hook I haven't taken the media seriously. They made a tragedy an agenda driver, which was and is still repulsive to me. I wont say that some reform doesn't need to be made, because there is a bit of reform that I would be fine with outlawing such as modifying weapons. But to use those kids as a tool of promoting their agenda instead of immediate morning and discussion a week afterwards was god awful, and they are still doing it to this day. This may be drastic and I apologize if saying anything repulsive, but this was the point where my mind was made.

I only question how many free thinkers are really left.

VGPolyglot said:
Dulfite said:
Sigh... I don't vote for who I like more, I vote for who is more likely to accomplish the things I want. My single biggest concern in politics is outlawing abortions, because it is the murder of a human who has no say in the matter. And yes, I am also supportive of fixing our adoption situation so that the many people who want to adopt, but can't pay all the legal fees garbage, no longer have to do that. It is ridiculous that loving people can't adopt because of all the lawyer and court fees and whatnot.

Does Donald Trump's have a terrible personality? Yes. Does he reflect Christ or give any indication that he is a Christian by his actions and words? No. Did he follow through on appointing a justice that is against abortion? Yes. This is the single greatest thing that matters to me in modern politics. Everyone has that one issue that they care about more than anything. I'd be willing to live in a country that killed our 2nd amendment rights if it meant making abortions illegal. Between a anti abortion Democrat and a pro abortion Republican, I'd vote for the Democrat, and I'm generally conservative on things.

If I voted for someone on personality then Obama and George W. bush and Jimmy Carter would have been my votes in recent elections. Bill and Donald are just unpleasant individuals, but I don't vote based on age, gender, race, or personality. I vote based on how they feel about abortion. People may not like that, but that's my view.

And how does that work with Donald Trump supporting torturing of captured individuals, the death penalty, etc.? How can you say you're pro-life and then simultaneously be fine with a president endorsing capital punishment and torturing individuals? Of course, not even considering the societal reasons for abortion, what about the health reasons? If a woman's life is at risk and abortion would be necessary to save her life, would you still oppose it? Because the fetus would still perish either way. Now, considering societal reasons, we have rape victims who shouldn't be forced to endure 9 months of difficulty for something that they were forced into having, the list goes on and on.

Sorry, was on vacation and just now replying! I absolutely am against torture. Sadly, it looks like every modern President has had torture in some shape allowed, so that really isn't a Democrat/Republican divide. Capital punishment is also something that has been done under both parties, regardless of what they'd like you to believe. That being said, I could never personally execute someone (let alone murder) and I am morally opposed to that.

Regarding the health of the woman, I am sympathetic and obviously, everything needs to be made available to them, but not at the risk of killing an innocent life that had no choice in any of the woman's actions. People have sex and the consequence of that, often, is being pregnant. You have to know that going into that, whether you're on bc or using contraception, etc. If that woman's life was at risk, I am still against it. If the baby is already dead that is different, but if the baby has a chance to live then why is that more valuable than an adult's chance to live? Both should be given that opportunity as much as possible. And I know that by saying this many will be in an uproar, but again I am standing by my belief that all life, including unborn babies and the elderly and the poor and anyone and everyone, is a precious thing. If the baby is guaranteed to die regardless? I would probably trust the doctor's recommendation in that. But if there was even a small chance of the baby surviving, I would obviously not support abortion.

Regarding rape, again I am sympathetic, and obviously there should be funds to help those women and adoption options, and the men should be held responsible, but again, is it the baby's fault she was raped? Abortion punishes the baby for the actions of a lunatic man and that is wrong. That baby is innocent of that horrible sin that was committed on that woman and shouldn't be punished for it. But if the women can't afford the baby or doesn't want it, then that is where I said we need to fix our adoption situation to allow those to happen more easily and behind less red tape.

Harley-Davidson is moveing alot of its production out of the USA now.
As a responce to trump tariffs, and their effect on Harley-Davidson.

I could see alot of other companies following suit, if these tariffs heavily effect them.

Dulfite said:
VGPolyglot said:

And how does that work with Donald Trump supporting torturing of captured individuals, the death penalty, etc.? How can you say you're pro-life and then simultaneously be fine with a president endorsing capital punishment and torturing individuals? Of course, not even considering the societal reasons for abortion, what about the health reasons? If a woman's life is at risk and abortion would be necessary to save her life, would you still oppose it? Because the fetus would still perish either way. Now, considering societal reasons, we have rape victims who shouldn't be forced to endure 9 months of difficulty for something that they were forced into having, the list goes on and on.

Sorry, was on vacation and just now replying! I absolutely am against torture. Sadly, it looks like every modern President has had torture in some shape allowed, so that really isn't a Democrat/Republican divide. Capital punishment is also something that has been done under both parties, regardless of what they'd like you to believe. That being said, I could never personally execute someone (let alone murder) and I am morally opposed to that.

Regarding the health of the woman, I am sympathetic and obviously, everything needs to be made available to them, but not at the risk of killing an innocent life that had no choice in any of the woman's actions. People have sex and the consequence of that, often, is being pregnant. You have to know that going into that, whether you're on bc or using contraception, etc. If that woman's life was at risk, I am still against it. If the baby is already dead that is different, but if the baby has a chance to live then why is that more valuable than an adult's chance to live? Both should be given that opportunity as much as possible. And I know that by saying this many will be in an uproar, but again I am standing by my belief that all life, including unborn babies and the elderly and the poor and anyone and everyone, is a precious thing. If the baby is guaranteed to die regardless? I would probably trust the doctor's recommendation in that. But if there was even a small chance of the baby surviving, I would obviously not support abortion.

Regarding rape, again I am sympathetic, and obviously there should be funds to help those women and adoption options, and the men should be held responsible, but again, is it the baby's fault she was raped? Abortion punishes the baby for the actions of a lunatic man and that is wrong. That baby is innocent of that horrible sin that was committed on that woman and shouldn't be punished for it. But if the women can't afford the baby or doesn't want it, then that is where I said we need to fix our adoption situation to allow those to happen more easily and behind less red tape.

I'm sorry, but I think it's absolutely horrible to force a woman to carry a child (from rape) and have the baby even put the woman at risk. If you love life, love the life that is already there.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Here's what makes us on the left shake our head. Those in the middle to middle-right seem to be more angry at us calling the right names than at the actual vile acts being portrayed by the right. It goes like this:

Right: *Violates human rights*
Left: "Look at these assholes violating human rights."
Middle: "Hey, if you're going to keep calling them assholes, then I'm going to side with the human rights violators."
Left: "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Wash. Rinse, Repeat every month.

I am a radical centrist far removed from either worthless party and I don’t criticize the left for their words. Their actions are just as atrocious if not worse because they are hiding behind fake compassion. I see things like these mobs going to peoples houses to harass them just because they are associated with a president they have an irrational, seething hatred for. That’s the left that needs to go rot in a hole. I have no problem with reasonable lefties, old school lefties. The new left doesn’t stand for human rights, almost all of their policies lead to misery. The old left had solutions (bad solutions but solutions nonetheless). The new left doesn’t nothing but hate people. They rally, riot and trash people. What does the left stand for today besides hating Trump? That’s all they do. 

At this point the more these idiot journailsts and activists throw nazi and Hitler accusations towards him and the current administration the more i like him

melbye said:
At this point the more these idiot journailsts and activists throw nazi and Hitler accusations towards him and the current administration the more i like him

Or take the democratic who just recently told everyone to continue to harass anyone affiliated with Trump. To harass them and get them kicked out of every restaurant, ect. like they did for Sanders and a few others recently.

“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,” Democratic Rep Maxine Waters said, later telling MSNBC that protesters are “going to absolutely harass them.” 

I mean clearly that is going to win people over to your side. It feels like it's going to be a repeat of 2016 election again. People will be so scared to even admit they are going to vote for anyone remotely related to Trump, that the polls will be off again.

Dulfite said: 

Firstly an unborn child is not sentient. It may have nerve endings, but it has no concept what so ever of life, either its own or the one that is giving birth to it. It knows absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, nada!! As such you cannot equate its existence to that of a woman who knows that she is bringing an unwanted child into the world. A wanted child is more useful to society than an unwanted child. This is the first hurdles of many!

You value quantity over quality of life. Who the hell wants to live if that life is going to be shitty? I'd rather have a short life that is spectacular and interesting than a live to be 200 and be bored shitless for 190 years of it. What sort of logic puts quantity of life over quality?? If you agree that quality is paramount, then YOU should offer up your own home to unwanted babies from rape victims. Stand by your convictions with actions, not empty words! When you are capable of doing that, rather than telling a fully sentient woman what she can and can't do with her own body, then let's see how you feel about it. You are punishing the woman for the actions of the lunatic man. Why aren't her rights important, she is here amongst us. She lives, breathes, knows right this instant. The unborn child doesn't even know it exists. This is the double standard Pro-Life have. They aren't pro-life at all.

Bit of a bell end