By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
DarthMetalliCube said:
CartBlanche said:

So let me get this straight....So when presented with facts that contradict your perception of what is happening around you, rather than find a multiple of varying credible sources to prove these other people's so called facts right or wrong, your natural reaction is to revert back to being a teenager, at the age of 30+. Is this how you behave in the work force too? Have you managed to hold down a steady job? I'm guessing not because in your own words you don't like being told what to do. Do you run your own business then?? How's that working out? Do you also embrace empoyees who are like you and don't like being told what to do?? 

Nope. When presented with FACTS backed with sources I tend to listen to those facts. I don't just go against the grain for the sake of doing it.

It's not "being a teenager", it's being independent and using critical thinking, a lost art these days, with many being spoon fed propaganda within the MSM. I just don't blindly believe everything I'm told.

That isn't isn't what you said originally, you said you DO go against it just because you are being told what to do. Let me quote YOU again...

DarthMetalliCube said: 
Hell even my very liberal mother and sister shout at me or treat me like a criminal sometimes just for expressing some slightly rightwing, libertarian, or centrist views. When things like this happen, alarm bells go off inside me and I naturally REBEL AGAINST it. I don't like being told what to do. In fact I DESPISE it.
Call it rebellious, Libertarian, Anarchist, whatever - it's just the way I'm wired.

Which as I pointed out is exactly what you, me and everyone does when we are teenagers. I didn't write the above YOU did, using your own words and your own thought processes. Maybe you need to realise you haven't quite grown up yet and own it. It OK to do so.

So regarding this...

DarthMetalliCube said: 
Seriously? Of course that's not how I behave in the work force.. That's like my saying  - do you attempt to discredit and belittle everyone who thinks differently in YOUR place of work?

So let me re-quote YOU again...

DarthMetalliCube said: 
I don't like being told what to do. In fact I DESPISE it.

So I took that to mean that this applies in your WHOLE life not just against your mother and sister or on internet forums. So you've now clarified that if someone in power, say like your boss, tells you what to do, or tells you to think a particular way, you will happily follow that without questioning it. While someone who has no power over you, say like your mother and sister, then you are quite rebellious and won't listen to them. Or maybe it has nothing to do with power and just if someone pays you money, that you'll go along with them?? 

I'm just trying to understand why this double standard exists? You did say you are an "anarchist" and its "just the way I'm wired", but your actions of having one behaviour for your mother and sister (whom I'm sure love you), compared to total strangers who pay you or are your boss, suggests that you aren't actually wired that way at all. Being "Wired" means there is no possibility of change. I'm not seeing consistency here. What am I missing??

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
massimus said:

I am a radical centrist far removed from either worthless party and I don’t criticize the left for their words. Their actions are just as atrocious if not worse because they are hiding behind fake compassion. 1) I see things like these mobs going to peoples houses to harass them just because they are associated with a president they have an 2) irrational, seething hatred for. That’s the left that needs to go rot in a hole. I have no problem with reasonable lefties, old school lefties. The new left doesn’t stand for human rights, 3) almost all of their policies lead to misery. The old left had solutions (bad solutions but solutions nonetheless). The new left doesn’t nothing but hate people. They rally, riot and trash people. What does the left stand for today besides hating Trump? That’s all they do. 

1) Are you proclaiming the actions of a very few are indicative of the whole? Or can you produce evidence of this being common or a stated policy on the left?

2) You and I have a different understanding of irrational. You are asserting a reason for their hatred for Trump does not exist. I can assure it you it does.

3) Elaborate which policies you refer to. 

4) You seem to be alluding to AntiFa.  Again....see point 1).

No I'm saying we are the few when it comes to representation in our republic. The vast majority of us are centrists and we are getting hit from all angles. There are no oldie left democrats in congress or the judicial branch besides maybe Kennedy. The leftists in the SCOTUS and houses are hardliners and vote in unison against our constitution much of the time. They are judicial and congressional activists, they nullify law, "social justice in the name of compassion". They are not responsible for the misery that follows with stupid policy because their intentions were good. If the left was all talk then they wouldn't bother me, when they put their stupid into practice it does though. Free college, healthcare and everyone gets a federal job with great salary and retirement! What a dream boat, Bernie the Red lol. I lean right on economics and there was a time when both parties respected the centrist market. Those days are long gone. There is no representation for the blue collar democrat or the limited government, low tax republican in Washington right now. Taxation without representation.,

No, the hatred itself is irrational. I didn't like Bush or Obama but I didn't hate them. Obama talked straight shit to me and I still didn't hate him. I think their spending has put us on the brink of collapse financially. That's rational hatred of policy but I still don't hate them as people. That level of emotion is irrational. What has he actually done policy wise that could make you feel that way? Do you just hate him as a person that much? And it's not just a few random people either, it's become a game to see who hates Trump more. With celebrity endorsements and battle lines drawn in the middle of dinner. That's all good but what are your solutions? What is your platform besides I hate Trump more than you do? Maybe it's just my fault for trying to look at it rationally.

The vast majority of americans are centrists at heart, they couldn't give a crap about any of this and that's another problem lol. Apathy is no joke either, it can lead to seriously bad decisions. The newer generation not so much, they are much more involved. They are fighting for "human rights" by campaigning against Sony for Fortnite crossplay. They learned that you can get what you want if you cry hard enough. It's politicians like Maxine Waters encouraging this harassment and she is the face of the Democrat party lol. It's not some random thug in a mask, I'm talking about politicians and policy not a lefty in a forum You seem alright to me. Do you have a favorite leftist governor or congressman that is making moves and doing good things? I'm just curious to see which of your favorite leftist policies are working. I know who you hate lol, who do you like?

Yes, look at what democrat policies have done to black communities across the states in the last 60 years. Everything from welfare killing the family to Affirmation action killing the economy and education in these communities. Every black ghetto has been run by a democrat the last 60 years and now 80% of black kids do not live with their father,  the evidence is undeniable. Uncle Sam has replaced the father and you have to keep voting for this misery because they are the compassionate ones. That's what I mean by fake compassion, it's either predictably ignorant or sadistically evil.  When the left is helping black communities fight  systemic racism while at the same time being the cause of their systemic oppression, that's what makes me think the modern left are pieces of shit, liars and scumbags. Not you but just the general practice of leftists in the government. I wouldn't judge the left by Antifa just like I wouldn't judge the right by the tiki squad. Neither of them are in real politics. Just a few blowhards like Waters trying to rile them up.

Last edited by massimus - on 25 June 2018

OTBWY said:
Dulfite said:

Sorry, was on vacation and just now replying! I absolutely am against torture. Sadly, it looks like every modern President has had torture in some shape allowed, so that really isn't a Democrat/Republican divide. Capital punishment is also something that has been done under both parties, regardless of what they'd like you to believe. That being said, I could never personally execute someone (let alone murder) and I am morally opposed to that.

Regarding the health of the woman, I am sympathetic and obviously, everything needs to be made available to them, but not at the risk of killing an innocent life that had no choice in any of the woman's actions. People have sex and the consequence of that, often, is being pregnant. You have to know that going into that, whether you're on bc or using contraception, etc. If that woman's life was at risk, I am still against it. If the baby is already dead that is different, but if the baby has a chance to live then why is that more valuable than an adult's chance to live? Both should be given that opportunity as much as possible. And I know that by saying this many will be in an uproar, but again I am standing by my belief that all life, including unborn babies and the elderly and the poor and anyone and everyone, is a precious thing. If the baby is guaranteed to die regardless? I would probably trust the doctor's recommendation in that. But if there was even a small chance of the baby surviving, I would obviously not support abortion.

Regarding rape, again I am sympathetic, and obviously there should be funds to help those women and adoption options, and the men should be held responsible, but again, is it the baby's fault she was raped? Abortion punishes the baby for the actions of a lunatic man and that is wrong. That baby is innocent of that horrible sin that was committed on that woman and shouldn't be punished for it. But if the women can't afford the baby or doesn't want it, then that is where I said we need to fix our adoption situation to allow those to happen more easily and behind less red tape.

I'm sorry, but I think it's absolutely horrible to force a woman to carry a child (from rape) and have the baby even put the woman at risk. If you love life, love the life that is already there.

You can believe that. You have that right. But I have a right to think too and I believe, while it is horrible for that woman to go through that, it is a greater horror to intentionally murder someone for the chance of preventing another's death. No human life is more valuable than another's.

CartBlanche said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

Nope. When presented with FACTS backed with sources I tend to listen to those facts. I don't just go against the grain for the sake of doing it.

It's not "being a teenager", it's being independent and using critical thinking, a lost art these days, with many being spoon fed propaganda within the MSM. I just don't blindly believe everything I'm told.

That isn't isn't what you said originally, you said you DO go against it just because you are being told what to do. Let me quote YOU again...

DarthMetalliCube said: 
Hell even my very liberal mother and sister shout at me or treat me like a criminal sometimes just for expressing some slightly rightwing, libertarian, or centrist views. When things like this happen, alarm bells go off inside me and I naturally REBEL AGAINST it. I don't like being told what to do. In fact I DESPISE it.
Call it rebellious, Libertarian, Anarchist, whatever - it's just the way I'm wired.

Which as I pointed out is exactly what you, me and everyone does when we are teenagers. I didn't write the above YOU did, using your own words and your own thought processes. Maybe you need to realise you haven't quite grown up yet and own it. It OK to do so.

So regarding this...

DarthMetalliCube said: 
Seriously? Of course that's not how I behave in the work force.. That's like my saying  - do you attempt to discredit and belittle everyone who thinks differently in YOUR place of work?

So let me re-quote YOU again...

DarthMetalliCube said: 
I don't like being told what to do. In fact I DESPISE it.

So I took that to mean that this applies in your WHOLE life not just against your mother and sister or on internet forums. So you've now clarified that if someone in power, say like your boss, tells you what to do, or tells you to think a particular way, you will happily follow that without questioning it. While someone who has no power over you, say like your mother and sister, then you are quite rebellious and won't listen to them. Or maybe it has nothing to do with power and just if someone pays you money, that you'll go along with them?? 

I'm just trying to understand why this double standard exists? You did say you are an "anarchist" and its "just the way I'm wired", but your actions of having one behaviour for your mother and sister (whom I'm sure love you), compared to total strangers who pay you or are your boss, suggests that you aren't actually wired that way at all. Being "Wired" means there is no possibility of change. I'm not seeing consistency here. What am I missing??

You writing a novel about me or something? Lol.

You're going to lecture me about "grown up" when you're having a hissy fit on a forum to some random dude expressing his honest and harmless opinions?

Let me simplify this for you - Obviously I do things I HAVE to do in life so I can make money and not get arrested haha. Doesn't mean I have to like it to do it, nor does it mean I act like a prick (I'm actually probably one of the nicest and friendliest guys you'll meet). But I don't take kindly to people trying to tell me how I should think, act, feel, behave, etc. especially when it's through means of guilt tripping, demonizing, or bullying.

And in terms of the mainstream media, I don't take things at face value from them and try to use critical thinking, especially based on their track record. Doesn't mean I reject everything from them outright.

Satisfied?

Oh wait, I don't care.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Dulfite said:
VGPolyglot said:

And how does that work with Donald Trump supporting torturing of captured individuals, the death penalty, etc.? How can you say you're pro-life and then simultaneously be fine with a president endorsing capital punishment and torturing individuals? Of course, not even considering the societal reasons for abortion, what about the health reasons? If a woman's life is at risk and abortion would be necessary to save her life, would you still oppose it? Because the fetus would still perish either way. Now, considering societal reasons, we have rape victims who shouldn't be forced to endure 9 months of difficulty for something that they were forced into having, the list goes on and on.

Sorry, was on vacation and just now replying! I absolutely am against torture. Sadly, it looks like every modern President has had torture in some shape allowed, so that really isn't a Democrat/Republican divide. Capital punishment is also something that has been done under both parties, regardless of what they'd like you to believe. That being said, I could never personally execute someone (let alone murder) and I am morally opposed to that.

Regarding the health of the woman, I am sympathetic and obviously, everything needs to be made available to them, but not at the risk of killing an innocent life that had no choice in any of the woman's actions. People have sex and the consequence of that, often, is being pregnant. You have to know that going into that, whether you're on bc or using contraception, etc. If that woman's life was at risk, I am still against it. If the baby is already dead that is different, but if the baby has a chance to live then why is that more valuable than an adult's chance to live? Both should be given that opportunity as much as possible. And I know that by saying this many will be in an uproar, but again I am standing by my belief that all life, including unborn babies and the elderly and the poor and anyone and everyone, is a precious thing. If the baby is guaranteed to die regardless? I would probably trust the doctor's recommendation in that. But if there was even a small chance of the baby surviving, I would obviously not support abortion.

Regarding rape, again I am sympathetic, and obviously there should be funds to help those women and adoption options, and the men should be held responsible, but again, is it the baby's fault she was raped? Abortion punishes the baby for the actions of a lunatic man and that is wrong. That baby is innocent of that horrible sin that was committed on that woman and shouldn't be punished for it. But if the women can't afford the baby or doesn't want it, then that is where I said we need to fix our adoption situation to allow those to happen more easily and behind less red tape.

The really interesting thing is that people can be relatively close on certain principles but still see underlying facts so differently that they are nearly on diametrically opposed positions.  My position is that before a certain level of development the fetus is not a "person", which is why it is not wrong to kill it.  Once it is a person (or once there is a reasonable likelihood of personhood) then it is wrong to kill it.  Your position is that personhood begins at conception (unless I'm wrong about that—correct me if I am).  So right there we stand on opposite sides of the abortion issue even though we both agree it's generally wrong to kill a "person". 

Beyond that I'd say that there is more gray area to late-term abortion that you seem to be admitting to.  Like, if the fetus only has a 25% chance to live and a 75% chance that letting it come to term will kill the woman, I would say that the woman has the right to choose to defend her own life against the "attacking" fetus, assuming that there isn't a way to remove the fetus non-lethally.  Please let me know if we actually agree on this too!  But where do we draw the line on the "likelihood of fetus living" vs. "likelihood of woman dying"?  It's murky territory. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I still find it unbelievable that the creation of a 'Space Force' seems to be an idea that is supported by many. While the Outer Space Treaty signed by the UN doesn't specifically bar humans from militarizing space; it should be clear that the idea of wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on a useless branch of a military is illogical. I was cautiously optimistic about Trump's capability to handle monetary issues with some level of competency, but I was clearly mistaken.

melbye said:
At this point the more these idiot journailsts and activists throw nazi and Hitler accusations towards him and the current administration the more i like him

So you do not see any similarities.  Nazi history and Hitler rise in power is very interesting reading.  Have you actually ever read any history books on the subject.

Smartie900 said:
I still find it unbelievable that the creation of a 'Space Force' seems to be an idea that is supported by many. While the Outer Space Treaty signed by the UN doesn't specifically bar humans from militarizing space; it should be clear that the idea of wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on a useless branch of a military is illogical. I was cautiously optimistic about Trump's capability to handle monetary issues with some level of competency, but I was clearly mistaken.

I continue to wonder why anyone believe Trump has any competency with monetary issues.  If anything from his business career, you would think that he isn't really good at handling money.  If no US banks will loan you a dime you have to wonder being 50 billion dollar man (so he claims) why no one will touch him.  Then you have President Trump getting all his money from a Bank that is notorious for money laundering.  I kept hearing people say, "He's a billionaire" as if that showed he had any competency in handling money.  One thing you have to give it to Trump that he learned from his dad, never use your own money.  Unfortunately he has a hard time showing that he can be trusted with anyone else money so why entrust him with all of ours.

Machiavellian said:
melbye said:
At this point the more these idiot journailsts and activists throw nazi and Hitler accusations towards him and the current administration the more i like him

So you do not see any similarities.  Nazi history and Hitler rise in power is very interesting reading.  Have you actually ever read any history books on the subject.

I have and people are finding connections between Nazis and Trump where there are none. To even suggest that what is going on right now with the illegal immigration issue is anything like the Holocaust or concentration-camps is incredibly disgusting

Final-Fan said:
Dulfite said:

The really interesting thing is that people can be relatively close on certain principles but still see underlying facts so differently that they are nearly on diametrically opposed positions.  My position is that before a certain level of development the fetus is not a "person", which is why it is not wrong to kill it.  Once it is a person (or once there is a reasonable likelihood of personhood) then it is wrong to kill it.  Your position is that personhood begins at conception (unless I'm wrong about that—correct me if I am).  So right there we stand on opposite sides of the abortion issue even though we both agree it's generally wrong to kill a "person". 

Beyond that I'd say that there is more gray area to late-term abortion that you seem to be admitting to.  Like, if the fetus only has a 25% chance to live and a 75% chance that letting it come to term will kill the woman, I would say that the woman has the right to choose to defend her own life against the "attacking" fetus, assuming that there isn't a way to remove the fetus non-lethally.  Please let me know if we actually agree on this too!  But where do we draw the line on the "likelihood of fetus living" vs. "likelihood of woman dying"?  It's murky territory. 

I know I'm butting in, but I'm also against abortion. It gets tricky in regards to rape victims, cause even though I would like to say "just give it up for adoption" as many people in the US want to adopt and maybe that would result in adoption not costing a years salary. But I can see the defense of forcing a woman to carry that to term could be tramatizing.

As for everyone else.

1. At conception is a bit lisleading. By the time someone knows they are pregnant they are a bit further along than the day after that you make conception sound like

2. I see a child whether in the womb or in a baby stroller as a life and I just can't murder it. Feels wrong on a personal level. You can't change that thinking, and I'm betting its the same for others.

Smartie900 said:

A military space force is a big win in my book solely because I feel the best inventions/innovations/ect happen due to military funding. Is this space force going to win the space war against a china/Russia space force or against aliens? IDK, can't predict future, but the thought of it makes me laugh as it being ridiculous. But could this space force vastly improve our space tech which could not only improve our life on earth but lead to the advancement of things that put us closer to our beloved scifi fantasy stuff like Star Wars/Trek/ect.  That I hope and do believe it will.

Machiavellian said:
Smartie900 said:

I continue to wonder why anyone believe Trump has any competency with monetary issues.  If anything from his business career, you would think that he isn't really good at handling money.  If no US banks will loan you a dime you have to wonder being 50 billion dollar man (so he claims) why no one will touch him.  Then you have President Trump getting all his money from a Bank that is notorious for money laundering.  I kept hearing people say, "He's a billionaire" as if that showed he had any competency in handling money.  One thing you have to give it to Trump that he learned from his dad, never use your own money.  Unfortunately he has a hard time showing that he can be trusted with anyone else money so why entrust him with all of ours.

You do realize that millionaires go broke quite frequently. It kind of has to do with ones nature/thinking to even become a millionaire. I know some and my dad does too and we both have seen how they can have some sort of a missing empathy towards themselves in a way. Like say they put all their money on some stock and it tanks and they lose all their money. Most people would be wallowing in self pity, drinking, suicidal, ect. It doesn't seem to affect them in that way. It's almost like a game to them. They lost that one, on to the next. Some of the millionaires I know have been dead broke half a dozen times, and each time got back to being a millionaire.

They take risks a normal person wouldn't dare take. Those risks can lead to bankruptcy, failed businesses, ect. The safe way of saving money and getting raises, promotions, ect until you become a millionaire is not how the majority of millionaires came to be. They are the rare ones.