By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
Dulfite said:
Sigh... I don't vote for who I like more, I vote for who is more likely to accomplish the things I want. My single biggest concern in politics is outlawing abortions, because it is the murder of a human who has no say in the matter. And yes, I am also supportive of fixing our adoption situation so that the many people who want to adopt, but can't pay all the legal fees garbage, no longer have to do that. It is ridiculous that loving people can't adopt because of all the lawyer and court fees and whatnot.

Does Donald Trump's have a terrible personality? Yes. Does he reflect Christ or give any indication that he is a Christian by his actions and words? No. Did he follow through on appointing a justice that is against abortion? Yes. This is the single greatest thing that matters to me in modern politics. Everyone has that one issue that they care about more than anything. I'd be willing to live in a country that killed our 2nd amendment rights if it meant making abortions illegal. Between a anti abortion Democrat and a pro abortion Republican, I'd vote for the Democrat, and I'm generally conservative on things.

If I voted for someone on personality then Obama and George W. bush and Jimmy Carter would have been my votes in recent elections. Bill and Donald are just unpleasant individuals, but I don't vote based on age, gender, race, or personality. I vote based on how they feel about abortion. People may not like that, but that's my view.

And how does that work with Donald Trump supporting torturing of captured individuals, the death penalty, etc.? How can you say you're pro-life and then simultaneously be fine with a president endorsing capital punishment and torturing individuals? Of course, not even considering the societal reasons for abortion, what about the health reasons? If a woman's life is at risk and abortion would be necessary to save her life, would you still oppose it? Because the fetus would still perish either way. Now, considering societal reasons, we have rape victims who shouldn't be forced to endure 9 months of difficulty for something that they were forced into having, the list goes on and on.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Machiavellian said:

How exactly can him causing this whole thing be irrelevant.  It was never a Congress issue to begin with until Trump and Session decided to make it their issue.  Do not forget that Trump himself has vetoed Bipartisan bills that hit his desk because it did not give him a wall.  So basically what you are doing is forgetting that Trump also plays a role in the whole process not just Congress.  If he will not play with the Dems, not sure how he expect them to do anything for him when he needs their vote.  As someone who was suppose to be this great negotiator, he has shone that he is nothing of the sort.  If Obama did not get a pass for not getting Congress to help him pass bills and he actually tried crossing the line on both sides, why would anyone give Trump a pass for totally dismissing the Dems then think he can get things done.  Not understanding or being ignorant of how the House and Senate work is not an excuse.  If he cannot get both sides to work then he is just as ineffective as Obama.

The blame falls directly on Trump because he caused it.  It was Trump executive order that made the mess.  It's Trump executive order that could get him out but the damage probably already done.  He played a political risky move and bungled it.  No one but Trump should get himself out of it.  Maybe the next time a Bipartisan bill hits his desk he will think more about actually signing it then going for dumb risk political moves that make his administration look like idiots.

Let me put it in nice lamens terms for you.

I leave work and when leaving I turn off the light in my office, which I share with two other people. Those two people then spend the next 3 hours bitching about me and how its so dark in the office and what an asshole I am. They start blogging and tweeting and facebooking about how I'm such an asshole and how they are forced to work in darkness. (or not as bright a room, cause still windows.)

I mean, they could just get off their chairs and walk 10 feet to the light switch and turn the lights back on if they wanted.

That is why I don't give a flying FUCK about congress pointing fingers at Trump about this issue. And don't say Republicans own congress. Republicans and Democrats both hate trump, they both call him out on shit. They both think that they will win voters by being anti-Trump. Trump is fighting both of them constantly. If they fixed the issue, then they could point at Trump and say "look at what a horrible thing he did, and we FIXED"  But no, they are sitting their on their thumbs feet away from a light switch bitching about Trump. They are just coming off as whiners and people I will ignore. Trump and Sessions did something. They made crossing the border a harsher penalty. Did they know the consequences to that? I don't know. I'm not going to make any assumptions. But they then fixed the consequences of that action.

What did Congress do? NOTHING. Not a damn thing but sit and say Look how horrible Trump is. BTW, don't you love that Time Magazine cover with the little girl crying while looking up at Trump.

Let me put this in laymen turns for you.  You could ask them how all of you can respect each other space and thus no need for all the bitching.  But instead you feel you are right and they feel they are right and you all do nothing to assist the whole team so you are all at fault.  This is how I see it.  I am wondering if you are married because when you share a relationship with another person, being right isn't always right.  

As for Congress pointing fingers at Congress, what you are really saying, when Trump plays politics no matter the consequences, you are ok with it because he is your guy.  When Congress plays politics unless its your party, you probably would be ok with it because that's your party.  Your whole paragraph just totally ignores that Trump caused the problem but because he is your guy, you are willing to give him a pass and find someone else to blame just like Trump does.  

Also Trump is not fighting republicans because if you can find any tweet from Trump where you accuse the republicans of ever doing anything wrong please share it.  What you will find that he has excluded the Democrats from any thing he needed ratified by Congress.  I wonder if you actually have paid any attention to the inner workings going on between the White House and Congress.  For all the major issues he has never reached out to the Dems unless he could not get full support from Republicans.  Even when he did reached out he immediately went back on it and started to blame the Dems what HE cannot get accomplish through his own party.  

At the bold part, this is where you are doing your due diligence.  This is not an assumption by me, this is stated fact from Session himself.  Statements he made right after putting the new policy in place.  This was statements he made months ago before the shit storm started.  Also, you need to read the actual Executive Order from Trump that you claim fixes the problem because it actually does nothing of the sort.  Specific wording of the executive order gives them leyway to continue doing exactly what they are doing since the Zero policy is still in effect.  

What did Trump do but a horrible amoral act, played politics with people children lives no matter if they were illegal or not, then blamed everyone besides himself for actually causing the issue.  Now here you are giving him a pass as if he had no part in this whole thing looking to shift the blame on Congress because Trump would not sign a Bipartisan immigration bill.  You say Congress has done nothing but ignore your guy when he continue to play politics not seeking to fix anything but instead elevate himself.

Machiavellian said:
irstupid said:

Let me put it in nice lamens terms for you.

I leave work and when leaving I turn off the light in my office, which I share with two other people. Those two people then spend the next 3 hours bitching about me and how its so dark in the office and what an asshole I am. They start blogging and tweeting and facebooking about how I'm such an asshole and how they are forced to work in darkness. (or not as bright a room, cause still windows.)

I mean, they could just get off their chairs and walk 10 feet to the light switch and turn the lights back on if they wanted.

That is why I don't give a flying FUCK about congress pointing fingers at Trump about this issue. And don't say Republicans own congress. Republicans and Democrats both hate trump, they both call him out on shit. They both think that they will win voters by being anti-Trump. Trump is fighting both of them constantly. If they fixed the issue, then they could point at Trump and say "look at what a horrible thing he did, and we FIXED"  But no, they are sitting their on their thumbs feet away from a light switch bitching about Trump. They are just coming off as whiners and people I will ignore. Trump and Sessions did something. They made crossing the border a harsher penalty. Did they know the consequences to that? I don't know. I'm not going to make any assumptions. But they then fixed the consequences of that action.

What did Congress do? NOTHING. Not a damn thing but sit and say Look how horrible Trump is. BTW, don't you love that Time Magazine cover with the little girl crying while looking up at Trump.

Let me put this in laymen turns for you.  You could ask them how all of you can respect each other space and thus no need for all the bitching.  But instead you feel you are right and they feel they are right and you all do nothing to assist the whole team so you are all at fault.  This is how I see it.  I am wondering if you are married because when you share a relationship with another person, being right isn't always right.  

As for Congress pointing fingers at Congress, what you are really saying, when Trump plays politics no matter the consequences, you are ok with it because he is your guy.  When Congress plays politics unless its your party, you probably would be ok with it because that's your party.  Your whole paragraph just totally ignores that Trump caused the problem but because he is your guy, you are willing to give him a pass and find someone else to blame just like Trump does.  

Also Trump is not fighting republicans because if you can find any tweet from Trump where you accuse the republicans of ever doing anything wrong please share it.  What you will find that he has excluded the Democrats from any thing he needed ratified by Congress.  I wonder if you actually have paid any attention to the inner workings going on between the White House and Congress.  For all the major issues he has never reached out to the Dems unless he could not get full support from Republicans.  Even when he did reached out he immediately went back on it and started to blame the Dems what HE cannot get accomplish through his own party.  

At the bold part, this is where you are doing your due diligence.  This is not an assumption by me, this is stated fact from Session himself.  Statements he made right after putting the new policy in place.  This was statements he made months ago before the shit storm started.  Also, you need to read the actual Executive Order from Trump that you claim fixes the problem because it actually does nothing of the sort.  Specific wording of the executive order gives them leyway to continue doing exactly what they are doing since the Zero policy is still in effect.  

What did Trump do but a horrible amoral act, played politics with people children lives no matter if they were illegal or not, then blamed everyone besides himself for actually causing the issue.  Now here you are giving him a pass as if he had no part in this whole thing looking to shift the blame on Congress because Trump would not sign a Bipartisan immigration bill.  You say Congress has done nothing but ignore your guy when he continue to play politics not seeking to fix anything but instead elevate himself.

There you go again assuming and changing my stance. I never once said I agreed with Trump on this issue.

My main point is that the hundreds of people who could have done something about this didn't because they wanted to politicize this. They let the story run, they fueled the fire. They let stories run that used pictures from before Trump was in office, they used pictures of children who were not separated, ect. They milked this story for all it was worth to hurt Trump, meanwhile doing nothing to fix the problem when they could have. To me that is more evil than anything Trump did purposefully or not.

The zero policy thing was not made to hostage children and scare away immigrants by saying "We will separate your children" It was made to make all illegal entrants now felons instead of a petty misdemeanor. A harsher penalty was what was supposed to deter illegal immigrants from coming to the US. Other prior laws in regards to felonies is what caused the children to be separated.

Did Trump play politics with Children? Not any less than congress did. He passed something and when he saw what it was doing, he passed something else to fix it. What did congress do, who could do something about it the whole time. They did nothing but throw blame at him. They left the fucking light off when they could have got off their chair and turned it on.

You say I must not be married? Are you married? Tell me how that marriage is going for you if you are acting like this. Let's say your wife gets up early before her alarm to go to work and you have the day off. Tell me how the situation would go if you spent all day calling your wife complaining that the alarm keeps going off and she needs to get her ass home and turn it off. Postin gon facebook how your wife is this horrible bitch that leaves the alarm on. Taking pictures of your kids holding their ears and crying that the alarm noise is hurting their ears. Ect. Is it her fault the alarm is going off? Yes. Can you do something about it? Yes you can.

RolStoppable said:
Nymeria said:
I have to ask, if there a line the president could cross that would cause people to no longer support him?

As long as Trump is against democrats, he will have support. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" logic applies here. Since democrats can't stop ganging up on Trump, his victory is assured.

You may wonder if Americans can't be smarter and more mature about this, but you should never forget that this is the country that re-elected Bush Jr.

Much like Bush jr.’s re-election, I think trumps election is more to do with the democrats inability to nominate a good candidate.  Kerry and Clinton were both horrible candidates.  Of course, Trump is horrible to, which is why so many people stayed home...  I didn’t vote for either of them, I voted for a third party guy that was running in Utah, I think his name was McMullen?  Not really sure, the only thing I really knew about him was there was a chance he might take the state, which would have denied both Clinton and Trump the electoral votes.  Hopefully 2020 will be different.  Maybe trump will have a primary challenger (hasn’t happened to a sitting president in over 20 years) and lose.  Hopefully the Democrats can get their act together and nominate an actual good candidate (not looking too good so far).  Hopefully Americans can actually have a choice between two candidate that they actually respect, and not be forced into a choice of the lesser of two evils.... hopefully...

irstupid said:
Machiavellian said:

There you go again assuming and changing my stance. I never once said I agreed with Trump on this issue.

My main point is that the hundreds of people who could have done something about this didn't because they wanted to politicize this. They let the story run, they fueled the fire. They let stories run that used pictures from before Trump was in office, they used pictures of children who were not separated, ect. They milked this story for all it was worth to hurt Trump, meanwhile doing nothing to fix the problem when they could have. To me that is more evil than anything Trump did purposefully or not.

The zero policy thing was not made to hostage children and scare away immigrants by saying "We will separate your children" It was made to make all illegal entrants now felons instead of a petty misdemeanor. A harsher penalty was what was supposed to deter illegal immigrants from coming to the US. Other prior laws in regards to felonies is what caused the children to be separated.

Did Trump play politics with Children? Not any less than congress did. He passed something and when he saw what it was doing, he passed something else to fix it. What did congress do, who could do something about it the whole time. They did nothing but throw blame at him. They left the fucking light off when they could have got off their chair and turned it on.

You say I must not be married? Are you married? Tell me how that marriage is going for you if you are acting like this. Let's say your wife gets up early before her alarm to go to work and you have the day off. Tell me how the situation would go if you spent all day calling your wife complaining that the alarm keeps going off and she needs to get her ass home and turn it off. Postin gon facebook how your wife is this horrible bitch that leaves the alarm on. Taking pictures of your kids holding their ears and crying that the alarm noise is hurting their ears. Ect. Is it her fault the alarm is going off? Yes. Can you do something about it? Yes you can.

If you are not agreeing with Trump on this stance, you sure are doing a good job giving him credit and putting the blame on Congress.  Not sure how you expect me to see it any other way.  Let me ask you something, how did we get to the point where this whole issue became the shit storm today when this has been the practice since Bush.  Why now and not then.  What change happen to put this whole issue to the forefront.  What administration have thousands of kids in cages, if this all was on Congress.  Now if you said congress and the President was at fault, I can get behind that but if you only shifting the blame on Congress without recognizing the President direct involvement, bungling of the situation and staging this whole debacle to get funding on the wall then NO, I cannot get behind that.

You say that the zero policy was not made to hostage children.  There are direct statements from Session in April and May that contradict exactly what you are saying.  Not only did Session state that was the plan but before the zero policy change Immigration officials handled families with discretion.  If someone was found crossing illegally as a family they would put then into immigration proceeding and if they met the criteria for asylum  they would be all processed together if not they would be deported.  The key part that kills your defense here is that there is nothing within the article that says children have to be taken away from their parents.  It was always up to the discretion of the immigration officials.  When Session and Trump made their zero policy change, they also mandated that all children be taken away.  In other words they made it mandatory and this is why we are here today with over 2K kids in holding pens in 2 months compared to years it would have taken for other administration to see the same results.

So yes, Trump and Session did play politics and no its not like the other administration and no it's not like Congress since they did not create the executive order to change the border policy nor did they mandate all children be taken away from their parents.  All of it was done by Trump and his administration.  He planned it, executed it and bungled it.  You can blame Congress for not getting immigration reform done but even then you still have the president who has to sign it which he already refused to do so because it had no wall in it.  

I never said you must not be married.  My actual statement was "I wonder if you are married".  I have been married for 15 years and dating my wife 5 years before that.  I am going to give you an example of being right doesn't matter all the time.  There was a case with my wife and I, where she would put stuff on the steps that led to our bedroom.  This would infuriate me because I have big feet so I have to side step this stuff all the time.  I asked her if she could not put the stuff on the steps but she would continue to do it.  A few times we got into heated arguments over this very petty thing and she would say, why can't you just pick it up and take it upstairs.  So here we are, I am thinking, why the heck you have to do this and she is thinking why can't you just pick it up.  If I cared about being right, I would have acted exactly like you did with the light but instead I got to the source of why she did what she did.  To sum it up quick, she worked liked me and she also like to keep the house clean.  The kids stressed her out sometimes and during those times is when she would put the stuff on the steps, she was stressed out.  So guess what I did, I picked up the stuff and put it upstairs. 

At bolded:  If I did not know better I would say that your analogy is exactly like Trump.  Trump wants his wall.  He needs the Dems 9 votes to get it.  Instead of trying to deal with them he goes on tweeter and blame them.  I ask you when your co-workers did the same to you how did that change your attitude.  Instead, I am sure you probably said F them.  Welcome to politics.

Around the Network

It's going to happen Canada, sorry =D

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

My update is that I'm still in a very peculiar and odd sort of spot that's quite fluid. I feel that between the added wisdom that naturally comes from my aging (now well into my 30s), and the increasingly hostile and extremism of the modern left, that I'm being pushed farther to the right these days. Hell even my very liberal mother and sister shout at me or treat me like a criminal sometimes just for expressing some slightly rightwing, libertarian, or centrist views. When things like this happen, alarm bells go off inside me and I naturally rebel against it. I don't like being told what to do. In fact I DESPISE it. And basically everyone I know who expresses political views has attempted to either pressure and/or shame me into attoning for my sins, straying from the evil of Trump and voting for the anointed one Hillary Clinton. Let me just say, whether it's religion, politics, or just generally in life - I DON'T take kindly to shaming. If you try and shame me to do something, I'll probably do the exact opposite. Call it rebellious, Libertarian, Anarchist, whatever - it's just the way I'm wired. I have a natural feeling of resistance against Authoritarianism, especially when it involves shaming and division. It's just that while the right probably held that status 15-30 years ago, as of late, the left seems to have taking over that role.

Don't get me wrong though - overall in terms of my views I'd still probably say that I'm center left with some Libertarian leanings. I mean hell.. I HATED HATED HATED Bush, Cheney and the Neocons, and happily voted for John Kerry in 2004 and Obama in 2008. I didn't vote in 2012 because neither candidate sold me, but (somewhat out of spite of everybody trying to shame me into voting for Hillary I'll admit, and a fuck you to the Dems for shutting out my guy Bernie) voted for Trump in 2016. Though I had to hold my nose while doing it.

Make no mistake - I detest much of what the modern left has become in their constant whining and visceral hatred of all things Trump and his supporters, along with their seemingly increasing obsession with identity politics. I can't help but think they're using a phony virtue signaling to hide behind and justify extreme behavior, bullying, and authoritarianism. I find many of the modern left's actions and talking points insufferable to be honest. Sorry, but I can't help it. Maybe it's the constant bombardment of these talking points being shoved down my throat in mainstream media, but whatever it is, I'm developing a gag reflect to these people despite still mainly holding liberal views myself, it's odd.. If I hold any right wing views, they're far more in line with the Ron Paul school of thought than Trump's any day.

My trust for the mainstream media is also currently at an all time low, so any time the media cry about Trump, I can't help but get feel like a "boy who cried wolf" situation where I just can't take them seriously anymore, and have a natural impulse to somewhat believe the OPPOSITE of what they say. I suppose it's also an enemy of my enemy is my friend situation, as I similarly share a deep hatred for mainstream media, political correctness, and the elite politicians that dominate society like Trump does. Though at the end of the day my views are still pretty liberal, at least in terms of bigger picture stuff (I've even taken political tests and I've tested pretty far left in most). It's all very confusing for me, and I feel I'm in a bit of an identity crisis..

So while I still don't exactly "support" Trump (he is egotistical and somewhat authoritarian, and I don't support many of his or especially Pence's socially right wing views), to me he was still the better option than the corporate shill Hillary, and I often find that I hate his critics/opponents far more than I hate him. I guess you can say that I "empathize" a bit with him, though he's not my ideal choice as president by far. That would be Ron Paul or his son Rand, or on the liberal side, Bernie Sanders or Dennis Kucinich, or even (while he's a bit nutty in certain areas), the Independent Jesse Ventura.

Last edited by DarthMetalliCube - on 24 June 2018

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:

My update is that I'm still in a very peculiar and odd sort of spot that's quite fluid. I feel that between the added wisdom that naturally comes from my aging (now well into my 30s), and the increasingly hostile and extremism of the modern left, that I'm being pushed farther to the right these days. Hell even my very liberal mother and sister shout at me or treat me like a criminal sometimes just for expressing some slightly rightwing, libertarian, or centrist views. When things like this happen, alarm bells go off inside me and I naturally rebel against it. I don't like being told what to do. In fact I DESPISE it. And basically everyone I know who expresses political views has attempted to either pressure and/or shame me into attoning for my sins, straying from the evil of Trump and voting for the anointed one Hillary Clinton. Let me just say, whether it's religion, politics, or just generally in life - I DON'T take kindly to shaming. If you try and shame me to do something, I'll probably do the exact opposite. Call it rebellious, Libertarian, Anarchist, whatever - it's just the way I'm wired. I have a natural feeling of resistance against Authoritarianism, especially when it involves shaming and division. It's just that while the right probably held that status 15-30 years ago, as of late, the left seems to have taking over that role.

Don't get me wrong though - overall in terms of my views I'd still probably say that I'm center left with some Libertarian leanings. I mean hell.. I HATED HATED HATED Bush, Cheney and the Neocons, and happily voted for John Kerry in 2004 and Obama in 2008. I didn't vote in 2012 because neither candidate sold me, but (somewhat out of spite of everybody trying to shame me into voting for Hillary I'll admit, and a fuck you to the Dems for shutting out my guy Bernie) voted for Trump in 2016. Though I had to hold my nose while doing it.

Make no mistake - I detest much of what the modern left has become in their constant whining and visceral hatred of all things Trump and his supporters, along with their seemingly increasing obsession with identity politics. I can't help but think they're using a phony virtue signaling to hide behind and justify extreme behavior, bullying, and authoritarianism. I find many of the modern left's actions and talking points insufferable to be honest. Sorry, but I can't help it. Maybe it's the constant bombardment of these talking points being shoved down my throat in mainstream media, but whatever it is, I'm developing a gag reflect to these people despite still mainly holding liberal views myself, it's odd.. If I hold any right wing views, they're far more in line with the Ron Paul school of thought than Trump's any day.

My trust for the mainstream media is also currently at an all time low, so any time the media cry about Trump, I can't help but get feel like a "boy who cried wolf" situation where I just can't take them seriously anymore, and have a natural impulse to somewhat believe the OPPOSITE of what they say. I suppose it's also an enemy of my enemy is my friend situation, as I similarly share a deep hatred for mainstream media, political correctness, and the elite politicians that dominate society like Trump does. Though at the end of the day my views are still pretty liberal, at least in terms of bigger picture stuff (I've even taken political tests and I've tested pretty far left in most). It's all very confusing for me, and I feel I'm in a bit of an identity crisis..

So while I still don't exactly "support" Trump (he is egotistical and somewhat authoritarian, and I don't support many of his or especially Pence's socially right wing views), to me he was still the better option than the corporate shill Hillary, and I often find that I hate his critics/opponents far more than I hate him. I guess you can say that I "empathize" a bit with him, though he's not my ideal choice as president by far. That would be Ron Paul or his son Rand, or on the liberal side, Bernie Sanders or Dennis Kucinich, or even (while he's a bit nutty in certain areas), the Independent Jesse Ventura.

Would you consider yourself more of a classical liberal or in between?

I only ask because this is a trend I see more with the modern day left and current/former democrats. I grew up in a heavily conservative family, so naturally I started moving a bit to the left. The problem is that while I was starting to study up more on the left, the Democrats started to acknowledge the far left (I wouldn't say embrace them because to be quite frank they could never do that if they wanted moderates like me). The issue I found from this point was that their main focus started being confirmation bias rather than actual solutions to problems. You see this with the current child separation policy. There are more people defending their lack of action when in reality they should cross the party lines and work with the party who stated they wanted to fix the issue the democrats were complaining about. The fact that democrats continue to do nothing on said issue only shows me that their only solution is to let all illegals in to get more votes.

As for Trump being authoritarian, I wont argue he made some bad statements about general policy and has said some nasty media. However, looking at companies like CNN, they claim to be more legitimate then an encyclopedia, but then give off E News quality content. It's gotten so bad to the point where I would be fine with labelling fake news as fake news, mostly because it has become such a big problem.

TH3-D0S3R said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

Would you consider yourself more of a classical liberal or in between?

I only ask because this is a trend I see more with the modern day left and current/former democrats. I grew up in a heavily conservative family, so naturally I started moving a bit to the left. The problem is that while I was starting to study up more on the left, the Democrats started to acknowledge the far left (I wouldn't say embrace them because to be quite frank they could never do that if they wanted moderates like me). The issue I found from this point was that their main focus started being confirmation bias rather than actual solutions to problems. You see this with the current child separation policy. There are more people defending their lack of action when in reality they should cross the party lines and work with the party who stated they wanted to fix the issue the democrats were complaining about. The fact that democrats continue to do nothing on said issue only shows me that their only solution is to let all illegals in to get more votes.

As for Trump being authoritarian, I wont argue he made some bad statements about general policy and has said some nasty media. However, looking at companies like CNN, they claim to be more legitimate then an encyclopedia, but then give off E News quality content. It's gotten so bad to the point where I would be fine with labelling fake news as fake news, mostly because it has become such a big problem.

Mainstream media has definitely gotten "tabloid-esque", click baity, and heavily reliant and sensationalism for ratings, which I part of the reason I no longer trust them.

The Dems come across as saying one thing but doing another to me. They act like they care about the downtrodden yet protect and are backed by major corporate interests. Really they're little different than Republicans, only difference being they act like they actually care about the common person. In terms of global politics they're actually probably center-right, yet they act like virtuous hardcore left-wingers. And they've essentially all but abandoned the middle class at this point, which they don't even try to hide. This really took form during the era of the "Clinton Democrats," who tried to look cool and more moderate/right wing, in order to nab some of the many Regan voters in the early 90's.

I guess you could say I'm somewhat Classical Liberal in that I'm absolutely for equality of opportunity, in addition to freedom of speech, civil rights, and liberty of the individual. I have my reservations about unregulated corporatism though unlike some seemingly that call themselves "classical liberal" and live and die by the ideals of the free market though. "Classical Liberal" at least in terms of American politics sort of implies traditional Conservative which I don't quite see myself as, so I guess I'd just say I'm just generally liberal/Libertarian without adhering to what's considered modern day "progressive" which in many ways is actually quite REgressive in my view..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:

My update is that I'm still in a very peculiar and odd sort of spot that's quite fluid. I feel that between the added wisdom that naturally comes from my aging (now well into my 30s), and the increasingly hostile and extremism of the modern left, that I'm being pushed farther to the right these days. Hell even my very liberal mother and sister shout at me or treat me like a criminal sometimes just for expressing some slightly rightwing, libertarian, or centrist views. When things like this happen, alarm bells go off inside me and I naturally rebel against it. I don't like being told what to do. In fact I DESPISE it. And basically everyone I know who expresses political views has attempted to either pressure and/or shame me into attoning for my sins, straying from the evil of Trump and voting for the anointed one Hillary Clinton. Let me just say, whether it's religion, politics, or just generally in life - I DON'T take kindly to shaming. If you try and shame me to do something, I'll probably do the exact opposite. Call it rebellious, Libertarian, Anarchist, whatever - it's just the way I'm wired.

So let me get this straight....So when presented with facts that contradict your perception of what is happening around you, rather than find a multiple of varying credible sources to prove these other people's so called facts right or wrong, your natural reaction is to revert back to being a teenager, at the age of 30+. Is this how you behave in the work force too? Have you managed to hold down a steady job? I'm guessing not because in your own words you don't like being told what to do. Do you run your own business then?? How's that working out? Do you also embrace empoyees who are like you and don't like being told what to do?? 

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 26 June 2018