By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
Machiavellian said:
EricHiggin said:

Your not aware of the people who's lives are being destroyed for saying something that's truthful or just flat out makes sense? Where have you been getting your news from? It's almost like the Reps are trying to do what their 'employers' the people want. How horrible.

DACA was useless, so useless that the Dems went from saying they wouldn't deal because they weren't getting anything worthwhile in return, to saying it has nothing to do with deals and is simply because the wall is stupid and immoral, just like the walls around Nancy's Pelosi's multiple homes/estates. It wasn't the DACA offer that did that, it was just by chance.

You keep saying the Reps what to do what the people want, how do you know.  Until the vote hit the Senate floor you have no clue what they want.  Now that McConnell will allow a vote on the Senate floor we will see what each party wants instead of guessing.

As for your last paragraph, I believe you have no clue what you are talking about.  Never said DACA was useless, I said the deal Trump offered was useless.  He offered something that he hasn't even gotten the courts to rule in his favor so why would the Dems accept some temporary offer.  As for saying the wall is immoral, well we will see if spending 5.6 Billion for a 200 mile wall is wasteful or not but one thing for sure.  First Trump will have to open the government first.  He can blather all he wants but he hasn't given anything to make the Dems deal.  Get the government open first then lets have all immigration talks.  No more using a shutdown as leverage as the Dems not going to play that game anymore.

'Almost like the Reps are trying' is not the same as they are doing exactly what the people are asking for. Plus, if the people wanted the Dems to be able to move forward with their agenda, they would have voted that way, yet the Dems only took the House so.

I meant DACA in reference to the deal Trump was making. Why aren't the Dems using that as their main talking point instead of we don't care about deals anymore, because that just flat out shows weakness and all that matters are political polls apparently, so why would they put themselves in that situation? Walls obviously don't work, that's why Nancy surrounds herself with some form of wall as often as possible, because who doesn't like to be smothered and locked down all the time? The Dems won't play willingly and definitely won't if they aren't forced to, so fighting Trump to re-open the Gov and make sure their initial crack at governing looks like a win is a must in their eyes.

sethnintendo said:
EricHiggin said:

Your not aware of the people who's lives are being destroyed for saying something that's truthful or just flat out makes sense? Where have you been getting your news from? It's almost like the Reps are trying to do what their 'employers' the people want. How horrible.

DACA was useless, so useless that the Dems went from saying they wouldn't deal because they weren't getting anything worthwhile in return, to saying it has nothing to do with deals and is simply because the wall is stupid and immoral, just like the walls around Nancy's Pelosi's multiple homes/estates. It wasn't the DACA offer that did that, it was just by chance.

Um did you miss his sentence saying DACA was defended by the courts now?  Why the fuck would democrats agree to a bullshit deal when DACA is already protected?  This is a manufactured crisis by someone named trump whose only experience manufacturing something is a mcdonalds turd out his ass.

Did you miss the point about how the main talking point in opposition to the DACA offer is that we don't care about deals anymore, the wall is simply stupid and immoral? Why bother asking for a deal then if you have no intention of not making one? Maybe to waste more time, just like with the Kav hearings? It sure makes them look weak. I wouldn't bash Trumps turds. I wouldn't be surprised if we're just days away from someone named Nancy admitting she eats turds like Trumps for breakfast.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
the-pi-guy said:

You don't need a wall for immigration reform.  

The entire illegal immigration issue has been declining for the past two decades.  There are fewer illegal immigrants coming over, and fewer that are staying. 

A massive uptick in border security doesn't make sense.  

Because an issue gets less worse does not mean you ignore the issue. We don't need a wall for immigration reform yeah but a wall would be a great way to reduce the amount of illegal immigrants coming from the border.

You seem to be very passionate about this wall being built, to say the least. I'm curious, has illegal immigration effected you directly in any way?

Machiavellian said:
jason1637 said:

Because an issue gets less worse does not mean you ignore the issue. We don't need a wall for immigration reform yeah but a wall would be a great way to reduce the amount of illegal immigrants coming from the border.

How many illegal immigrants will the wall stop.  You keep saying this but you have absolutely no data because no one who is advocating for the wall has did any due process.  You believe this 200 mile stretch is going to stop how many people from illegally getting into the US.  What are you basing your information from.  I personally have no issue with building a wall, my issue is that its half ass.  What I mean by that is that its a half ass measure for a much bigger issue and the end result will be that it will take years to do and probably by itself be worthless.  We have a president who invents a crises, shuts down the government for a half ass measure when in reality we need something on the order or the 2013 bill.

Interesting how we spin around on a wall when if you really want to stop illegal immigration you would go after business that hire illegal immigrants.  You take away the money and you see a huge drop in crossings way more than a wall will solve.  Trump business have profited by this very cheap labor force for decades.  Do you believe he really is trying to do anything for immigration reform.  Instead he throws out the simple but half ass solution because even he knows it really isn't going to do much without complete reform.

Having 0 defense is better than nothing. Those who believe that it will stop all illegal immigrants from crossing are obviously stupid. The reason this shit got out of hand is because the system back then let it happen and let people take advantage of it. Fast forward now, they increase the procedures for Legal Immigrants while give a free pass to a lot of illegal immigrants. Very fair. 

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 23 January 2019

EricHiggin said:
Machiavellian said:

You keep saying the Reps what to do what the people want, how do you know.  Until the vote hit the Senate floor you have no clue what they want.  Now that McConnell will allow a vote on the Senate floor we will see what each party wants instead of guessing.

As for your last paragraph, I believe you have no clue what you are talking about.  Never said DACA was useless, I said the deal Trump offered was useless.  He offered something that he hasn't even gotten the courts to rule in his favor so why would the Dems accept some temporary offer.  As for saying the wall is immoral, well we will see if spending 5.6 Billion for a 200 mile wall is wasteful or not but one thing for sure.  First Trump will have to open the government first.  He can blather all he wants but he hasn't given anything to make the Dems deal.  Get the government open first then lets have all immigration talks.  No more using a shutdown as leverage as the Dems not going to play that game anymore.

'Almost like the Reps are trying' is not the same as they are doing exactly what the people are asking for. Plus, if the people wanted the Dems to be able to move forward with their agenda, they would have voted that way, yet the Dems only took the House so.

I meant DACA in reference to the deal Trump was making. Why aren't the Dems using that as their main talking point instead of we don't care about deals anymore, because that just flat out shows weakness and all that matters are political polls apparently, so why would they put themselves in that situation? Walls obviously don't work, that's why Nancy surrounds herself with some form of wall as often as possible, because who doesn't like to be smothered and locked down all the time? The Dems won't play willingly and definitely won't if they aren't forced to, so fighting Trump to re-open the Gov and make sure their initial crack at governing looks like a win is a must in their eyes.

You seem to be going in circles.  The Dems never put DACA on the table, it was Trump.  They never asked for Trump to put some temporary deal that doesn't solve anything on the table.  The weakness was Trump throwing out garbage expecting everyone to be idiots. 

Do you know the Dems stance.  First open the government, then discuss immigration.  There is no reason to deal on DACA until after the government is open.  You are making a false stance as if the Dems work the way you want them to.  They have all come to the realization that playing this game leads nowhere.  Why go through negotiations that could takes months on a real deal when working with Trump and his dependency for flipping every time right wing media oppose any deals seems stupid.

The Dems do not have to play willingly because Trump in 2 years never tried to reach out to them once.  Trump cannot force the Dems to do anything that's why he is getting his ass handed to him.  You are under the assumption that the Dems has to kiss Trump ass but they actually can continue to stay united that they will do no deals until the government is open.  The problem is that Trump believe he can force people to do what he wants and you are under the impression that Congress works for the executive office.  Both of you are clueless and that's why Trump is in this situation.  So you can continue to believe the Dems need to be forced to do Trumps will and you will find out government has never run this way.  Trump doesn't have the leverage and as each day continue he continue to lose more.

the-pi-guy said:
jason1637 said:

It is not a cost effective way to do so.  

Just putting up a wall isn't enough. You still need to have border patrol officers, and a bunch of other things.  

Inner German wall  was only 900 miles long, yet it had 50,000 soldiers with machine guns, traps, landmines, booby traps and more.  

People were still able to get over that wall. 

The US Mexico border is over twice as long.  We already spend almost $4 billion annually, despite only having about 20,000 border patrol officers.  

jason1637 said:

Because an issue gets less worse does not mean you ignore the issue. 

It's not about ignoring the issue.  It's about whether a solution to an issue is cost effective (not necessarily by dollar amount).  

For example, spending more money on a solution than the problem costs usually doesn't make any sense.  
Creating a solution that's actually a bigger problem than the original problem never makes sense.  

You can have a wall and border patrol. 

Isreal put up a wall and were able to stop smugglers, criminal, and went from having hundreds of illegal immigrants per month to zero. With proper execution it will work. We have the money to make it happen anyway. Also their is a bill in the senate by Ted Cruz that would put the 14b dollars of forfeited money from El Chapo and his goons into the wall so the US would not have to pay for all of it.

The issue is that we still have hundred os thousands coming almost every month. Yeah it's not as big as it used ot be but that is still a very large number.

Machiavellian said:
jason1637 said:

How many illegal immigrants will the wall stop.  You keep saying this but you have absolutely no data because no one who is advocating for the wall has did any due process.  You believe this 200 mile stretch is going to stop how many people from illegally getting into the US.  What are you basing your information from.  I personally have no issue with building a wall, my issue is that its half ass.  What I mean by that is that its a half ass measure for a much bigger issue and the end result will be that it will take years to do and probably by itself be worthless.  We have a president who invents a crises, shuts down the government for a half ass measure when in reality we need something on the order or the 2013 bill.

Interesting how we spin around on a wall when if you really want to stop illegal immigration you would go after business that hire illegal immigrants.  You take away the money and you see a huge drop in crossings way more than a wall will solve.  Trump business have profited by this very cheap labor force for decades.  Do you believe he really is trying to do anything for immigration reform.  Instead he throws out the simple but half ass solution because even he knows it really isn't going to do much without complete reform.

Yeah i think that the government should be harsher on companies that hire illegals. Trump golf company actually had illegals working for him lol. He should be forced to pay a fine.

Biggerboat1 said:
jason1637 said:

You seem to be very passionate about this wall being built, to say the least. I'm curious, has illegal immigration effected you directly in any way?

I'm not passionate about. Just someething i'd like ot see built. 

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
Machiavellian said:

Having 0 defense is better than nothing. Those who believe that it will stop all illegal immigrants from crossing are obviously stupid. The reason this shit got out of hand is because the system back then let it happen and let people take advantage of it. Fast forward now, they increase the procedures for Legal Immigrants while give a free pass to a lot of illegal immigrants. Very fair. 

My problem is not a wall, my problem is why did we have to have a made up crisis that has shutdown the government for a month over a made up crisis.  If the wall was so important, why was this not put forward to congress way before budget time, not some last minute play.  Why did Trump administration only initially ask for 1.6 Billion for border security which was approved but then Trump changes the figure to 5.6 Billion at the last minute.  No matter how you look at it, this was something that should have been on the House and Senate floor way before budget time and definitely not something worth shutting down the government without at least going through Congress way before budget time.  

Machiavellian said:
EricHiggin said:

You seem to be going in circles.  The Dems never put DACA on the table, it was Trump.  They never asked for Trump to put some temporary deal that doesn't solve anything on the table.  The weakness was Trump throwing out garbage expecting everyone to be idiots. 

Do you know the Dems stance.  First open the government, then discuss immigration.  There is no reason to deal on DACA until after the government is open.  You are making a false stance as if the Dems work the way you want them to.  They have all come to the realization that playing this game leads nowhere.  Why go through negotiations that could takes months on a real deal when working with Trump and his dependency for flipping every time right wing media oppose any deals seems stupid.

The Dems do not have to play willingly because Trump in 2 years never tried to reach out to them once.  Trump cannot force the Dems to do anything that's why he is getting his ass handed to him.  You are under the assumption that the Dems has to kiss Trump ass but they actually can continue to stay united that they will do no deals until the government is open.  The problem is that Trump believe he can force people to do what he wants and you are under the impression that Congress works for the executive office.  Both of you are clueless and that's why Trump is in this situation.  So you can continue to believe the Dems need to be forced to do Trumps will and you will find out government has never run this way.  Trump doesn't have the leverage and as each day continue he continue to lose more.

DACA deal, the one Trump proposed recently, like I said. Where did you get the Dems proposing DACA? If the Dems had any legitimacy to them they would have simply said that deal sucks no thanks. They are weak and don't want to deal, which is why they brought up the point that no deal will change their minds.

Their stance is your making us look bad so re-open the Gov because then their is zero pressure on us, and we can take 2 years to 'deal', and end up with no deal, because we'll just be wasting time like normal. Then we're going to say to the people, Trump promised a wall and he never delivered, what a liar. We told you so! LOL

Trump said at his last state of the union he wanted to deal and the Dems wanted nothing to do with it. They sat and rarely clapped, for minorities or war vet's/hero's, etc. Trump set up a bunch of meetings recently to deal and the Dems didn't bother showing up. Ya, Trump hasn't made attempt to deal, clearly. The Country is doing fine, minus the Gov workers who don't seem to be all that necessary. Trump should continue this until the 2020 election and point out how the House has got nothing done for the past 2 years, and then boast about his accomplishments from the 2 years prior, which had a Rep controlled House btw.

the-pi-guy said:
jason1637 said:
You can have a wall and border patrol. 

I literally had that in my first post.  
I never said one can't have a wall and border patrol.  My point was that it's not always cost effective.

jason1637 said: 

Isreal put up a wall and were able to stop smugglers, criminal, and went from having hundreds of illegal immigrants per month to zero. With proper execution it will work. We have the money to make it happen anyway. Also their is a bill in the senate by Ted Cruz that would put the 14b dollars of forfeited money from El Chapo and his goons into the wall so the US would not have to pay for all of it.

It did not reduce it to 0.  

The terrain with Israel and the US are not comparable.  

jason1637 said: 

The issue is that we still have hundred os thousands coming almost every month. Yeah it's not as big as it used ot be but that is still a very large number.

No we don't.  

There are only a few hundred thousand that attempt to come over every year.

The number that actually make it into the US is much smaller, less than 90,000 a year.  

Do you really want to spend several billion to stop less than 90,000 people every year? 

It will be effective because it will prevent people from crossing illegally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHindXf-XHY In 2017 0 people came from the border illegally in Isreal.

The number is not 90k. Hundreds of thousands a year are apprehended and due to the catch and release protocol and those that dont get caught we see a lot still coming in.

the-pi-guy said:
jason1637 said:

It will be effective because it will prevent people from crossing illegally.

Again, "cost effective".  

That means whether it is worth the cost. 

Even if something is 100% "effective", does not mean it is "cost effective".

jason1637 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHindXf-XHY In 2017 0 people came from the border illegally in Isreal.

1.) Again, US and Israel borders are not comparable.  

2.) And yet in the years after the border wall was completed: people still made it over

jason1637 said:

The number is not 90k. Hundreds of thousands a year are apprehended and due to the catch and release protocol and those that dont get caught we see a lot still coming in.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/9/interceptions-immigrants-stubbornly-low/

The Government Accountability Office report found that an estimated 208,813 illegal immigrants escaped capture along the nearly 2,000-mile border. Slightly more than half of them turned back to Mexico, and the others proceeded deeper into the U.S., the report said.

In 2011, the GAO said, the Border Patrol apprehended 327,118 illegal border crossers, while it estimates another 208,813 got away. Of those, 85,827 escaped into the U.S. and the rest turned back.

85,827 in 2011 made it to the US.  That's according to the Washington Times.  
So yes, the number that actually made it into the US is less than 90k.  

1. Overall what that chart shows is that a wall does work.

2. That number only account for those caught and released. Their are people who don't get apprehended by border patrol. These people are not included in the numbers. 

Overall if a wall is not built it would kinda suck but Its not the end of the world and I live NY so I'm not really affected by this problem as much as people in California,  Arizona , New Mexico, Texas, Florida and other border states. It would be nice to have but it doesn't get built its just an Oof moment.

Oh wow. That graph actually proves that walls work very well. O_O