By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan is the second best selling country for the ps4

Tagged games:

That's neat. PS4 is not as cool as PS2 or PSP but it made the mark on Japan

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

Base from population 2016 UK population. UK just need to have 4.06M equivalent to 20M for USA.  And they have 4.3M 

Japan 5.4 < 7.86  , Germany 4.7 < 5.12  ,UK 4.3 > 4.06  ,France 3.7 <4.14

Zekkyou said:
rodea_sky_soldier said:

Here someone praise Sony for Fate Grand Order. Why? This game is from Delightworks and published by Aniplex.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fate/Grand_Order

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aniplex.fategrandorder.en&hl=pt_BR

What is the role of sony in this game?

Sony own Aniplex, it's a part of Sony Music Entertainment Japan.

Sony also own A-1 Pictures, which is responsible for the more recent Fate anime. I wonder if the two are related?

A-1 is a subsidiary of Aniplex. Both of them aren't only owned, but 100% established/created by Sony as far as I know.

Thing is, typically the best selling console has about 20m of sales by the end of the generation. Home consoles in general have failed to do that since the PS2. Also bare in mind Japan is bigger than all of those countries, with more consumers and traditionally buy more consoles per capita than any other country in the world. That's why it's not doing so hot. Obviously it's not disastrous but it's not as dominating like the other countries.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

No it need a to dominate the globe for global domination which it's doing. Pretty self explanatory.

Lol, its totally opposite, it's pretty self explanatory that it actually that needs to dominate the globe for global domination, dominate the globe = global domination.

Let's break down your silly logic. It's the equivalent of saying "console X" is not dominating the USA because "console Y" actually sold more in new York and cali.  So it's not USA domination because it needs to dominate every estate individually. 

Or it's not dominating Japan because it's rival console sold more in Tokyo. This logic is utterly obsurd. Ps4 is dominating globally. Get over it.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Lol, its totally opposite, it's pretty self explanatory that it actually that needs to dominate the globe for global domination, dominate the globe = global domination.

Let's break down your silly logic. It's the equivalent of saying "console X" is not dominating the USA because "console Y" actually sold more in new York and cali.  So it's not USA domination because it needs to dominate every estate individually. 

Or it's not dominating Japan because it's rival console sold more in Tokyo. This logic is utterly obsurd. Ps4 is dominating globally. Get over it.

Despite disagreeing with you on many things in the past week, i have to agree with you on this. PS4 doesnt need to dominate in each country in order to dominate globally.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Like you wrote, global domination is pretty self explanatory, but I guess global domination can go in two ways, dominating over globe in each market, or overall being just best selling console.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 04 December 2017

Lawlight said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Yeah, those 20k sales per week will really make the difference. /s

The PS4 sold 11.70M in rest of the world so far. Still think that doesn't make a difference?

That's not a lot considering there are billions of people on the world. Playstation isn't a global brand, only in the first world perhaps and even then it has almost no presence in Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan.

Coca Cola is a global brand. They sell that shit by the millions in even the poorest countries. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

"Playstation has almost no presence in Japan"....

Kyuu said:
Zekkyou said:

Sony own Aniplex, it's a part of Sony Music Entertainment Japan.

Sony also own A-1 Pictures, which is responsible for the more recent Fate anime. I wonder if the two are related?

A-1 is a subsidiary of Aniplex. Both of them aren't only owned, but 100% established/created by Sony as far as I know.

Oh neet, i didn't know that! I thought Sony bought them up.