By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan is the second best selling country for the ps4

Tagged games:

Lawlight said:
Miyamotoo said:

You don't make any sense, nobody said that Japan alone is global, but you can't say global without Japan market (strongest gaming market after US and Europe).

That’s not how it works. Global does not mean it has to win in every single country.

Doesn't need evre single country, but at least evre biggest market for global domination.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Kerotan said:

You're really grasping at straws trying to catch me out. I've always maintained Japan was important and never said they focus in it more then the other major markets. 

Then who said it was not important that made you made this thread? 

A number of people said it. Off the top of my head lawlight said Japan wasn't a priority and miyamotoo said it wasn't that important or relevant. They are entitled to think that but I disagree. 

mysteryman said:
Kerotan said:

You're really grasping at straws trying to catch me out. I've always maintained Japan was important and never said they focus in it more then the other major markets. 

You misunderstand. It was I speaking of less importance, rather than no importance. 

Japan is an important market. Even Microsoft try to maintain the semblance of a presence there. 

But the PS4 isn't Sony showing any particular interest in the Japanese demographic and the exodus of their home console users. 

Yeah of course it isn't as important as it used to be but it's still more important then smaller markets like the UK, France etc. I never argued it was more important then the ps2 days for example but I definitely think it's either equally as important to last gen or even more so considering they are selling more consoles so far and maybe a much bigger profit. Well that's not hard when ps3 had made a big loss at this point last gen. 

Miyamotoo said:
Lawlight said:

That’s not how it works. Global does not mean it has to win in every single country.

Doesn't need evre single country, but at least evre biggest market for global domination.

No it need a to dominate the globe for global domination which it's doing. Pretty self explanatory.

Kerotan said:

Miyamotoo said:

No it need a to dominate the globe for global domination which it's doing. Pretty self explanatory.

Lol, its totally opposite, it's pretty self explanatory that it actually that needs to dominate the globe for global domination, dominate the globe = global domination.

Miyamotoo said:
Lawlight said:

Even if the PS4 is second or third in every country in the world, if it is leading worldwide then it is the global leader.

That's neat. PS4 is not as cool as PS2 or PSP but it made the mark on Japan

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

Base from population 2016 UK population. UK just need to have 4.06M equivalent to 20M for USA.  And they have 4.3M 

Japan 5.4 < 7.86  , Germany 4.7 < 5.12  ,UK 4.3 > 4.06  ,France 3.7 <4.14

Thing is, typically the best selling console has about 20m of sales by the end of the generation. Home consoles in general have failed to do that since the PS2. Also bare in mind Japan is bigger than all of those countries, with more consumers and traditionally buy more consoles per capita than any other country in the world. That's why it's not doing so hot. Obviously it's not disastrous but it's not as dominating like the other countries.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Lol, its totally opposite, it's pretty self explanatory that it actually that needs to dominate the globe for global domination, dominate the globe = global domination.

Let's break down your silly logic. It's the equivalent of saying "console X" is not dominating the USA because "console Y" actually sold more in new York and cali.  So it's not USA domination because it needs to dominate every estate individually. 

Or it's not dominating Japan because it's rival console sold more in Tokyo. This logic is utterly obsurd. Ps4 is dominating globally. Get over it.

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Let's break down your silly logic. It's the equivalent of saying "console X" is not dominating the USA because "console Y" actually sold more in new York and cali.  So it's not USA domination because it needs to dominate every estate individually. 

Or it's not dominating Japan because it's rival console sold more in Tokyo. This logic is utterly obsurd. Ps4 is dominating globally. Get over it.

Despite disagreeing with you on many things in the past week, i have to agree with you on this. PS4 doesnt need to dominate in each country in order to dominate globally.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Like you wrote, global domination is pretty self explanatory, but I guess global domination can go in two ways, dominating over globe in each market, or overall being just best selling console.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 04 December 2017