By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan is the second best selling country for the ps4

Tagged games:

I don't think very many people believe Japan isn't important to Sony, just that Nintendo does far better over there than Sony does.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Let's break down your silly logic. It's the equivalent of saying "console X" is not dominating the USA because "console Y" actually sold more in new York and cali.  So it's not USA domination because it needs to dominate every estate individually. 

Or it's not dominating Japan because it's rival console sold more in Tokyo. This logic is utterly obsurd. Ps4 is dominating globally. Get over it.

Like you wrote, global domination is pretty self explanatory, but I guess global domination can go in two ways, dominating over globe in each market, or overall being just best selling console.

Nobody uses your made up definition. You made it up so you can pretend sony are not dominating the globe this gen. 

Kyuu said:

"Playstation has almost no presence in Japan"....

i know right. comical.

Population of Europe: 750M

Population of Japan: 127M

Sales of PS4 in japan: 5.5m 

Sales of PS4 in Europe: 26m 

1 in every 23 people in Japan bought a PS4 so far. 

1 in every 28 people in Europe bought a PS4 so far.

Japan cares more about PS4 then Europe and therefore Sony do too confirmed? 

Is this thread worthy?

NobleTeam360 said:
I don't think very many people believe Japan isn't important to Sony, just that Nintendo does far better over there than Sony does.

apparently not after reading vgchart over the last week. 

Kerotan said:
Kyuu said:

"Playstation has almost no presence in Japan"....

i know right. comical.

Is this thread worthy?

It's interesting that you choose to now compare Japan to Europe as a whole, instead of individual countries. 

Alkibiádēs said:
Lawlight said:

The PS4 sold 11.70M in rest of the world so far. Still think that doesn't make a difference?

That's not a lot considering there are billions of people on the world. Playstation isn't a global brand, only in the first world perhaps and even then it has almost no presence in Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan.

Coca Cola is a global brand. They sell that shit by the millions in even the poorest countries. 

In that context, 100M consoles sold is not a lot considering there are billions of people in the world.

And good job comparing it to Coca Cola - a can of which costs less than 50 cents in the poorest countries (17 cents in Egypt). I mean come on now - that’s a silly argument.

mysteryman said:
Kerotan said:

i know right. comical.

Is this thread worthy?

It's interesting that you choose to now compare Japan to Europe as a whole, instead of individual countries. 

This. Europe has a lot of poor countries.

Around the Network
mysteryman said:
Kerotan said:

i know right. comical.

Is this thread worthy?

It was to prove a point. People acting like Sony barely care about Japan when in reality they sell more consoles there per person then in Europe. 

Kerotan said:
mysteryman said:

It was to prove a point. People acting like Sony barely care about Japan when in reality they sell more consoles there per person then in Europe. 

But they sell fewer consoles per person than the countries listed in OT. 

And they sell a fraction of total consoles than Europe does as a whole.

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Like you wrote, global domination is pretty self explanatory, but I guess global domination can go in two ways, dominating over globe in each market, or overall being just best selling console.

Nobody uses your made up definition. You made it up so you can pretend sony are not dominating the globe this gen. 

No, fact is that Nintendo dominating (we talking about real domination) Japan and Japan is part of globe.

mysteryman said: 
Kerotan said: 

i know right. comical.

Population of Europe: 750M

Population of Japan: 127M

Sales of PS4 in japan: 5.5m 

Sales of PS4 in Europe: 26m 

Is this thread worthy?

Interesting part is that he is one that accusing people they are spinning things. :D

mysteryman said:
Kerotan said:

Japan but more ps4 per person then Europe. Fact. Sony care more about Japan confirmed. 

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

No, fact is that Nintendo dominating (we talking about real domination) Japan and Japan is part of globe.

mysteryman said: 

Interesting part is that he is one that accusing people they are spinning things. :D

Yes but Japan is only 1 part of the globe which is being dominated by ps4. 

You can't talk about spin since you continually ignore facts pointed out by me and noctis.  You know we are right hence why you bypass our facts. You just don't have it in you to admit it.

Kerotan said:
mysteryman said:

Japan but more ps4 per person then Europe. Fact. Sony care more about Japan confirmed. 

So Japan is more important to Sony than Europe?