By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bold Prediction : PS4 goes over 130m Lifetime.

PS4 > 130m lifetime?

yes 43 48.31%

no 40 44.94%

see results. 6 6.74%

Total:89

Depends when PS5 comes out, how well it's received and how it's priced. If PS5 launches at a fairly low price ($399 or less) PS4 sales might slow down pretty quickly.

But 110m+ is all but guaranteed no matter what.

Around the Network

The reason the PS2 sold so much is because it still sold really well after PS3 launched. I don't see that same thing happening this time around because the market is faster than back in those days. So I don't see it selling anywhere close to 130 million.

NATO said:
I'm guessing somewhere between 92-105 personally

Went to sleep and woke up to see this as one of the first replies.

Early 2018 (march) it should be over 80m.

You dont think in 3-5 years time, it can do atleast 12m? at the rate the PS4 is selling?

92m is too low a number, so is 105m imo (it could break/should that by early-mid 2019).

vivster said:
Bold indeed. Good luck on that.

Are you sticking to your PS4 not hitting 100M still?

S.Peelman said:
I'm not sure if I'll believe the thing to sell double what it sold until now for the remainder of it's life, I mean it is approaching it's fifth year. I guess it depends on how long it'll stay relevant.

Its on its 4th, and it still has another good 3 years left in it before the PS5, after which the PS4 will be at 149$ and still selling decently for a few more years.

Anyways thats why I said a "bold prediction" :)

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
NATO said:
I'm guessing somewhere between 92-105 personally

Went to sleep and woke up to see this as one of the first replies.

Early 2018 (march) it should be over 80m.

You dont think in 3-5 years time, it can do atleast 12m? at the rate the PS4 is selling?

92m is too low a number, so is 105m imo (it could break/should that by early-mid 2019).

Perhapps this was a BOLD prediction in the other direction? If sales nose dive in a historic fashion, this will show incredible foresight.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Tmfwang said:
Bold prediction: It’ll be the best selling console of all time.

There we go, this is what I'm talking about. Even if they reach it though, props has to go out to the PS2, because it did it with a set spec over more than a decade. PS4 has a shot of doing it as a platform that spans multiple hardware specs, and potentially form factors. More of a family of products or platform vs a single device.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Mbolibombo said:

You are expecting it to double it sales from now? :O

Its end of november.... PS4 is probably around 73m (its 4th year)?

Yeah Im expecing it to almost double, from now on.

I think 2020 (3years from now) is when the PS5 launches, and I think PS4 will be really cheap when that happends, and keep selling.

Imagine this:

2018 : ~18m year (about same as 2017)

2019 : ~16m year

2020 : ~13m year

= 127m

It keeps selling after PS5 launches too, because at this point its really cheap.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 29 November 2017

JRPGfan said:
Mbolibombo said:

You are expecting it to double it sales from now? :O

Its end of november.... PS4 is probably around 73m (its 4th year)?

Yeah Im expecing it to almost double, from now on.

I think 2020 (3years from now) is when the PS5 launches, and I think PS4 will be really cheap when that happends, and keep selling.

2018 : ~18m year (about same as 2017)

2019 : ~16m year

2020 : ~13m year

= 127m by the time PS5 launches.

Then it does atleast 3m+ after PS5 launches..... by virtue of being like 99$-149$, probably alot more than just 3m.

I think 2018 could come around that number but I dont see the PS4 pull off almost 30 million units between 19-20. 

We'll see :> No matter, the PS4 is a massive success. I'm guessing around 115M or so myself.

Lawlight said:
vivster said:
Bold indeed. Good luck on that.

Are you sticking to your PS4 not hitting 100M still?

No, I conceded that some time ago. I just didn't expect Xbox to fail that hard. I'm just stopping making any predictions and just hope in silence that every console will fail as hard as possible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.