By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bold Prediction : PS4 goes over 130m Lifetime.

PS4 > 130m lifetime?

yes 43 48.31%

no 40 44.94%

see results. 6 6.74%

Total:89
NintendoPie said:
Lawlight said:

This is much bolder than what TC has stated. To think that the PS4 might only sell 13M from March 2018 onwards is very bold.

You might be confusing "bold" with another word in this case.

On another note, what the hell is TC?

TC = Topic Creator.

Around the Network

My prediction is 123 million so I have to say no. But it's posible.

I'm not sure if I'll believe the thing to sell double what it sold until now for the remainder of it's life, I mean it is approaching it's fifth year. I guess it depends on how long it'll stay relevant.

Bold indeed. Good luck on that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bold prediction: It’ll be the best selling console of all time.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

You are expecting it to double it sales from now? :O

This is hardly bold. It could be a bit too much and PS4 could fall short like 125M, but I wouldn't qualify as bold anything less than 140M at this point.

It will have way more legs than PS3 due to the lower MRSP. It also has the potential to go as low as 150 or something like that.

Thats about 10-11M more than I expect its lifetime sales to be.

PS4 has a lot of juice left in 2018 and 2019, 2020 will be half of what it's doing right now with the upcoming PS5, afterwards it wont have much legs.

Not too bold to me. I believe sales will be even higher in 2018 & 2019. PS4 Super Slim and PS4 Pro Slim will happen, just a matter of if it is next holiday or 2019.

My outlook is an official drop to $249.99 + a Game is coming next year, with a holiday price of $179.99. 2019 should see the launch of PS4 Super Slim around September. I think we will see a Blu-ray based Super Slim and a Digital Only Super Slim coming in at $199.99 & $149.99 respectively. That will lead to $149.99 & $99.99 price point during the holiday.

PS4 Pro should go to $349.99 + Game for 2018, with a $299.99 holiday sale. The Slim Pro should hit in 2019 at $299.99 with holiday drop to $249.99.

On top of that I believe a PS4 Premium will launch in 2019 at $399.99 offering 4K/30fps in every title, and bridging the gap to PS5 in 2021 or 2022.

I also believe Sony will deliver a Portable PS4 at some point. The 7nm PS4 Super Slim tech will take nothing to drop into a portable unit, and can only make bring in massive profits.

All that said, I still believe the PS4 platform can reach 200M sales. So that is my BOLD prediction *200 MILLION +*

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Mine is 140m
Not bold enough, seems reasonable.