What will sell best in December

Switch 17 39.53%

Xbox One S 5 11.63%

PS4 slim 18 41.86%

4K consoles (pro and xbox one x combined) 3 6.98%

Total:43
Hiku said:
Gamer147 said:
Switch should take the win. On December 1st it launches in South Korea and Taiwan. This will give nintendo the boost it needs to win December.

I think OP should clarify that this is in regards to NPD, not worldwide.
That seems to be the case since OP said "I think the xbox could easily outsell the  PS4 "

Also, I second the notion that the poll split is awkward.
If the combined 4K systems happen to win, we will probably never know it because we don't get NPD numbers. Only a statement from either Sony or MS saying they had the best selling system of the month. We won't know if combined with the other companies 4K system they outsold the base models.

Likewise, we will probably never know if the base versions of PS4 would beat XBO the if we don't account for the 4K models.
For example, say Sony come out with a PR statement saying PS4 was the number 1 selling system in Dec.
That obviously means PS4 + PS4 Pro outsold Xbox One and Xbox One X.
But if we don't count the 4K systems, maybe PS4 didn't sell the most. Maybe it was Xbox One.

True...  I should clarify about world wide or not...  XBOX has a much better chance in USA than world wide vs. PS4...

For purposes of this poll, let's concentrate on USA market.

No way to edit the pole, so it is what it is, even if we can't verify the result.

Around the Network

The Xbox has a good chance of winning because it has arguably the most popular game of the year releasing in December, it's called PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Don't count them out of the race yet...

I think that all 3 will have a strong month ahead, and somehow i would it find cool if the last month of this year would be amazing for all of them

Cyber Monday is part of December npd. Black Friday is November npd. Just in case anyone in here didn’t know that. :)

spurgeonryan said:
At 199 it is hard to beat the ps4. 3ds and Switch combined? Nintendo.

That might be true, but the PS4 isn't $199 for December...  but the Xbox One S continues all month long to be available for $189...  although I assume Sony could always do a second sale.

Around the Network

Why do people always wanna talk about US sales? It's not even the biggest market. Europe is.

Ka-pi96 said:
Worldwide: PS4
US: Switch
Ohio: Xbox (gotta throw 'em a bone )

Why Ohio and not Washington?

Ka-pi96 said:
jlauro said:

Why Ohio and not Washington?

I dunno, just picked a state at random. It's got to win at least 1... right?

Washington is corporate headquarters, so it should have advantage there.

Considering what has been going on with November, Black Friday and the PS4, I'm not sure anymore. I'm thinking that could continue into December for PS4. I think the Switch has a good chance to have some real good sales during the holidays as it makes for a good X-mas gift.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

For only U.S. sales, PS4 has to stay within $50 of XB1S to win. If XB1S stays down around $200, and PS4 is up around $300, than XB1S could take the win.
I don't think Switch will win because it seems like NiN isn't going to budge at all on price, which isn't a surprise, and I think PS and XB will try and keep their base unit price low enough to try and entice people to stay away from Switch, as well as each other.
I wouldn't be surprised if PS4 (non bundle) ends up being $249 after cyber monday and $229 on boxing day.