By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who will win December

What will sell best in December

Switch 17 39.53%

Xbox One S 5 11.63%

PS4 slim 18 41.86%

4K consoles (pro and xbox one x combined) 3 6.98%

Total:43

Clarification:  Consider the poll for US sales.

At this point I think it's clear the $199 PS4 won Black Friday sales (although Cyber Monday could change that, especially depending on supply), and the switch is a close second with no discount, but xbox one s did decently too.

However, what about the rest of the year...  The PS4 goes back to normal prices, the switch never left normal prices, and the xbox one s enjoys another month of discounted pricing...  For $189 you can get free shipping and a free game and 1-month xbox game pass direct from Microsoft.

I expect the switch to continue to come out on top the rest of the year, but I think the xbox could easily outsell the  PS4 due to price point and more than make up for the head start the PS4 obtained during black Friday.

Last edited by jlauro - on 25 November 2017

Around the Network

Hopefully Net Neutrality

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I think its too early to tell.

Depends on stock really. But my guess is the PS4, but whoever wins won't win by a long shot anyway.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

The PS4 will surely either get a new discount come december 10th-ish or the current discount will be extended til christmas. However I still think we need more info to decide november, not to mention december.

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 25 November 2017

Around the Network

Ps4 followed by switch followed by Xbox during the hollidays. Good discounts and bundles will make the ps4 outsell the switch, january the switch might be back on top.

Xbox won't be discussed in any months unless they do/announce something amazing.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Why make the Pro and X their own weird group in the poll?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Why make the Pro and X their own weird group in the poll?

Because I don't think a single 4k console has a chance by itself...  I suppose I could of said PS4+pro and xbox s + xbox x, but this gives one more option.

Please fix poll.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Bandorr said:
The $189 xb1S continues through December?

Yes, although I am not sure what the MSRP is at other reatilers, but it's available from Microsoft through December at least. From https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-s?xr=shellnav#buy

**Offer valid from 9:00 PM PST on November 22, 2017 to 11:59 PM PST on December 31, 2017, while supplies last. Available only in Microsoft retail and online store in the United States