By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking into a 4K TV, any recommendations?

Errorist76 said:
Definitely don’t go cheap if you want to game on it. Things like HDR capabilities (number of nits, HDR10 capability) and latency (in HDR mode) matter a lot for gamers.

If you own a UHD TV the PS4 Pro is a no-brainer and well worth it!

The TCL p605/607 says otherwise. They're VERY GOOD 4k HDR TVS(has HDR10 and Dolby Vision) and cost only $600-650. They also have one of the lowest input lag of all 4k HDR TVs.(14-15ms).

Around the Network

I have a 55" LG Curved 4K Oled, and i love it. Everything looks amazing on it.

Slimebeast said:
OLED picture quality just is so much above everything else.

Slightly bitter people who recently bought LED TVs from other manufacturers because the OLEDs were still quite high price in 2016 will tell you otherwise though.

1500 euro currently for a 55 inch LG B7V OLED is dirty cheap for the revolution you get.

Blame the stores if you think that. I've looked at OLED and quality LEDS side by side in multiple shops, picture wasn't much above. Better blacks on screens with mostly black, yet with normal programming it looked about the same.

Perhaps the slightly bitter people are those who forked out more for an OLED while having to worry about responsible use for not much extra gain ;)

Slimebeast said:
OLED picture quality just is so much above everything else.

Slightly bitter people who recently bought LED TVs from other manufacturers because the OLEDs were still quite high price in 2016 will tell you otherwise though.

1500 euro currently for a 55 inch LG B7V OLED is dirty cheap for the revolution you get.

The only bitter people are the ones who bought OLEDs before reading the burn-in test: http://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/permanent-image-retention-burn-in-lcd-oled

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I went with the Sony X900E 65" in the end. Now I just have to wait for the delivery which unfortunately is the December 20th

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
I went with the Sony X900E 65" in the end. Now I just have to wait for the delivery which unfortunately is the December 20th

Please give us a short review when you experience it.  Would like to hear your insight.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

TruckOSaurus said:

Damn why so long. I shoved mine in the back of the car at BestBuy.

Anyway congrats, I love the 65" model, really nice size for the living room. I figured out what I was doing wrong with Netflix turning the tv back on. On the tv it has an exit option (not on the ps4) use that to stop the app so it doesn't become active again after turning the tv off.

You'll probably figure it out but you have to enable HDR (I think it's called enhanced HDMI in the settings) and connect 4K HDR devices to either HDMI 2 or HDMI 3. HDMI 1 has a separate audio in option for legacy devices if you need that, HDMI 3 has audio return for amplifiers. HDMI 4 is just a normal one. I also use the legacy component video in option for PS2 and DVD. Even a VHS player through coaxial input. All sources look great.

I have the Sony XE90
It’s a nice tv and not too expansive anymore
It did crash two times in the 7 months I have the tv though while just watching tv

I don’t think the PS4 Pro is worth the extra money
I have one, but beautiful games already are beautiful on the regular PS4
I most of the time don’t even notice the difference
Maybe If I see screens of the pro and the original PS4 next to eaxh other I will

''Hadouken!''

There is a “trick” to unlock some engineer mode for the XE90 in the settings to the get the system run faster, it will probably also work for other sony tvs
I can’t remember how, but I think the link is somewhere in this topic

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1403745

''Hadouken!''

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/samsung-49-4k-uhd-hdr-qled-tizen-smart-tv-qn49q6famfxza-dark-titan-only-at-best-buy/11642513.aspx?

It is on sale right now. Wait you already bought it. (I highly recommend Sound Bar with Sony TVs they are usually really weak)

Last edited by Acevil - on 27 November 2017