By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Reviews - (83) Metacritic (83) Opencritic

Stellar_Fungk said:
I like this game very much but all the tvinga you can do is confusing me. Like Poppi’s upgrades.

tvinga? 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Congrats to Xenoblade 2. The first Xenoblade to get a negative review.

God, you are just a bag of salt that cant hold it together.Slant magazine is a troll media outlet and didnt review XCX(or at least its score is not on metacritic)Just accept it that XC 2 is better and move on.Or better yet, go play the game instead of being salty here.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Cerebralbore101 said:
Stellar_Fungk said:
I like this game very much but all the tvinga you can do is confusing me. Like Poppi’s upgrades.

tvinga? 

”Things”. I have a swedish mobile so it auto corrects everything to swedish words. :p

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Nautilus said:
bigtakilla said:
Congrats to Xenoblade 2. The first Xenoblade to get a negative review.

God, you are just a bag of salt that cant hold it together.Slant magazine is a troll media outlet and didnt review XCX(or at least its score is not on metacritic)Just accept it that XC 2 is better and move on.Or better yet, go play the game instead of being salty here.

lol ... 

this thread just got 10x more salty 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nautilus said:

lol ... 

I know how it sounds, but Im kinda tired of him.I lost count of how many times he came into a XC 2 thread just to bash the game because the charachter design is more anime like and they havent adopted the glorious dead faces of X.

He can think that X is a better game.I have no problems with it, its an opinion.Hell, I even think that X is a great game and one of the best on Wii U.But I cant stand this passive agressiveness of him towards XC 2.I mean, if the game insults him so much, why make these kind of comments in the first place?

And thats especially tiring given how many points were deducted off XC 2 because of these troll reviews or people not liking the game because its too japanese.Playing through the game, It certainly deserves a score far higher than it got.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

lol ... 

I know how it sounds, but Im kinda tired of him.I lost count of how many times he came into a XC 2 thread just to bash the game because the charachter design is more anime like and they havent adopted the glorious dead faces of X.

He can think that X is a better game.I have no problems with it, its an opinion.Hell, I even think that X is a great game and one of the best on Wii U.But I cant stand this passive agressiveness of him towards XC 2.I mean, if the game insults him so much, why make these kind of comments in the first place?

And thats especially tiring given how many points were deducted off XC 2 because of these troll reviews or people not liking the game because its too japanese.Playing through the game, It certainly deserves a score far higher than it got.

I don't know if he actually hates it as much as you think he does. I've seen his comments too and maybe if I was a big ultra mega fan of Xenoblade Chronicles I would get mad too, but some of the comments i've seen I could agree with one some basic level. Still, I think that last comment was more so a playful joke about the game's quality(not necessarily sarcastic though). Just like a small jab. Which I think can be fun at times and am guilty of myself.

I think this is a game you really have to play for yourself to judge. Which is pretty rare in my opinion. Yeah it has a lot of the problems that were evident before release, but they're no where near as bad as they may seem and at times they can actually be endearing. It really is surprising how much the negative aspects of the game were turned around almost entirely at points. In some areas the voice acting is just as bad as we were led to believe, in others it's amazing and gives the characters a sense of depth. Character designs are a bit iffy for some character but others have amazing designs as well. 

So yes, I would agree with you on a fundamental level that if bigtakilla has not yet played the game, he/she should really play it for himself. Critiquing it without having played it or having played it can make a world of difference. 

Somebody told me there’s salt in here. So I brought some Tequila and lime with me.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Nautilus said:

I don't know if he actually hates it as much as you think he does. I've seen his comments too and maybe if I was a big ultra mega fan of Xenoblade Chronicles I would get mad too, but some of the comments i've seen I could agree with one some basic level. Still, I think that last comment was more so a playful joke about the game's quality(not necessarily sarcastic though). Just like a small jab. Which I think can be fun at times and am guilty of myself.

I think this is a game you really have to play for yourself to judge. Which is pretty rare in my opinion. Yeah it has a lot of the problems that were evident before release, but they're no where near as bad as they may seem and at times they can actually be endearing. It really is surprising how much the negative aspects of the game were turned around almost entirely at points. In some areas the voice acting is just as bad as we were led to believe, in others it's amazing and gives the characters a sense of depth. Character designs are a bit iffy for some character but others have amazing designs as well. 

So yes, I would agree with you on a fundamental level that if bigtakilla has not yet played the game, he/she should really play it for himself. Critiquing it without having played it or having played it can make a world of difference. 

The critiques on the game are right on some levels.If you dont like japanese quirks, then yeah some moments the game can be annoying.Or that if you dont like the english accent, you wouldnt be fan of the english voices.But reading through some of the reviews, I feel like they went above and beyond the point of being a constructive critique.The negative points on the Gamespot review are nitpicks by nature.I get that he dosent like the nopons and stuff, and if it were an 8 or somewhere like that it would make sense, given the positives he listed, but take away 3 points just because of nitpicks?Or the slant magazine review.This game is nowhere a 4, and even though I didnt read this particular review, given their history and the score, it must be a horrible review.

There are also reviews like the IGn where the review itself and the score feels detached.Reading through what he says, he basically loved the game, listing few flaws, making it sound like a game that would score 9.But then it scores 8.5.I know this part sounds like nitpicks from me, but this disparity between what is written and what is given as a score bugs me, especially when it is with franchises that I really care about.Because in the end, the overall market cares more about the score than the review itself.

Im not saying that this game is better than P5, or even better than the first XC, but it certainly is overall a better package than X, and a game that should have scored 4 or 5 points higher.

Nautilus said:

The critiques on the game are right on some levels.If you dont like japanese quirks, then yeah some moments the game can be annoying.Or that if you dont like the english accent, you wouldnt be fan of the english voices.But reading through some of the reviews, I feel like they went above and beyond the point of being a constructive critique.The negative points on the Gamespot review are nitpicks by nature.I get that he dosent like the nopons and stuff, and if it were an 8 or somewhere like that it would make sense, given the positives he listed, but take away 3 points just because of nitpicks?Or the slant magazine review.This game is nowhere a 4, and even though I didnt read this particular review, given their history and the score, it must be a horrible review.

There are also reviews like the IGn where the review itself and the score feels detached.Reading through what he says, he basically loved the game, listing few flaws, making it sound like a game that would score 9.But then it scores 8.5.I know this part sounds like nitpicks from me, but this disparity between what is written and what is given as a score bugs me, especially when it is with franchises that I really care about.Because in the end, the overall market cares more about the score than the review itself.

Im not saying that this game is better than P5, or even better than the first XC, but it certainly is overall a better package than X, and a game that should have scored 4 or 5 points higher.

Hm ... ok ...

Um ... yeah ... 

sure? 

Nautilus said:

Hm ... ok ...

Um ... yeah ... 

sure? 

Nice to see we agree on it!