By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Reviews - (83) Metacritic (83) Opencritic

IkePoR said:
Glad to see my assertions to this game looking fucking awful has some merit, based on the varied opinions in this thread.

Negative comments seem to focus on something particular. While most positive comments are generic "I'm having a blast" or "it's not that bad" in response to the negativity.

Anyway, hope everyone who's got it is enjoying it. I'm sure none of you will exhibit buyer's remorse at any point with responses here.

its good, but its not a game you can just "play" like say BOTW. You gotta end up living and breathing it because they have so many systems in place with little handholding. It really feels like an RPG by RPG nuts. They even threw in some gacha cuz why not. I dont think ill have buyers remorse, in fact i dont think ive ever regretted buying a JRPG, and I even got Omega Quintet (and beat it three times trying to get the stupid platinum trophy).

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Mar1217 said: 

2) Is it me or people here are doing some of the worst mental gymnastics to convince themselves that the design of all the characters in this game is horrendus ? C'mon, all I see is people leaning on whatever they see fit to their narrative.

You honestly gonna tell me that these are horrible design too ? (Actually, you can since art is highly subjective) :

Well the game's only been out for a few days, so people don't know every design. But yeah, there are some cool blade designs I've seen in game and on media

The only bad designs are Pyras pants (just make them just a LITTLE longer) and furry ice boobs (which i didnt like even before i saw waist in 3d) everything else looks good to fine. Even Rex's pants, which i think just dont look good in his 2d render.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

roadkillers said:
So how is the story since that is the most important part of a RPG to me. I loved FFX's theology, does this game contain theology?

Since there's a character called Addham, another character is the Aegis (if I remember right, that's like the shield of Zeus?); an Architect, which can pretty much be God.... So, yeah, there's plenty of theology, like the first game in the franchise. And, to an extent, in XCX there was some theology too. 

Volterra_90 said:
roadkillers said:
So how is the story since that is the most important part of a RPG to me. I loved FFX's theology, does this game contain theology?

Since there's a character called Addham, another character is the Aegis (if I remember right, that's like the shield of Zeus?); an Architect, which can pretty much be God.... So, yeah, there's plenty of theology, like the first game in the franchise. And, to an extent, in XCX there was some theology too. 

It feels more like Genesis to me.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

roadkillers said:

HAHA. It's a Xeno-game.

To elaborate a little, this is the first screen of the first game:

To give a straight answer: it's almost a certainty. If it didn't, it would be a 20 year first.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 04 December 2017

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Peh said:
Volterra_90 said:

It feels more like Genesis to me.

Yep, it's pretty much a representation of the Genesis. Aegis is more of a reference to the Greek mythology (unless I'm missing something about the Christian mythology), still, I'd say that the main theme is the Genesis in this game. I can't wait to know how Monolith developed the story in the end. The story bits and themes are there to make it a fantastic plot. 

And, well, I haven't played Xenosaga games, but Xenogears and every Xenoblade game had a strong focus on theology. 

About the reviews, I'm still bewildered in how this game has more or less the same scores as FFXV, which had an uninteresting plot, characters and gameplay. Well, I accept that people has varied tastes, but... C'mon, there's no contest. 

Volterra. Just to answer your question on Xenosaga, Here's a snippet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlCi5R3qUN4

It makes a LOT more sense in the context of the game. But this clip will still answer your question.

Oh, and this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m7Ba9bVfVg

Anyway, in short, every single Xeno game has a very central story revolving around a fusion of science fiction and theological storytelling. Also, conflicts between people with different beliefs and interpretations of the theologies.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 04 December 2017

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

deskpro2k3 said:
should've got a 70 rating IMO.

Heh, this is what happens when you challenge me!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

This theme is sooooooo good. This is the new You Will Know Our Names

Jumpin said:

Volterra. Just to answer your question on Xenosaga, Here's a snippet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlCi5R3qUN4

It makes a LOT more sense in the context of the game. But this clip will still answer your question.

Oh, and this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m7Ba9bVfVg

Anyway, in short, every single Xeno game has a very central story revolving around a fusion of science fiction and theological storytelling. Also, conflicts between people with different beliefs and interpretations of the theologies.

Nice, I think I have to give it a try to the Xenosaga games. I've enjoyed every single one Xeno game, so I don't see why I won't enjoy them. Specially if they follow similar themes and storytelling than the Xenoblade games, which I enjoy a lot.