By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Reviews - (83) Metacritic (83) Opencritic

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

So after about 10 hours of playtime I restarted the game(OCD thing) and I'm about 4 hours in again.

This time I experimented with the Japanese dub. And I have to say, while I really love that the lips are synced, I think I might switch back to english. The voices in english are more distinguished and some of the characters like Nia or that little donut shaped midget guy have way better voices

Even the grandpa is great in english

Did you just redo the game just for the voice overs?

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
"Well sure i don't know what color Emerald is supposed to be"

"GREEN. It's green you idiot. Seee!"

*picks up blue vase*

Hee .. it looked green-ish on my side (a fad and darker tone of green though)

Weird, it looked lighter on my end.

Sunstrider said:

So after about 10 hours of playtime I restarted the game(OCD thing) and I'm about 4 hours in again.

This time I experimented with the Japanese dub. And I have to say, while I really love that the lips are synced, I think I might switch back to english. The voices in english are more distinguished and some of the characters like Nia or that little donut shaped midget guy have way better voices

Even the grandpa is great in english

Nope, you can change the voice acting whenever you want as long as you have the japanese audio downloaded. Which kind of surprises me. 

Sunstrider said:

Nope, you can change the voice acting whenever you want as long as you have the japanese audio downloaded. Which kind of surprises me. 

Yeah I knew that, I just thought that was your "OCD thing" lel.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

This series needs character designers that are not stupid, after the last game i was thinking it would be impossible for them to make worse characters. We can talk about them being super sexualized all day because they are, but the main problem is that they look fucking stupid. Its like a parody of the worst things japanese designers do in games or anime art.

She is my 5th Rare blade now I think, or 4th not sure.

But as ugly of a design as that is, it's not as bad in motion, or as that pic makes it look. Her southern accent was quite surprising though, lol.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

This series needs character designers that are not stupid, after the last game i was thinking it would be impossible for them to make worse characters. We can talk about them being super sexualized all day because they are, but the main problem is that they look fucking stupid. Its like a parody of the worst things japanese designers do in games or anime art.

But as ugly of a design as that is, it's not as bad in motion, or as that pic makes it look. Her southern accent was quite surprising though, lol.

Haven't seen that blade yet. I've gotten 3 rare blades 2 of them HLR (FML) and 1 TNK(not bad). Character designs arent that bad IMO and this is the worst one I've seen easily.

method114 said:
irstupid said:

Haven't seen that blade yet. I've gotten 3 rare blades 2 of them HLR (FML) and 1 TNK(not bad). Character designs arent that bad IMO and this is the worst one I've seen easily.

She is a healer as well. I have a lot of healers.

Nia has Dromach who is a healer, then I got a 2 other rare blades for her that are healers and 1 tank for her.

I got Kos Mos on Rex, so he has two light users. Probably need to transfer her over to someone else due to that reason. Spread the light magic.

So looks like I have 4 Rare blades. Have like 10 Rare crystals, but waiting to open cause kind of want to see who other Drivers will be. Don't want all my rare blades on Rex or Nia. Gotta spread stuff out.

irstupid said:
method114 said:

Nia has Dromach who is a healer, then I got a 2 other rare blades for her that are healers and 1 tank for her.

I got Kos Mos on Rex, so he has two light users. Probably need to transfer her over to someone else due to that reason. Spread the light magic.

So looks like I have 4 Rare blades. Have like 10 Rare crystals, but waiting to open cause kind of want to see who other Drivers will be. Don't want all my rare blades on Rex or Nia. Gotta spread stuff out.

I have the 20 luck upgrade on Rex so I've used him for all the core bindings. Going to transfer over one of the healers for sure because they are much better than her current blade. The tank I think I'll keep on Rex unless the story provides me with another tank like character other than the guy who can't use blades.

method114 said:
irstupid said:

I have the 20 luck upgrade on Rex so I've used him for all the core bindings. Going to transfer over one of the healers for sure because they are much better than her current blade. The tank I think I'll keep on Rex unless the story provides me with another tank like character other than the guy who can't use blades.

For some reason I can't think of the Noppon's name. I keep wanting to say Ricky the Heropon. And it's not like he is a bad Noppon either. I like him. Much better than that trash in X.

I'm afraid of there not be overdrives to swap everyone I want, so trying ot get a feel of characters and slow on suing rare crystals. Also like to max out and use a rare blade before I end up with too many that I don' get ot know them well and they just become a blade I own but never used.

Score fell to 83 on Metacritic, 83 on Opencritic too.
Slant give it a 40 so first bad score