By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Reviews - (83) Metacritic (83) Opencritic

Hakumawolf said:
Score fell to 83 on Metacritic
Slant give it a 40 so first bad score

And that right there is just trolling/click bait. I don't care who you are, this game is not a 40.

But whatever. Scores are scores. I love the game and it won't change what I think by someone giving it a 4 or a 10.

Also I will never give Metacritic or Opencritic or any other statistical website the light of day if they don't follow the classic statistics rules in tossing out outliers. Such as this score right here. Not only would tossing it out give a better representation of the average, but it would also help in cutting down on click bait reviews.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Hakumawolf said:
Score fell to 83 on Metacritic
Slant give it a 40 so first bad score

And that right there is just trolling/click bait. I don't care who you are, this game is not a 40.

But whatever. Scores are scores. I love the game and it won't change what I think by someone giving it a 4 or a 10.

Also I will never give Metacritic or Opencritic or any other statistical website the light of day if they don't follow the classic statistics rules in tossing out outliers. Such as this score right here. Not only would tossing it out give a better representation of the average, but it would also help in cutting down on click bait reviews.

Opencritic lets you remove certain publications from your own personal aggregate. It's great. So no Slant or Stevivor Troll Reviews for me! 

Without troll reviews, and discredited review sites (Gamespot *cough* Fired Gerstman for telling the truth *cough*) Xenoblade 2 aggregates at 86/100. 

But that's pretty much the story for every JRPG these days. There's always people that will hate it simply for being a JRPG. These games are always three to four points underrated on metacritic. Then we have paint by numbers boring FPS games like CoD, Destiny, and even Battlefront that are way overrated on metacritic. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 08 December 2017

Cerebralbore101 said:
irstupid said:

Opencritic lets you remove certain publications from your own personal aggregate. It's great. So no Slant or Stevivor Troll Reviews for me! 

Without troll reviews, and discredited review sites (Gamespot *cough* Fired Gerstman for telling the truth *cough*) Xenoblade 2 aggregates at 86/100. 

But that's pretty much the story for every JRPG these days. There's always people that will hate it simply for being a JRPG. These games are always three to four points underrated on metacritic. Then we have paint by numbers boring FPS games like CoD, Destiny, and even Battlefront that are way overrated on metacritic. 

Well, we can compare it with the same genre, and the fact that this game has a similar score to FFXV is just laughable. Believe me, I've played both and the contest is not there. XC2 just wipes the floor with it. FFXV is basically, press attack button and go forward. So deep and engaging. And you can beat the game like that XD.

But, yeah, the game is superior tech-wise and... well... easier to grasp. Because it demands to touch two buttons. And, as some reviewers would have put it, it's not that japanese. Ew.

Honestly, so far this game feels like it should have been around the 88-90 mark.It really is saddening that such troll reviews exists, in a sphere that should be professional and be open minded about games.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Honestly, so far this game feels like it should have been around the 88-90 mark.It really is saddening that such troll reviews exists, in a sphere that should be professional and be open minded about games.

But that's pretty much how almost all media goes in this modern age. Professionalism is giving way to propaganda, and money. Just look at NBC (owned by Comcast), and how they won't report on Net Neutrality protests. Just look at Rupert Murdoch and his Fox News/WSJ propaganda network. Just look at CNN and how they're pretty much nothing but speculation, and opinion. If you want good news you have to go to the few outlets that are still professional and independent (PBS Newshour, CBS, BBC). If you want good video game reviews you have to do the same (Easy Allies, Destructoid, Eurogamer, Game Informer, RPGfan, RPGsite, Nintendolife, etc.)

Around the Network

The game had a 4/10 by the same guy that gave BoTW a 6/10 and the same publication that gave No Man´s Sky a 9/10, what a joke.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Nautilus said:

But that's pretty much how almost all media goes in this modern age. Professionalism is giving way to propaganda, and money. Just look at NBC (owned by Comcast), and how they won't report on Net Neutrality protests. Just look at Rupert Murdoch and his Fox News/WSJ propaganda network. Just look at CNN and how they're pretty much nothing but speculation, and opinion. If you want good news you have to go to the few outlets that are still professional and independent (PBS Newshour, CBS, BBC). If you want good video game reviews you have to do the same (Easy Allies, Destructoid, Eurogamer, Game Informer, RPGfan, RPGsite, Nintendolife, etc.)

Yeah yeah, unfortunely.As long as Xenoblade go for more of a "anime" approach, both in the artistic and narrative front, it will never reach the heights(purely in terms of scores given) as the original Xenoblade.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Goodnightmoon said:

The game had a 4/10 by the same guy that gave BoTW a 6/10 and the same publication that gave No Man´s Sky a 9/10, what a joke.

Slant magazine I guess? I believe in professional reviewers, but that publication particularly gives me a bad headache. I think it's just a click-baity publication, waiting to the scores to go in and then giving games a score which is not in league with the rest of the reviewers. 

Congrats to Xenoblade 2. The first Xenoblade to get a negative review.

I like this game very much but all the tvinga you can do is confusing me. Like Poppi’s upgrades.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.