By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday: 1 Tb BF PlayStation 4 sells out before Friday at every retailer?!

Why did the ps4 sell out before Black Friday?

Underestimated demand, me... 15 24.59%

Wild card, 199 price caus... 46 75.41%

Total:61
leo-j said:
So PlayStation 4 for sure pushed past 2 million then?

close to 70M

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

lol I feel like the gaming world is owned by sony and we are all just living in it.

ZODIARKrebirth said:
Joe 'wotta' Anderson
@_wotta
·
43 Min.
Sony had its biggest Black Friday in PlayStation History in the U.S.

"We sold more consoles than we ever have in our 22 year history." - PlayStation America.

People severely underestimate the impact that price cuts have. After you go lower than 200 dollars, a whole new market starts buying it. The PS4 is falling on price much faster than the PS3, I wonder if they can go as low in pricing as the PS2 did. That could result in the massive legs that PS2 had.

Wow...I'm so shocked that more game media is talking about this...Sure I see news about Nintendo switch and Xbox1X but...gamestop and costco, toy r us in my area all sold out of the ps4 199. But plenty of switches and xbox s on the shelves. Sony is pumping out market share and not a chirp.....Why?

squibbfire said:
lol I feel like the gaming world is owned by sony and we are all just living in it.

"Live in your world.  Play in ours."

Around the Network
NawaiNey said:
Playstations at $200 or less become unstoppable. This is not the PS3 which never hit that price, PS4 will sell in a similar vein to PS2.

I bought one of my PS3s at that price point. They briefly sold a 12GB model for $199. I bought it to play Dark Souls 2 when it launched. It wasn't my first PS3, but both of my previous two were broken at that point. Overall, I had 4 PS3s:

1. 60GB original model, although instead of paying $599, I bought it off eBay maybe a year later for probably around $350 or so, I don't remember?)

2. 80GB slim model

3. 12 GB model for $199

4. I recently bought my co-workers old PS3 for $50, which ended up being the second gen PS3s (the one that still uses the powered disk tray).

torok said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
Joe 'wotta' Anderson
@_wotta
·
43 Min.

"We sold more consoles than we ever have in our 22 year history." - PlayStation America.

People severely underestimate the impact that price cuts have. After you go lower than 200 dollars, a whole new market starts buying it. The PS4 is falling on price much faster than the PS3, I wonder if they can go as low in pricing as the PS2 did. That could result in the massive legs that PS2 had.

It isn't dropping faster than PS3, just lower... it simply started lower already.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ps4 doesn’t have the cell which was a bitch to manufacture back then..... I wouldn’t be shocked to know the ps4 at 199 is selling at a profit

mM
DonFerrari said:

It isn't dropping faster than PS3, just lower... it simply started lower already.

Indeed. PS3 was a impressively badly designed product. It got good games, but the hardware itself was almost as if it was intentionally built to not be profitable and piss off developers.

I was just checking, Ps3 managed to hit 199 on BF 2011, so it took 5 years while the PS4 is there in 4. It's also notable that it did not managed to go lower than that, even with a new slimmer model releasing towards the end of the gen. I wonder if Sony can keep cutting down the price of the PS4 and if they can't even lower it more with a slimmer model in 2 years.

torok said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
Joe 'wotta' Anderson
@_wotta
·
43 Min.

Which is why I am not counting the xbox one s out of winning December...  it has it's price drop all December long...  I think more people prefer the PS4 at $199 over the the xbox one at $189, but I think more will pick the xbox one at $189 over the PS4 at $299...