By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIFA 18's ads don't feature the Switch version?

dunno why EA even bothered putting this game out. Certainly seems like they didnt want to make it.

The Notion that Portability would be enough justification to charge full price while cutting back major content makes no sense.

This game at $40 (like a portable title) coulda sold reasonably. Hell $50 would've helped. At least it'll be $20 in a year!

Of course in the end, not having EA games is really not that big of a loss...

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Gamer147 said:
Bad move by EA. It has sold over 100k copies on switch in just 2 weeks and more sales are trickling in. It could have been a much bigger success if they just promoted the game more. One cool 20 second video would have helped.

Destiny had exclusive marketing deal and content for PS4, X1 still sold quite good and near PS4 level for this game.

You're surprised Xbox fans buy a game that was developed by the Halo creators? 

You can't be serious about this analogy, right?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

EA is not that interested in the Switch to begin with. 

They made the game for the sake of saying, "Hey, we're supporting the Switch!" A basic PR move, just like they did with Wii U.
However, they don't have the excuse of a failing console this time around. They just don't care for establishing a base on the Switch or working with Nintendo to do it.

Take a look at Take Two Interactive, with NBA 2K18 as a countermeasure.
Sure, the game is only 30 fps as opposed to 60 on PS4 and Xbox One, but the portability makes up for that loss and it has just about every single piece of content that those versions have (that I know of).
Finally, they are not only advertising the Switch version, but giving it a pretty good marketing campaign.
Every time I watch an NBA game on TNT or Inside the NBA (favorite post game sports show. Though, I think Kenny Smith needs to settle down and Shaq is starting to annoy me) every commercial I have seen about NBA 2K18 has been the Switch version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVKqH2ir3-g

Of course, I'm confidant Nintendo is playing a role in that and they must be chipping in on the marketing to be able to get that kind of advertisement on a consistent basis. But the point is, at least Take Two is trying.
EA just doesn't give a crap.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 21 November 2017

Alkibiádēs said:
DonFerrari said:

Destiny had exclusive marketing deal and content for PS4, X1 still sold quite good and near PS4 level for this game.

Of course I aint. I am surprised to see people assuming that just because they haven't put the label of Switch on the box no one will look for it...

People are aware Fifa 18 came out, they have a Switch, they like Switch, they go to the store, they see the game, they buy the game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Of course I aint. I am surprised to see people assuming that just because they haven't put the label of Switch on the box no one will look for it...

People are aware Fifa 18 came out, they have a Switch, they like Switch, they go to the store, they see the game, they buy the game.

They buy a good game, which rules out Fifa 18 on Switch. And are you really arguing advertisements don't work? Why do you think Sony goes to such extreme lengths to require exclusive marketing rights? They'd be better off funding new games with that money if it doesn't work. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Gamer147 said:
Bad move by EA. It has sold over 100k copies on switch in just 2 weeks and more sales are trickling in. It could have been a much bigger success if they just promoted the game more. One cool 20 second video would have helped.

Do you mean in NA or overall? in NA NPD doesnt count bundles and that destiny bundle sold like crazy.

Alkibiádēs said:
DonFerrari said:

They buy a good game, which rules out Fifa 18 on Switch. And are you really arguing advertisements don't work? Why do you think Sony goes to such extreme lengths to require exclusive marketing rights? They'd be better off funding new games with that money if it doesn't work. 

Nope I haven't said advertisment doesn't work. I said that the fact one platform wasn't mentioned in the ad doesn't make that version flop alone.

Owww yes I forgot that Nintendo gamers are the bastion of the good taste, so bad games will break records on other platforms but Nintendo gamers will refuse to buy such bad games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Darwinianevolution said:
vivster said:
I thought EA made it clear that the FIFA18 Switch game was completely different and customized especially for the Switch. Makes sense to not mix it in with the normie versions.

But by doing so, they make people think that the Switch has no FIFA, which is untrue. And it's not like EA doesn't have the gall of just making people think the Switch version is the same value that the other (remember those quotes saying FIFA and Zelda BotW would be the two must-buy games for the Switch?).

And by doing so, EA can say Fifa doesn't sell well on Switch, which for them means no EA games will sell well on Switch and then pull back out from the console since it's clearly doomed in their eyes

Its EA!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

FIFA sucks. It destroyed soccer video games to me. Nintendo has to get PES. Have Konami make a game akin to its “International Super Star Soccer” roots.